Copy Me That Recipe manager

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I just learned about this last night. I have been playing with this and I think its the best thing since sliced bread. And it's free!

It's a Mac App. There is no iPhone app but you can still use the website on your phone. You download it, install it, and turn it on in extensions. Log in. Then it works inside your browser.

You can plug in your own recipes or copy them from the internet (it does that for you with a push of a special copy me that button.) And displays it better than the original web site did.

It has tags so you can easily organize your recipes. Desserts, main dishes, vegan, instant pot, etc. and recipes can have more than one tag

You can easily share recipes with the Copy Me That community or your friends and family. You decide. I think some of these features are only available to "premium users"

It has a meal planning function.

And it has an easy to use shopping list function. It even organizes the shopping list with the parts of the store.

Let me know what you think.

That looks like a great app. I'm not even that big on cooking different things (happy with the few things I can cook well) but having an app to keep track of different recipes might get me started more :)

Reactions: Lou
That looks like a great app. I'm not even that big on cooking different things (happy with the few things I can cook well) but having an app to keep track of different recipes might get me started more :)
On my chromebook it's a icon in the top toolbar and just a click when you're on a page with a recipe it copies it and adds to you copymethat page. You can edit the recipes anyway you want, and it leaves the link one the top
Here's a sample-
One of my favorites. I altered it the way I like to make it

Reactions: TofuRobot
I have Chrome OP.
You couldn't see the this?
    • Drain and rinse jackfruit. Add to Instant Pot with cup of water for 2 minutes pressure, let npr for 5.
    • Add peanut or almond butter and break up with fork, let completely cool, you can set the pot in a sink of cold water to speed it up if needed.
    • Preheat oven to 350°F.
    • Add miso, gluten, spices, and nutritional yeast. Mix well, add more gluten if needed for a soft dough.
    • Press dough into a 8″ or 9″ square pan lined with parchment. Bake for 30 minutes.
    • (Add a couple cups water and some vinegar to pot and set to 2 min pressure to clean the pot.)
    • Remove seitan from oven and brush 1/3 cup barbecue sauce over the top. Flip seitan over and brush the remaining barbecue sauce on the other side.
    • Return ribs to the oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes until seitan is completely firm. Brush with more bbq sauce if desired, and serve immediately.

help | hello@c

Wow - that looks cool (I don't have a Mac but it looks like you can use the website on a PC)...
BUT, I have a HUGE collection of links to recipes in Pinterest - I guess I'd have spend a bunch of time copying stuff over from there..............

Reactions: Lou
I changed it for the Instant Pot. The Americas test kitchen link is stove top
That was an all vegan episode I believe....Let me know if the steps show up

I don't see the steps. and when I went to the orriginal website to get them they wanted to charge me a dollar.
so i did the whole thing over

let me know if the steps don't show up.

Wow - that looks cool (I don't have a Mac but it looks like you can use the website on a PC)...
BUT, I have a HUGE collection of links to recipes in Pinterest - I guess I'd have spend a bunch of time copying stuff over from there..............

Just a suggestion. just do it one at a time as you make them. As long as you have your Pinterest recipe open you can just click "copy me that" and it's done. Plus you might find your recipes easier to read in Copy Me That. And no reason to Copy Me That recipe that you haven't made since November of 2016. :)

Oh and another advantage of this app. it turns off the sleep function. So if you have your laptop or tablet in the kitchen to refer to as you make it - it stops falling asleep while you are cooking.
Some of the web sites I have with recipes are super busy and slow to load. Copy Me That takes all the garbage out and makes it fast and easy to read.
Gosh, I love this app. I wonder if it's single.

• Haha
Reactions: silva and KLS52