The Weather.

Ugh. I hate when this happens. It ruins all of the spring time buds/flowers on shrubs and trees. I remember when I had my apple trees in New York…the frost would kill the flowers/buds and then we’d end up with little to no apples for the deer.

200BA40B-10EE-49E6-A8D9-F733B952B965.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Today I heard our first cuckoo. He is supposed to herald springtime but the weather forecasters apparently do not agree with him. It is supposedly going to continue to be cold for the next two weeks.
We had our fortnight of spring at the end of March/start of April.

In the garden we have had to resort to putting down plastic sheeting to warm the ground to aid germination.

Fingers crossed,
Roger.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
It's chillier than it should be, but the sun is out. I'm going to wait until mid-May to plant my basil.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Mid to upper 50’s over the next few days. It’s very windy right now!

Ridiculous. I can’t believe I’m still having to wear thermals under my layering for my morning walk this morning. It’s still windy with gusts up to 25-30 mph.
5400511F-F59F-4A72-821A-08BEF74C2C0C.jpeg

Ridiculous. I can’t believe I’m still having to wear thermals under my layering for my morning walk this morning. It’s still windy with gusts up to 25-30 mph.
View attachment 26974
Right? I still have the heat on! It's usually off by now. I would like a real spring, otherwise, we're going to go straight into the hot summer. <sigh>

• Agree
Reactions: silva and KLS52
It has been quite chilly all week. The sun is out slightly today at least.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
It's cloudy this morning but rain chances are low with scattered rain possible. It is going to be warm, up to around 80.