The Weather.

They are still saying we are in the 12 to 18 range but not at my house lol. Of course I haven’t been outside. And with the drifting it’s really hard to get a good measurement. My son shoveled our driveway at 9:30 am and there’s hardly any snow on it at 2:30 pm. I just think I’m someone who will never be satisfied when it comes to snow. I mean if they had predicted 4 to 8 I would say that I was very happy. But it’s the promise of such high totals and hearing that everyone else but me has reached them that frustrates me.

It is very cold here today even with the sun shining. There is a cold north wind causing windchills in the 30's. Tonight there will be a hard freeze with temps going down to 28 or so. I am glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow morning!

• Friendly
  • Wow
Reactions: silva and KLS52
OK… I just went outside. I walked around to the side of the house where there’s no drifting and there’s definitely 12 inches so I am officially satisfied LOL.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and silva
They are still saying we are in the 12 to 18 range but not at my house lol. Of course I haven’t been outside. And with the drifting it’s really hard to get a good measurement. My son shoveled our driveway at 9:30 am and there’s hardly any snow on it at 2:30 pm. I just think I’m someone who will never be satisfied when it comes to snow. I mean if they had predicted 4 to 8 I would say that I was very happy. But it’s the promise of such high totals and hearing that everyone else but me has reached them that frustrates me.
Aww, I am sorry. It is really beautiful, though. I'm so glad I don't have to go anywhere, haha. :)

Reactions: KLS52
OK… I just went outside. I walked around to the side of the house where there’s no drifting and there’s definitely 12 inches so I am officially satisfied LOL.
Haha, I answered your other post before I saw this. YAY!

• Love
I just hope you guys don't get the whole "bomb cyclone" 🥶😱❄️
The played video of the blizzard of 1978, I still remember how scary that was! 70 MPH winds, no school for two weeks straight...we opened our side door to the door imprint in a wall of snow!

Snow is fine when it's not accompanied by winds!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
It's just freakin' freezing here! Not usually under 20 F for this long, and lots more to come.
Next week I may as well schedule a day off, as we have two days in the 40's, with rain, followed by the teens an 100% snow 🙄 o_O:worried:

I got dressed for my morning walk before checking the temperature. I may postpone. I don’t usually go unless it’s at least 20 degrees or higher…

61538FDF-75F7-4DBC-B7DD-80CA29DFDC0B.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
A balmy 42°F. I’m going to go for a second walk even though I’m feeling lazy. It’s too good to pass up. Back to below freezing by Saturday.

4:30 am and it’s already 39° with a real feel of 41! Can’t wait for sunrise so I can get my walk in.

Reactions: Chryssie
tues and wed were in the 40's, rained all yesterday, then temps dropped and it started snowing, and should snow all through the day.
Almost everyone had put in for a day off work, myself included!
Actually didn't get much snow overnight, but it's the ice under the snow that's the big worry. My car encased in about an inch of ice

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
Rain for two days. I got my morning walk in but not sure if I will be able to go again. I’ll have to keep checking the hourly.

Warmer still this morning, was in the 50's. It is up to 79 now and tomorrow will get into the 80's before another front this weekend. Temperatures will drop but no deep freeze like last week.

They are predicting wintry mixed precipitation for tomorrow morning but I don’t see how as the temps will be in the lower 40’s at 5 am. It won’t drop into the mid/lower 30’s until 3 pm. And shortly after that it will be dry. 🤷🏻‍♀️

After two days of 40's and rain, it's in the low 20's and constant wet snow, and winds. I think it's worse than MLK monday!
I took today off, and it looks like tomorrow may be a good idea!
I've been so lazy!

• Friendly