The Weather.

Ridiculous unseasonably warm temps for January but I'm not complaining because I have been able to not turn the heat on. I like saving money especially since I get my Medicare raise this month so it will be nice to not spend it on the electric bill lol.

There is an awful lot of rain in the forecast...days and days of it. 😞 ...8 out of the next 14 days. And too warm for snow. 😞

• Friendly
Reactions: Brian W
Now we're back to the 20's F and snow. It was pretty bad driving this morning, so glad I'm used to going in early so I don't need to worry about being late. I was very surprised and happy the everyone was driving 40 MPG on the highway :eek:
Later this week, in the 50's! 🙄

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday morning:

E9AD6C6A-CAA7-4E0B-8A28-BB169155FF1E.jpeg
This morning:

2FA7418A-CB3F-4E78-B1E8-C7F6D46787FE.jpeg

Don’t pay attention to the snow…it’s not happening.

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
It's awful in California. My step daughter is half a mile from Sacramento and she's been getting water in her living space...son's bedroom, hallway and a little bit in the master bedroom. They had just refinanced and had the floors redone and did some other renovations. They had to rip out the carpet already in the son's bedroom because it started to smell. I feel so bad for them. They did have a little reprieve the last two days. But It's raining right now and water is seeping through again.

And the reservoirs are not filling up like one would expect. They. say most of the rain is going into the ocean. Supposedly we need better "infrastructure". I wonder if any of Dems infrasture money is making it to California to improve levees, dams and waterways.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
A girl can dream. I'll even settle for a few flurries while I'm on my walk. Heading out now.

F9231BBE-258B-4CBB-9DCB-149A797D4BF2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Raven
Hey. it's NOT raining. The sun even came out.
but its supposed to start up in 30 minutes.

Y'know I have updates turned on for the Weather Bug app. Most days (or even weeks I don't get any alerts. And half my alerts are about traffic or something. This month I have been getting.... (checking) ... at least 4 a day. Sometimes an even dozen. For instance this morning I got an alert it's about to start raining, that my area has a flood advisory, a high winds advisory, a warning for commuters, and a coastal flood advisory).

I do love the warnings for rain. Although lately they don't seem that useful. For the past month, the answer to the question: Should I bring an umbrellas? Has been Absolutely. No need to check the app.

Fun times!

Also traffic has gone back to Lockdown amounts. A lot of people are just staying home. I guess The Lockdown was good training for The Deluge.

They cancelled school a few times this month and the the teachers just changed back to remote learning. hardly missed a step.