The Voter/Election Thread

Primaries tomorrow (Aug.7) for:

Kansas -- Your Shortcut To Sorting Out The Tuesday Primary In Kansas

Michigan -- Why Michigan could see the biggest blue wave of all in the 2018 elections

Missouri -- Democratic Party primaries in Missouri, 2018 - Ballotpedia

Washington -- Primary elections in Washington, 2018 - Ballotpedia

Aug. 7 primaries will measure GOP vulnerability, Democratic tensions

6503_image_19620475_10154835456987799_2808075490854741570_o.jpg

As I posted on Facebook, this makes me love Lyft even more. Because I can't drive anymore, I depend on others to get around, and with rideshare, I use Lyft exclusively, partly because I like their company ethics.

Connie Schultz, for those not aware, is the wife of Ohio senator Sherrod Brown (D) and in her own right a fine writer and columnist and now journalism professor. I first discovered her through her columns for Parade magazine, and bought her books, which I love. I follow her on Facebook, and her posts there are insightful and inspiring.

Here's the full story on Lyft Ride to Vote:

Lyft Announces Half-Price (And Free!) Rides To The Polls For Midterms

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
Some good news for a change:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/bid-close-voting-sites-mostly-black-us-county-blocked/

I never agreed with the Republican Party platform, but I didn’t exactly hate most Republicans, either. What the hell happened? The Republicans have morphed into criminals who would do anything at all to win, including stealing elections and colluding with a hostile foreign power to prevent popular candidates from winning. If polling stations aren’t wheelchair accessible, you don’t automatically close them. You put the voting machines in the parking lot or put down a wooden ramp so people can get inside. But a Republican decided that closing most of them so black voters can’t vote was the most obvious solution.

Some good news for a change:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/bid-close-voting-sites-mostly-black-us-county-blocked/

I never agreed with the Republican Party platform, but I didn’t exactly hate most Republicans, either. What the hell happened? The Republicans have morphed into criminals who would do anything at all to win, including stealing elections and colluding with a hostile foreign power to prevent popular candidates from winning. If polling stations aren’t wheelchair accessible, you don’t automatically close them. You put the voting machines in the parking lot or put down a wooden ramp so people can get inside. But a Republican decided that closing most of them so black voters can’t vote was the most obvious solution.
And Mike Malone, who proposed this ********, was fired I think.... At least Randolph County ended its contract with him. ;)