The Walmart Thread

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I know there are those who consider Walmart to be Evil Corp Incarnate, and for good reason. But the company didn’t get to be a gazillion-dollar corporate behemoth for nothing. They’re still popular with plenty of folks.

So herewith is a thread to discuss what interesting things can be found at Walmart, from vegan grocery finds to cheap trinkets for gift-giving to hidden treasures you never expected to find at Walmart.

Let’s start with this article I found:

Walmart reveals the most bizarre top-selling items in every state

As for me, I found comfy athletic pants that come in petite sizes. I got all 6 colors in my size (Petite small). They fit well, have a drawstring waist and two front pockets, and don’t pill after washing. They were reduced from $9.96 to $9 and then to $6. I didn’t expect pants from Walmart to be this nice. They’re perfect for exercise and other activities in the assisted living center where I’m living now.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Athletic...nts-Available-in-Regular-and-Petite/752348051

Last edited:
You could switch walmart and amazon in either thread and they'd fit perfectly!
I find both companies to have both reprehensible as well as good qualities, although I'm far more likely to favor amazon.
I'm just annoyed to see a positive thread about walmart alongside the hate for amazon. Just saying....

I used to go there for my mothers clothes, and it pained me to walk in what looks like a pre-trashfill. If you took out all the stuff that aren't really necessary items you could reduce that store to a fraction of it's size.

there is someone on a facebook that's talked about eggless egg type noodles. She posted a picture of them made and they're wide and flat and kinda curled just like you would see wide egg noodles. I am wondering about them, as I will go there for a jar of Just Mayo.

Even though I'm surrounded by other vegan friendly stores I don't think our walmart carries much of anything besides the vegan mayo and their own brand of soymilk - which is ridiculously sweetened!

I don't buy much from Walmart except socks and underwear. Oh, and I'll buy plants sometimes if they have a good deal, but I prefer to shop at Canadian Tire or Home Depot for garden stuff.

Although it is "politically incorrect," I do shop at the Walmart Neighborhood Store (grocery store/supermarket) and (more rarely) at the regular Walmart department store. One reason is that Walmart often has items in stock that I cannot find in Kroger or Target.

Yeah, most of the workers found out their stores were closing when they showed up for work and found the doors locked.

I find Walmart to be far more reprehensible than Amazon, but I do go there for Just Mayo and for canned cat food when I don't have time to get to Costco that day.
I hate them both. But Jer shops at Walmart ALL the time (it's very close to his house).... I've had to go with him a few times, because he asked... bought a few things (last time was a quick Amy's meal -- wow, that was when I still ate rennetless cheese, so that was quite a long time ago -- and beer).... haven't been back since. And I have no reason to go back... so I won't. ;)

If he wants to shop there, fine... they have the Freshpet refrigerated food that Mojo loves & is used to... no one else around here does, sadly.

I really hate Walmart the corporation. The super Walmart in Deland is really horrible; the one in Orange City not as bad but still awful. I have to admit I like the Walmart Neighborhood Markets. They are just groceries, health and beauty, cleaning products and pet supplies and are much smaller. Also being new, they are clean and really nice. The employees are more helpful and friendly. And of course the prices are lower. However, Publix still is the place to go for a large selection of veg products.