MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
I think the thread title speaks for itself. ;)

890-useful-info.jpg

1396343136_helpful-tips.jpg
useful-info.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HINT: Apparently wasps won't build a nest anywhere near another one... even a fake one. So I got a Waspinator! I finally got a hook screw to hang it from the porch... I'll let you know how it works! ;)

Frequently asked questions about wasps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAVE: Holy crap, you MUST try this "cheese"!! (I got creamy original)
Chao.jpg :drool: It tastes just like sliced deli cheese! Even had that butteriness, like Provolone (maybe from the olive extract?).... whatever the case, it's amazing! I knew it made a killer grilled cheese, then last night I tried a few small pieces right out of the package & couldn't friggin' believe it! :eek: Does this mean I finally like tofu?? :weird:

If you can find it, try it!! I'm not kidding. :up:

http://fieldroast.com/product/chao-slices/

Review: Chao Vegan Cheese

Last edited:
Yep, Chao is pretty darn good. And the Creamy Original is my favorite flavor. It's the first vegan cheese my husband could stand. Follow Your Heart slices (NOT Vegan Gourmet Blocks!!!) are very good too.

Yep, Chao is pretty darn good. And the Creamy Original is my favorite flavor. It's the first vegan cheese my husband could stand. Follow Your Heart slices (NOT Vegan Gourmet Blocks!!!) are very good too.
My Kroger doesn't carry either one. What am I gonna do?? :argh:I may need to pay FAR too much at the health food store.... LOL

Kroger has begun their "Summer is Delicious" campaign... more digital coupons AND a daily instant-win game!

If you shop at any of these stores, check online to see about your daily spin. ;)
KrogerFam.png

Wheels of Deals
Spin our wheel for a chance to instantly win great prizes!
By participating, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older
and have read and accept the Official Rules.

HOW TO PLAY
Spin the wheel using the "Spin Now" button. If you land on Winner, you win a great prize! If you land on "Free Spin," you have a chance to spin again to land on Winner. If you land on any of the other spots, better luck next time!
You can play once a day, so you have lots of chances to win!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very first spin and I'M A WINNER!! And it's actually something I can use! :D
YOU LANDED
ON A PRIZE!

Congrats! You won FREE Bush's Best Hummus Made Easy.

Can anyone compare Chao to Daiya block cheese? I'm amazed by how much I love Daiyas jalepano havarti, and block cheddar-both melty and cold. I only pay $3.50 for them, so I haven't felt like trying Chao, which is always a lot more

Vegan mayo can improve so many otherwise bland or 'too healthy' tasting dishes
So does adding some lemon juice

I can't live without Silk original Creamer and coffee. I purchased four pints of Creamer that were "off"...not tastewise but they were super thick. I contacted the company (Whitewave) and they are looking into it. They also reimbursed me $10 for the four pints. Pretty good customer service. I wrote them to say thank you and told them that, better than receiving the ten dollars, I will much prefer them to figure out what went wrong so that it doesn't happen again, haha. I need my Creamer!

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
Can anyone compare Chao to Daiya block cheese? I'm amazed by how much I love Daiyas jalepano havarti, and block cheddar-both melty and cold. I only pay $3.50 for them, so I haven't felt like trying Chao, which is always a lot more
Where do you get the blocks for that price? I have to pay $5 for them at my grocery store.

I can't live without Silk original Creamer and coffee. I purchased four pints of Creamer that were "off"...not tastewise but they were super thick. I contacted the company (Whitewave) and they are looking into it. They also reimbursed me $10 for the four pints. Pretty good customer service. I wrote them to say thank you and told them that, better than receiving the ten dollars, I will much prefer them to figure out what went wrong so that it doesn't happen again, haha. I need my Creamer!
I've got the Silk hazelnut flavored creamer again now (on sale, plus coupon), but it's a bit thin & dark & watery....

FAVE:

upload_2017-4-27_0-1-50.jpeg <---- I haven't seen it at Kroger in a couple weeks, but it's thick & creamy goodness!! :up:

I know I posted about this elsewhere, but I think it deserves a shout-out here....

