Copy Me That Recipe manager

At first, I spent the evening going through my bookmarked recipes - but from now on I am just going to add them one at a time as I make them.

Another advantage is that on web sites you can't modify or change the steps or ingredients. you can on CMT. so as i make recipes and find things that need to be changed I can do it right then and there and save them in CMT. I can't tell you how many times I have made a recipe and then after it was done remembered that I was supposed to remember to use less cumin. You can always add more cumin - but you can't take cumin out. :)

Reactions: silva
And this morning I found another use. Almost daily I get a recipe in an email. Frequently I just don't throw away that email. Maybe I'll remember it later. Today I got something from my VegNews newsletter. Oh, I gotta save this, I think. Four mouse clicks later and I'm done and I can throw away that email.

You may want to add this recipe:

I forgot to pick this up when I went to TJ's over the weekend. It's literally the only dressing I buy. I made it today but I used tahini instead of almond butter b/c I didn't have almond butter. I didn't have the patience to measure anything, so it probably was way off from what is intended, but it came out pretty darned good!

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
It's literally the only dressing I buy.

It doesn't sound like something I would like but now I'm curious to try it with that kind of ringing endorsement. You might already do this but I keep my ginger in the freezer and just grate it -frozen - as much as I need for that recipe.

Added to my Copy Me That recipes. :)

Oh - and whoever came up with that little slider thing so you can change the size of the recipe deserves a medal (or just a really nice paycheck).

Um.... I thought you could only scale your recipes in the premium version.
When you edit or write your own recipes the fractions just show up to help you with typing.
I think.

Um.... I thought you could only scale your recipes in the premium version.
When you edit or write your own recipes the fractions just show up to help you with typing.
I think.
I was referring to the little slider thing on the webpage where the recipe is. I'd never seen that before :)

There was some confusion among some of us because when we share recipes we don't see the steps or directions.
So I wrote the company and got a response.

Here is what they said.
-----------
Hi Louis,

Thank you! I'm so glad you like Copy Me That.

The default for shared recipes is to not show the complete recipe, which is to give the original authors the website traffic they deserve. Your own recipes (that you added from scratch) do show the complete recipe if you share them. Your method of copying the recipe straight from the original source is also what I'd suggest that you do.

You can choose to share the complete recipe, but only once you have edited the recipe and made it your own. You do this in the recipe's advanced sharing settings. On tablets/computers, this is in the sharing (arrow) menu. On phones, it's in the recipe's 'options' menu. Note that any copied images will not be shown in the Community if the recipe is shared this way, only photos that you uploaded yourself.

Sincerely,
Tine

Tine Bak
Founder
Copy Me That

www.copymethat.com
www.facebook.com/copymethat
@copymethat

• Informative
OK... I haven't had time to go check this out yet, but in the interim, I desperately needed something to help me manage my shopping lists in my life (now that it's more important than ever to be prepared before one heads to the grocery store), and I ended up settling on AnyList. I really like it so far. So much so, that I'm going to pay the $10 for it. It happens to have recipe integration - something I wasn't even looking for, TBH. So now I don't know what to do. I'm not sure I can handle trying to keep track of recipes in multiple places... :/

I forgot to pick this up when I went to TJ's over the weekend. It's literally the only dressing I buy. I made it today but I used tahini instead of almond butter b/c I didn't have almond butter. I didn't have the patience to measure anything, so it probably was way off from what is intended, but it came out pretty darned good!
Curious--are you ok with how tumeric tastes? I find it pretty vile, but I do a shot of it w/black pepper every morning.
I've tried soooo many ways to incorporate it, teas, golden milk, the best one involved cocoa which surprised me, but not enough
Even curries powders are dependent on how much tumeric I can disern

OK... I haven't had time to go check this out yet, but in the interim, I desperately needed something to help me manage my shopping lists in my life (now that it's more important than ever to be prepared before one heads to the grocery store), and I ended up settling on AnyList. I really like it so far. So much so, that I'm going to pay the $10 for it. It happens to have recipe integration - something I wasn't even looking for, TBH. So now I don't know what to do. I'm not sure I can handle trying to keep track of recipes in multiple places... :/

2 things. Copy Me that has a grocery list function. I probably won't use it but it's there. the premium version of Copy Me That has some really good features that make the grocery list function even better

I have been using the same shopping list app for way over ten years. I'm pretty sure I bought the premium version over 10 years ago. they went through some big changes a while back and they don't have a premium version anymore, just a subscription-based version. I'm not sure if i have all the extra service in the subscription service - i do know that I don't see ads. You should try the free version and see if you like it.

One nice feature is that it learns the order of things in the grocery store. so once you have shopped in the same store a few times it will put the items on your list in the same order as the aisles they are in. However, it doesn't work that well. Partly because the grocery stores keep moving things around. And also if you only have a few items on your list and just buy those, the next time they get moved to the top.

you can also have different shopping lists for different stores. I always get my peanut butter at Molly Stone's. and i get coffee at Trader Joe's.

you can put the items in the "Prepare List" in any order you want. I have them in counterclockwise order starting with my fruit bowl and ending at the bottom of my pantry. I love that part.

It took a while and some effort to set it up right. but by now the time and effort have paid for itself.

Its a great app and I do highly recommend it.

Curious--are you ok with how tumeric tastes? I find it pretty vile, but I do a shot of it w/black pepper every morning.
I've tried soooo many ways to incorporate it, teas, golden milk, the best one involved cocoa which surprised me, but not enough
Even curries powders are dependent on how much tumeric I can disern
Yes! I don't do shots of it or anything, that would be nasty, LOL, but I frequently sprinkle whatever I'm eating that's savory with a bit of turmeric, especially on avocado toast. I did once put a bit too much on, though, so that's definitely possible. But yeah, I do like it. But I also like Indian food - don't they use a lot of turmeric in Indian food?

