To do lists, 21st Century style

IamJen

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
So, I've been looking at Android apps for to-do lists. I've read good things about Remember the Milk, which I downloaded some time before but had trouble with figuring it out on my old phone. Also just today (on new phone) downloaded Gtasks which works with Google Tasks (which I didn't even know existed until today). I started working with Gtasks a bit, but had one big glitch online in that I can't seem to create a new list (only on the Android app). I'm sure I'm not looking in the right place or something.

Does anyone use some sort of app that you'd recommend? What I'd like is the ability to use it both on my phone (which I use a lot next to a fussy sleeping/nursing toddler) and online (so Karl can use it at work). It would need the ability to create multiple lists (one for me for household stuff, a shopping list, one for joint chores, etc.) and the ability to share it with others.

I did a list re vacation stuff last year, with my family and shared it via Google Docs, but it was a bit fiddly and there's no Android app (or wasn't then).

I use "Colornote notepad" on android. Free and I have had it on several phones through several of their updates, I like it. :)

ETA: I am not sure if it does everything you need, as I reread your post; I haven't done some of that with notepad.

Reactions: IamJen
I use Wunderlist. Does the job for me; you can create multiple lists, under multiple list headers (shopping, chores, plans etc) & you can tick things off web they're done & things like that.

Not sure if its available to use on a pc as well.

Reactions: IamJen
I like Astrid. It syncs online and works well on both PC and phone. In addition, it is set up sort of like a social network so you can add friends who also have Astrid accounts, and you can make tasks private or share them with specific people. That way my girlfriend can add tasks for me without having to actually use my account.

I read both good and bad about Astrid, in Android Forums. There was some glitch, but I can't recall what it was. It had good ratings at the app store though. Looks like Astrid is what we're trying for now! :)

Reactions: ledboots