TV & Film The Walking Dead

HA HA... Scott Gimple (so fvcking long, fvcker!) is no longer the show runner... Not fired exactly, but rather more like "promoted" :rolleyes:

This is actually a really good thing, I think. That is the studio's way of saying "we like your general direction, but please, never make a decision this goddamn stupid again."

This is actually a really good thing, I think. That is the studio's way of saying "we like your general direction, but please, never make a decision this goddamn stupid again."

What makes it all work is them realizing that they have two factions of fans... Fans that know nothing about the story that's in it's 15th year of being told, and fans like me that already know the story from being a reader and wanting to see our favorite moments play out on screen which they have done a good job with a lot of those moments for the most...

The pilot mirrored #1 Days Gone Bye extremely well, which made us sit up and say wow that's truly honoring the comic! We got Carl getting shot, the escape from the farm. We got the big "Kill 'em all" moment with the Gov even if it was remixed all to hell... We got Bob (Dale) being snacked on, and the relentless slaughter of the Hunters (TV-only fans know them as the Termites)... We got Rick biting the guy's throat out on the road to DC to save his son... We got the big fight with Pete, and the No Way Out arc in Alexandria with reasonable accuracy... We got the Negan introduction that was almost verbatim... We got Carl's bad *** visit to the Sanctuary, and we found out that Spencer had guts after all.. We got the Ezekiel introduction and we've gotten the attack on the outposts and the Sanctuary, as well as the "humbling" of Ezekiel and what came with it (trying not to spoil too much for Madam)...

It's those big comic book moments that keep the readers also watching the TV show... To be blunt if we stop getting those moments, most readers will wash their hands of it. I understand that things have to get remixed so guy's like me aren't constantly spoiling it for people who don't already know the story and that's fine, I accept it... But when they make MAJOR changes that will drastically effect future storytelling in the story as well know it, it's just disheartening.

Keep it interesting and fresh for TV, but don't forget about us people who loyally run out to the book store the first Wednesday of every month... But then again; AMC, Gimple, don't get a piece of that pie and could probably give a **** about the loyalty of comic readers buying books, that's Kirkman/Aldard/Skybound money.

^^^I never looked at it that way, from the comic readers’ viewpoint. Good job explaining it.

^^^I never looked at it that way, from the comic readers’ viewpoint. Good job explaining it.

I guess it isn't much different than watching a movie that's an adaptation of your all time favorite novel... You really hope they get it right, you really hope your favorite parts aren't left out... Difference is; we get to do it for 16 Sunday's a year :D

Reactions: KLS52
And I don't know who's choice it was -- the actor's or the director's -- but Neagan is tiresome. :tired: The whistling isn't ominous, it's dumb. The physicality of his character alone annoys the sh*t out of me... that constant backwards-bobbing thing he does... Christ, that's distracting! Enough!

And it's bad enough that these core actors had to just kneel & sob for how many hours/days... at least they got paid. But to expect your (paying) viewing public to sit through this incredibly long-winded, self-indulgent horsesh*t?! :down: Bad direction, man.... :dismay: I can see why Jer & Tom just gave up on even trying to watch in season 7. LOL

Ezekiel's quite a hoot, though. My very first impression was: "Hang on a sec... I know this... he's not nuts.... This guy's an actor!" :p
YEAH! Let's hear it for community theatre!! :hh: LMFAO

And if that's the way they took out Glenn, it was nothing but a weak f*cking cop-out. :brood: I'm going to choose to think he's being kept in the pantry.... 'cuz, ya know, he's a vegetable. :weird: He'll get one more chance to go out in the blaze of glory he deserves, rolling into the fray with a half-ton of explosives strapped to his wheelchair.... LOL

And I don't know who's choice it was -- the actor's or the director's -- but Neagan is tiresome. :tired: The whistling isn't ominous, it's dumb. The physicality of his character alone annoys the sh*t out of me... that constant backwards-bobbing thing he does... Christ, that's distracting! Enough!

And it's bad enough that these core actors had to just kneel & sob for how many hours/days... at least they got paid. But to expect your (paying) viewing public to sit through this incredibly long-winded, self-indulgent horsesh*t?! :down: Bad direction, man.... :dismay: I can see why Jer & Tom just gave up on even trying to watch in season 7. LOL

Ezekiel's quite a hoot, though. My very first impression was: "Hang on a sec... I know this... he's not nuts.... This guy's an actor!" :p
YEAH! Let's hear it for community theatre!! :hh: LMFAO

And if that's the way they took out Glenn, it was nothing but a weak f*cking cop-out. :brood: I'm going to choose to think he's being kept in the pantry.... 'cuz, ya know, he's a vegetable. :weird: He'll get one more chance to go out in the blaze of glory he deserves, rolling into the fray with a half-ton of explosives strapped to his wheelchair.... LOL

With Negan, people have this disconnect with the fact that he is literally a beloved over the top comic book character, a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario... Maybe it doesn't translate well for people who aren't readers... That entire exchange in the season 6 finale and season 7 premiere is almost word for word (except for the F bombs) from the issue #1oo, as well as being nearly visually identical too. Bottom line it made comic book fans extremely happy to get that whole scene, while infuriating pretty much everyone else lol...

14713711_10154575862139299_1362894552218704601_n.jpg

This, for sure.

The split between those audiences, combined with just how blatantly manipulative the writing on that episode comes off as, is the reason for the polarized reaction to Negan's introduction.

Pretty much... And as usual the worst parts are the parts where they changed from the source lol... The part that is taken from source is glorious! The whole camper thing and what followed it, is what I think fell flat.

Robert Kirkman kind of sums it up by saying "Fans get very upset, but that is by design!" - Nevermind Scott Gimple, Nick T., etc those guy's are just cashing in on Kirkman's vision... As the creator of the original story, he loves more than anything to upset and anger the reader (and TV viewer)... If you're ****** off and upset by events that happen in the story, he sees that as a personal accomplishment. The guy is a troll at heart!