@Lou - The thing is, I'm far more in need of keeping lists than I am of recipes, and I already started using AnyList and I'm really liking it. AnyList lets you create a list, and tag any number of stores to each item in that list, then filter by store. Example - I'll get Salsa from Ralph's, and Trader Joe's, Bread from Whole Foods, Ralphs, Trader Joe's or Sprouts, vegan Cheese from Gelson's or Whole Foods, Bananas I prefer to get from Trader Joe's or Costco, Dates from Trader Joe's or Costco, Frozen berries & Beyond Burgers from Costco, and plant milk from TJ's, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Ralph's or Sprouts. From the one list, I can filter by store, so I'm just seeing the items I would normally buy at that store. Also, you can add notes, quantities, prices, and photos. I'm also planning on creating another list to keep track of what I have in my freezer, and possibly also my fridge cupboard, but the freezer part is huge, because I often forget when I'm at the store if I have something at home or not.

AnyList does a pretty good job or automatically categorizing your list items, but you can change, add, or remove categories as you wish, and view your list by a custom sort order, by category, or alphabetically.

So, if my son says he's going to be stopping by Trader Joe's or Costco, I can quickly filter by store and share my filtered list with him by email or text.

I honestly have like 3 recipes I ever use on a regular basis, so list functionality is taking priority at the moment.

If I were rich, I'd have one of those smart fridges that kept track of everything in my fridge automatically and could do all of the above, integrated with a shopping list app on my phone. I played with one of those at Costco once... What made me sad was that it was the same price as we paid for my fridge in 2002. I'm just praying my fridge hangs on until I move later this year, LOL

Yes! I don't do shots of it or anything, that would be nasty, LOL, but I frequently sprinkle whatever I'm eating that's savory with a bit of turmeric, especially on avocado toast. I did once put a bit too much on, though, so that's definitely possible. But yeah, I do like it. But I also like Indian food - don't they use a lot of turmeric in Indian food?
I do 1/4 teasp of tumeric and some pepper every morning just to get it down. I definitely helps inflammation. I use a Tbls vinegar in warm water and follow with water. I like Indian foods, but don't even use premade curry powders as the one I liked I can't find.
I used to like tumeric, as well as cumin. When I was a teenager I used cumins seeds all the time, and would make tumeric rice. Can't stand either one now. Or cilantro, or avocado., Kinda limits my eating out even more!

@Lou - The thing is, I'm far more in need of keeping lists than I am of recipes, and I already started using AnyList and I'm really liking it. AnyList lets you create a list, and tag any number of stores to each item in that list, then filter by store. Example - I'll get Salsa from Ralph's, and Trader Joe's, Bread from Whole Foods, Ralphs, Trader Joe's or Sprouts, vegan Cheese from Gelson's or Whole Foods, Bananas I prefer to get from Trader Joe's or Costco, Dates from Trader Joe's or Costco, Frozen berries & Beyond Burgers from Costco, and plant milk from TJ's, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Ralph's or Sprouts. From the one list, I can filter by store, so I'm just seeing the items I would normally buy at that store. Also, you can add notes, quantities, prices, and photos. I'm also planning on creating another list to keep track of what I have in my freezer, and possibly also my fridge cupboard, but the freezer part is huge, because I often forget when I'm at the store if I have something at home or not.

AnyList does a pretty good job or automatically categorizing your list items, but you can change, add, or remove categories as you wish, and view your list by a custom sort order, by category, or alphabetically.

So, if my son says he's going to be stopping by Trader Joe's or Costco, I can quickly filter by store and share my filtered list with him by email or text.

I honestly have like 3 recipes I ever use on a regular basis, so list functionality is taking priority at the moment.

If I were rich, I'd have one of those smart fridges that kept track of everything in my fridge automatically and could do all of the above, integrated with a shopping list app on my phone. I played with one of those at Costco once... What made me sad was that it was the same price as we paid for my fridge in 2002. I'm just praying my fridge hangs on until I move later this year, LOL

AnyList sounds great. Maybe even better than Grocery Gadget. I've invested a ton of times putting stuff in my grocery gadget so I won't be changing any time soon. but if i ever do....

I do 1/4 teasp of tumeric and some pepper every morning just to get it down. I definitely helps inflammation. I use a Tbls vinegar in warm water and follow with water. I like Indian foods, but don't even use premade curry powders as the one I liked I can't find.
I used to like tumeric, as well as cumin. When I was a teenager I used cumins seeds all the time, and would make tumeric rice. Can't stand either one now. Or cilantro, or avocado., Kinda limits my eating out even more!

I've started added 1/4 tsp of turmeric and a pinch of pepper to my morning smoothies. I don't know why. I guess someone told me it was good for you. I think the only other use of turmeric is i use it when making a tofu scramble.

I think its spelled tuRmeric. I just learned that last week.

• Informative
I've started added 1/4 tsp of turmeric and a pinch of pepper to my morning smoothies. I don't know why. I guess someone told me it was good for you. I think the only other use of turmeric is i use it when making a tofu scramble.

I think its spelled tuRmeric. I just learned that last week.
You are correct! Without spellcheck flagging me I've never even noticed I'd been spelling it wrong!
I rarely hear anyone say the first 'r'. I hear 'Too-mar-ik', and I say "too-mer-ik'

and
Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer's and cancer. It's a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
-https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-turmeric