TV & Film The Walking Dead

Rented disc one of season eight. I didn't get to Jer's until 7:30, popped the DVD in & saw there were four episodes... and it was new release (very new), so I only had it for one night... and I had a text coupon (for today only), anything for $1... and I sure didn't wanna pay a nearly $3 late fee.... So I plowed on through some very lengthy shots & too-long dialog....

But I made it. I stayed about a half-hour later than I usually do, but Jer got back late & had to eat, so it worked out. ;)

Knew it would happen... still... R.I.P., Shiva. :cry:

Pleased so far. I’m loving Carol and Ezekiel. Initially, really ticked off at Maggie but feeling a little better now. All in all definitely holding my interest more than the last season or two. Not looking forward to episode five. I don’t know what will happen after that, if I’ll be all, “I’m not watching anymore”, lol. Hopefully they will keep it interesting enough. But not if Negan comes back the way he was. I hated his character. I can see myself taping the episodes and fast forwarding through most of it, haha. Or just getting updates online.

Pleased so far. I’m loving Carol and Ezekiel. Initially, really ticked off at Maggie but feeling a little better now. All in all definitely holding my interest more than the last season or two. Not looking forward to episode five. I don’t know what will happen after that, if I’ll be all, “I’m not watching anymore”, lol. Hopefully they will keep it interesting enough. But not if Negan comes back the way he was. I hated his character. I can see myself taping the episodes and fast forwarding through most of it, haha. Or just getting updates online.

Negan won't come back "the way he was"... Negan is going for semi-redemption in the upcoming war with the Whisperers, he steps up and saves lives. After the Whisperer war arch is over if they follow source Maggie will have a confrontation with Negan with intentions of killing him and it's obvious how much Negan is sincerely suffering and struggling with living with the things he has done. Negan begs Maggie to put him out of his misery. Maggie spears him, and according to Robert Kirkman, Negan will simply never be seen again in the story.

Reactions: KLS52
I stumbled upon this old article from when Negan first appeared in the comic book. It greatly amuses me because his reaction is so much like the reactions people had when it happened on TV five years later :D It reinforces what I've said before about how Robert Kirkman loves to repeatedly **** all over the emotions of his readers hah

The True Horror of THE WALKING DEAD Comics

I thought the mid season finale was the best episode to air in a long time. At first I thought the whole “whisperer” thing was cool, but now that I’m thinking about it, I would have prefered them to be an evolved group of real walkers, rather than just another group of “bad guys” that everyone has to battle. I’m tired of that. I would have liked to see more zombie evolution.

This season has been very good IMHO. The finale was so cool and so very creepy! The Whisperers story line is interesting even with the changes from the comic. Characters that are still alive in the comic are dead on the show so they have to have other characters take up their stories. For example, it appears Henry will assume Carl's story in the Whispers arc. Sadly, the character of Jesus was neglected and his story never developed on the TV show while he is a major player in the comics. If you read some interviews of Tom Payne, he was very disappointed the writers did not develop his character. The zombies will continue to deteriorate as will the humans....

I was shocked and very mad at the demise of Jesus. :( You are right, they did not develop his character the way they could/should have.

Since I have been a member of the spoiling Dead group, I knew that was coming but it was disappointing to say the least. Jesus is a very cool dude in the comics.

I was following them for a while...somehow I forgot all about it, lol.

I’m watching Remember Sunday and Denise (Merritt Wever) is in it. I love her!

Reactions: Chryssie
I couldn’t remember when it was coming back on!
Thanks!

I watched it yesterday. I wasn’t going to say anything because I’m losing interest and didn’t want to be a downer, lol.

I just keep missing the original characters. It’s lost it’s appeal for me. I plan on continuing to watch because I’ve invested so much time in it, but I don’t really care what happens anymore because hardly anyone is left that I really care about. I hate that this has happened but it’s not something I can control. I think I’m too much of a character person, if there is such a thing. Storyline doesn’t mean much when you don’t care/can’t relate to the characters anymore. :(

I understand. I guess since reading the comic, the story is more of a focus point. I do miss the characters and I have been really really mad at the TV show for killing off people who are still alive in the comic and important to the story. I keep watching because of the "investment factor" also. As long as the comic keeps going and the TV story follows it without too many MORE big variations, I will "hang in there" to the bitter end. Speaking of which I think they need to end it soon. I think one more season is about all that can be sustained. Too many changes have lost many fans and I don't want them to just keep going and going for money and it gets farther and farther from the original material.

That makes sense, about reading the comic. I keep forgetting about the comic followers.

I think I saw that they signed for a tenth season.

Yes there will be a tenth season and that would be a good ending point but I don't think they will. I hope they don't ruin the story and try to stretch it out for much longer. It's always been Rick's story and I don't know about this "new direction" they are headed in with him. And, like you, I don't have that strong an attachment to any of the current characters... except maybe Michonne. And Judith is awesome... and she doesn't exist in the comics. She died as an infant. And I don't want Daryl to be "the new Rick". I don't like Daryl who also doesn't exist in the comic.