TV & Film The TV Room

Finishing up watching this. It's pretty interesting. Its French, but I watched it English Dubbed on Netflix. It's about a girl who travels back in time to other people's bodies trying to not have this one guy be murdered.
I was thinking about watching that.
I started The Toronto Man but I lost interest about half way thru. Then I started the October Faction and watched one episode. Not sure if I'll watch another one.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
We watched more of Your Honor when we got home last night. This second series wasn't really grabbing me, but it has developed and got a lot better. I think we are up to episode 7 now.

• Informative
I started watching "House of the Dragon" and it is pretty interesting. It is the "Game of Thrones" spin-off and prequel. The first episode introduces the Targaryen family who are the dragon riders. The dragon is pretty cool. Of course it is violent and bloody and R rated just like GOT. I just read that they are working on season two which won't be out until next year.

• Informative
I started watching "House of the Dragon" and it is pretty interesting. It is the "Game of Thrones" spin-off and prequel. The first episode introduces the Targaryen family who are the dragon riders. The dragon is pretty cool. Of course it is violent and bloody and R rated just like GOT. I just read that they are working on season two which won't be out until next year.
My brother just texted me and said he is watching that too. He said he found it good, but creepy. I'm not sure what that means as I haven't seen it, lol.

Started Happy Valley as I was getting fomo with my friends constantly raving about it.

Do not be fooled- is not happy at all. 😅 In fact, I had to switch off half way through the third episode as I was so shocked and upset by what had happened. 😭

Very, very good though and I'll continue watching.
Finished season 1 and loved it. It is really quite depressing though! The storyline takes unexpected turns, which is great.

There's 2 more seasons so I've got plenty to watch. 😁

• Friendly
My brother just texted me and said he is watching that too. He said he found it good, but creepy. I'm not sure what that means as I haven't seen it, lol.
I wouldn't call it "creepy" though I have only seen one episode. If you watched GOT, you are prepared for the way this show is. It is dark though even after just one episode!

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
I probably won't watch it as I stopped watching GOT quite early on.

I've watched a lot of TV/film this weekend. We caught up with The Last of Us yesterday. The 9th episode should be out today.

I thought the last episode was quite underwhelming. It felt like it should have been longer as some of the earlier episodes were longer.

• Informative
we started watching Mindhunter series last night on Netflix - it is quite interesting as I believe it follows the start of 'profiling' as a way to identify criminals / 'sequence' killers (as they first called it) - there are two seasons and then it was cancelled

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Andy_T
I am looking for something to watch. I'm looking at a list called 25 Shows Like Mare of Easttown.

I finished the second season of Shadow and Bone last night. I enjoyed it and if you like epic fantasies I recommend this show.

I think I liked the first season better. but I'm not sure that is fair. I had no expectations when I started the first season, but I waited a long time for the second season which drove up expectations - that maybe were built up too high.

I also don't remember so much fighting in the first season. I felt like there were too many fight scenes and they were also too long

There are also a lot of main characters and even more minor characters. By the time the second season came I couldn't remember all the details. And a tv show is not like a kindle book where you can search a characters name and find the pages he was introduced. But I don't think it hurt too much in enjoying the show.

The other thing is that after the first season I learned the tv show is based on a series of books. Now I think I will read the books. I think there are five.

Oh and the second season ended with strong hints of a third.

• Informative