The Weather.

AI Overview
No, sugar does not expire or spoil as long as it is kept dry, because it does not support the growth of bacteria or fungi.
Shelf Life and Quality
• Indefinite life: Pure granulated white sugar lasts forever because it absorbs moisture and stops microorganisms from growing.
• Best-by dates: Manufacturers print a "best by" date of two years to measure peak quality and texture, not safety.
• Clumping: Over time, sugar can harden or form lumps if it touches the air or humidity, but it is still safe to use.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Agree. It lasts forever. I've had muscovado sugar in my cupboard for around 15 years! It has completely dried up and it's a large clump.
 
I have had multiple water leaks in my old house since we moved in so I erred on the side of caution. It was only half a small jar of sugar.

Today was much warmer than I expected. I wore tights and felt a bit hot walking home.