Health Issues United Healthcare

I had it about 8 years ago and was very happy with it. One of the better plans I've had. I don't remember the details of the plan but both the hubby and I had some health issues and lots of testing done with little to no out of pocket expense.

I had it about 8 years ago and was very happy with it. One of the better plans I've had. I don't remember the details of the plan but both the hubby and I had some health issues and lots of testing done with little to no out of pocket expense.

I'll have United Healthcare beginning October 1st, so it's reassuring that you were very happy with it. Thank you.

Reactions: KLS52
I got my insurance card today, but it appears to be just for looks until October 1st.

When I click on "Benefits & Coverage":
The information you have requested is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. If you need immediate assistance, please contact customer service.

I guess there are different levels of coverage. I had it for a year with past employer. It didn't cover the basic blood tests I'd been used to. They want you to provide proof of preventative checks and do online stuff to get a cut in monthly costs. They wouldn't cover medically necessary shoe orthotics at all.

"Benefits & Coverage" is now populated.

I guess I won't know for sure how good this insurance is until I need it.

Also, the hospital closest to me is "in the network".

Also, these are the services covered at the hospital nearest me:

ScreenShot2013-07-11at100056PM_zpsd1d557d9.png

btw, for anyone who was wondering, a shock wave lithotripter is what they use to break down and remove kidney stones. So if Spang ever has kidney stones, he's in BIG trouble. :confused:

btw, for anyone who was wondering, a shock wave lithotripter is what they use to break down and remove kidney stones. So if Spang ever has kidney stones, he's in BIG trouble. :confused:

Typical liberal whining.

Spang needs to suck up and take charge of him life. He needs to plan his illness and make sure he only gets sicknesses that are covered.

It's called personal responsibility.

:p

That's usually the case. If it's not done at the "preferred" hospital then it's covered elsewhere. They usually tell you where elsewhere is.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I just meant... There are several hospitals in my city. Some (more than one) are covered as "preferred" or "in network." However, they don't all offer every service.

So even though there's a hospital down the street from me, I might need to go to the one several miles away for certain services.

The cancer center I was treated at is directly next door to an imaging center. But I had to go to an imaging center in another part of the city because the one close by doesn't do full-body CT scans. They're both in-network, though.