TV & Film The TV Room

I started this last night. I kind of like it, but confused on the second episode. I love Ali Wong is why I started it.
Oh yes. I've seen that too and that it was a real gem.
Although there is a Stranger thing vibe (kids in the 80s), it draws inspiration from a half dozen movies and tv shows. Max is like a female John Connor (Terminator 2) And I loved all the pop culture references. The scene with Alexa is pure gold.

Both kinds of character development are A+.

Some one stated that it was a ripoff of Stranger Things. Not fair. the comic book Paper Girls is based on predates Stranger Things.

Last edited:
Right now I have the Food Network food truck show on and .... Easy Vegan food truck is winning :up:
While FN did Tabitha Browns show pretty dirty (I happened on it at 4am on a weekday), they are promoting more vegan foods on other shows

Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC
Ok...I kept Food Truck challenge on and Easy Vegan are still winning, and the judges are loving their food!
This is what's gonna get people eating more plant based-getting it normalized and accessible

I've also been seeing many commercials for personal products promoting them as plant based and cruelty free. even my sons Axe body wash is now plant based

I don't understand why they do that with popular shows.
I suppose it's because they aren't popular enough. or maybe they are too expensive. or maybe the guy making the decision is just stupid.
But everybody seems to do it.
Fox cancelled firefly
CW cancelled Veronica Mars
Netflix cancelled Sense8

I really wanted another season of Mindhunter, but I read they said it would be too expensive.

I'm on the finale of Seinfeld now. It ends very abruptly watching the whole show back.

Reactions: Emma JC
I really wanted another season of Mindhunter, but I read they said it would be too expensive.

I'm on the finale of Seinfeld now. It ends very abruptly watching the whole show back.
Well, at least that had an ending. Some shows don't get a chance to wrap things up.

I am going to watch more of The Lincoln Lawyer in a minute. I remembered I read something last night before I went to bed that there is a link between TLL and the show Bosch Legacy. I didn't watch Bosch or the spinoff yet. I don't know if people on here already knew that. Some people on another forum had read all the books.

Did anyone on here watch Bosch or the spinoff? I don't know we should watch that before watching the spinoff?

I am going to watch more of The Lincoln Lawyer in a minute. I remembered I read something last night before I went to bed that there is a link between TLL and the show Bosch Legacy. I didn't watch Bosch or the spinoff yet. I don't know if people on here already knew that. Some people on another forum had read all the books.

Did anyone on here watch Bosch or the spinoff? I don't know we should watch that before watching the spinoff?

we watched the first two episodes last night of Lincoln Lawyer and yes, there is a connection between the two and although we haven't watched all of Bosch we have watched a lot of it - they are half brothers and they eventually show up together in the books

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
I have become hooked on live Poker on Youtube - I have played in the past and find it so fascinating.... cool thing is a Canadian guy won over $4 million in the latest tourney in London... love it and happy it isn't my money at risk

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
We have just been watching Family Feud, funniest bits.😆😂 I think that is what it is called.