TV & Film The TV Room

I have been trying to make it through the entire sliders show for months now. I am at the last season and it is pretty crappy now.

My next mission is Quantum leap.

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-5196-Quantum-Leap

I think you'll like that one better.

My favorite QL episode is "Double Identity". It has the weird distinction of getting funnier with each viewing, no matter how many times you watch it. I hope you like it. :D

I've been watching Without a Trace for the last few days. Yesterday I also caught the last part of a documentary about the woman who pretended to be a survivor of 9/11 and became president of a survivors group and it was ages before anyone realised she was lying.

Started watching the first season of Hell On Wheels. I'm also thinking of starting the show Warehouse 13. True Blood, and Falling Skies are nearing the end of their seasons so I may have time to watch WH13 before Sons of Anarchy starts. Oh, and before The Walking Dead starts back, too.

too.many.tv.shows. I have never tried keeping up with this many before. And of course The Newsroom is nearing the end of their first season.

Grey's Anatomy and Game of Thrones are still on hiatus. Thank goodness for things like Netflix or downloading or Hulu otherwise I would not be able to keep up.

I do think if some of these shows had more episodes than the 10-12 that they get, I probably wouldn't try to watch so many different shows.

I'm watching the original V miniseries (1983) which has some nostalgia value for me. Jane Badler kicked ***. :p

Reactions: FortyTwo
I own this and it's epic.

:yes:

I taped both the original miniseries and the second miniseries that aired the following year off the air when they ran n repeats back in the late 80's. Both are epic. Not only does Jane Badler kick ***, but fans of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies who are used to seeing Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger the Baddy should check out these miniseries. Englund plays a NICE guy here. :D

I'm watching the first season of Maverick on DVD.
I borrowed it from a library partner (a bunch of local libraries share collections and an online catalog so they have more books/etc. to choose from).
I used to watch reruns of this show when I was younger.

Breaking Bad continues to deliver this season. Holy poo, each episode gets better and better. Love Mike.

Has anyone ever seen the Canadian series about a theatre company called Slings and Arrows? The artistic director dies and and the new artistic director who was driven mad during his portrayal of hamlet and left acting and was committed for several years is haunted by the dead director (who directed him in hamlet)--we just got all 3 seasons on DVD and this in one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Finally got caught up on Falling Skies, True Blood, and The Newsroom.

Great finale on Falling Skies - can't wait for next season.
True Blood continues to be crazy as all heck. I think there's one more episode of this season.
I knew The Newsroom was going to be a favorite, and that was only about 2 minutes into the first episode. This entire season has not disappointed. One more episode left, I think.

Reactions: Forster
Big fan of the The Newsroom as well. A little too much star crossed lover things going on, but I understand why they do it. The new shrink is a great character.

Reactions: Rosie1
Meryl Streep is always awesome of course but her portrayal as a male Rabbi in Angels in America was so perfect... lots of folks didn't even realize that it was her.

I'm going to pick up the first season of "Dead Like Me" at the library tomorrow (and the movie "Machete").
I also have a hold on the first 3 seasons of "Veronica Mars" and seasons 2 and 3 of "Dead Like Me". So I'm waiting on them to become available.
-Though the way these holds normally work for me is I'll wait months and then everything comes at once.

Reactions: thefadedone
I've been watching a lot of "Reba" lately; this sitcom that starred country singer Reba McIntire aired for about six seasons several years ago and is now in reruns on two different cable channels here. I ignored it when it was in production, but I didn't realize how funny it can be. Reba McIntire herself is pretty hilarious. Apparently she's got a new sitcom coming soon, so I will want to check that out and see if I like it as much as "Reba".

Reactions: Dropkick
I'm going to pick up the first season of "Dead Like Me" at the library tomorrow (and the movie "Machete").
I also have a hold on the first 3 seasons of "Veronica Mars" and seasons 2 and 3 of "Dead Like Me". So I'm waiting on them to become available.
-Though the way these holds normally work for me is I'll wait months and then everything comes at once.

Dead Like Me is a great show. Veronica Mars is also from what I hear. I need to watch it as well. I've caught a few episodes here and there, but never fully understood what was going on since I didn't watch it from the start.

Reactions: Dropkick