LITTLE THING I JUST CAN'T DO WITHOUT:

81sMo53VO1L._SX355_.jpg
<---- My aging hands would be in daily misery by now if it weren't for this.

Kitchenware | Kitchen Utensils and Accessories | Zyliss UK :up:

No electricity needed, easy to rinse, easy to control... it paid for itself in the first week.... I love this thing!! :D

Reactions: KLS52
I've got the Silk hazelnut flavored creamer again now (on sale, plus coupon), but it's a bit thin & dark & watery....

FAVE:

View attachment 11549 <---- I haven't seen it at Kroger in a couple weeks, but it's thick & creamy goodness!! :up:
I have, literally, tried every version of non dairy Creamer on the market...at least every version that I've ever seen in my local stores, and I can honestly say that I do not like any of them. It has to be Silk soy original Creamer for me. I wish I liked an alternative. My life would be so much simpler. I will, absolutely, keep trying new things as I see them, though. I remain forever hopeful that something else out there will compare to my Silk.

I think I'm odd in that I tend to like and stick to original items and brands of things. Maybe because I've been using them for so long. For instance, nothing is beating Tofutti Better Than for sour cream and cream cheese. Not even Kite Hill which is very good, but has more of an after taste.

Here's an example of tofutti beating out vegan gourmet. The latter was very gloppy and gelatinous.
IMG_3290.PNG

With regard to Chao original slices, they are amazing and are most like American cheese, IMO. Daiya is still very good for some/most things and I use it the most in cooking. But while I wouldn't ever bite into Daiya on its own, I totally can with Chao. And also with the Follow Your Heart Mozzarella block...the newer improved version that is very firm, that is.

I tried a ricotta a few months back...can't remember the brand...maybe it was Daiya? I could be mistaken. I didn't like it at all. I will stick with my homemade tofu ricotta recipe. It's amazing and so easy. And omnis love it.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Where do you get the blocks for that price? I have to pay $5 for them at my grocery store.
$5 is about the regular price I think. It's been on sale first at Giant Eagle, then the new Fresh Thyme-first $3.50 now $3.99 there. I've never seen Chao at a price I was willing to pay.
I think I finally broke the barrier of cheese, where I now actually like vegan subs and alternatives more than I would dairy. I did taste real cheddar when I first got the Daiya block, daiya was much better! No weird after taste that coats the mouth

I would never even try store ricotta as making it so easy and delicious! lemon juice, minced olives, maybe a bit of olive oil, basil, oregano, parsley and MISO! That makes such a big difference! and extra firm tofu of course. I remember my first few vegan lasagna weren't very good because I tried following recipes for ricotta.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Coffee mates natural Bliss almond creamer was very good, but cost $2.99 a small bottle. I now have Silk almond vanilla creamer - the large carton at the same price (on sale though). Haven't tried that yet
I like Trader Joes soy creamer. It's cheap

I was hoping to like TJs soy Creamer and there's another popular name brand, Organic Valley, maybe, that makes a soy Creamer but they both taste too much like soy. I don't know why Silk doesn't have that soy taste. I do want to try Bliss...I'm going to hunt for it next time I'm out shopping.

I'm with you, @KLS52 , SILK soy creamer - I prefer the plain original - is my very favorite. I do not like flavors in my coffee.

The Heidi Ho "Ne Cheve" Black Lava flavor is the best new thing I've tried in a long time. I didn't think I had missed goat cheese, but I'm glad I can have it now. It's pricy, but as a special occasion treat, it's delightful.

Ne Chèvre Live Cultured Cashew Cheese by Heidi Ho

I hate American cheese. It looks, smells, tastes, feels and melts exactly like plastic. In fact, I'm not entirely sure it's not actually plastic being passed off as cheese. :yuck:

I hate American cheese. It looks, smells, tastes, feels and melts exactly like plastic. In fact, I'm not entirely sure it's not actually plastic being passed off as cheese. :yuck:
I've always hated American cheese, even as a kid. Yuck indeed. :yuck: American cheese slices, Velveeta, all that crap... they taste less like actual cheese than the vegan stuff! LMAO

Man, America can't get ANYTHING right.... :pout: :p