TV & Film The TV Room

Well so did a lovely British man. However, I've seen 2 episodes and I keep looking at the clock all the time! :grinning: :cool::D:eek::rolleyes:
I think I skipped it cause of the subtitles. But normally my sister's taste is trustworthy.
I have So Many tv shows and movies that I have started and not finished. Some for good reasons and some just because there are so many other things to watch.
It used to be that I almost never didn't finish stuff

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I’m in a tv lull, not knowing what to watch next. I find it hard to get into new stuff and end up rewatching old series. Right now nothing interests me. ☹️
So instead of watching tv I’m listening to audio books for hours on end. In a way it’s good because it keeps me moving as I can’t just sit there listening and doing nothing lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I’m in a tv lull, not knowing what to watch next. I find it hard to get into new stuff and end up rewatching old series. Right now nothing interests me. ☹️
So instead of watching tv I’m listening to audio books for hours on end. In a way it’s good because it keeps me moving as I can’t just sit there listening and doing nothing lol.
I just re-listened to an audio book series. I've actually read and listened to this series before. but I like it a lot. Plus, when I'm listening in bed, if I fall asleep its not so important to find my place the next morning.

BTW, This is the Sharing Knife Series by Lois McMaster Bujold. If you haven't read or listened to it - you can - for free - on Hoopla.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Just a heads up…not a spoiler…there only 7 episodes…then there will be a few more starting July 1. I don’t know why they had to break it up like that. I was kind of annoyed.
Oh yes. I just finished the seventh one and thought it didn't seem like a proper ending so I googled. I like this series. I think it is the first one that I have ever sat and watched intently.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I started watching another Hulu limited series called "Dopesick". It stars Michael Keaton and is the story of OxyContin. It is really good and while is fiction tells the true story of how this drug came to be and the consequences. It is a story close to my heart as I lost my son to Oxy. I have watched the first few episodes and it is now starting to get into the really disturbing addiction stories. Recommended if you get Hulu.

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
For our UK members and/or those who have access to ITV :

This documentary tells the incredible story of how that community came together - And how they made a remarkable discovery that gave detectives the breakthrough they needed. The film features extraordinary behind the scenes footage and police interviews as investigators began to unmask the Brighton Cat Killer.

Brighton residents refused to let the killer get away with these attacks and began to investigate themselves what was happening and who was responsible.

Those directly involved in the crimes, including those that had their cats injured or killed, tell How to Catch a Cat Killer the extent of their torment at the hands of Steve Bouquet.

• Wed 08 Jun 2022

• 9.00pm - 10.00pm

1654601305676.png

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
Finished "Dopesick" and while it had me in tears, it was a most amazing series! Big Pharma is indeed evil! It took years to take down Purdue and just happened within the last few years. This company and evil family had been doing this sh*t since the 60's! Great acting! My only complaint is the way they kept jumping back and forth in time. It was kind of confusing and you had to pay close attention.

@Lou I’ll check it out!
Another good audio book series by the same author and also available on Hoopla for free is

World Of The Five Gods: Penric & Desdemona

They only have the first five right now. They are all short. Novellas not novels.

Reactions: KLS52
I have been watching the new Star Trek. It's quaint. Just one episode released per week. I like it a lot.
I've watched the first episode of Ms. Marvel. I'm on the fence on that one.
I'm only on the first episode of Stanger things - S4

Reactions: Emma JC
I have been watching the new Star Trek. It's quaint. Just one episode released per week. I like it a lot.
Is it anything like any of the older ones? I'm usually a conservative "first was best" although I quite liked Voyager and Enterprise.

I've watched the first episode of Ms. Marvel. I'm on the fence on that one.
I'm only on the first episode of Stanger things - S4

We have been watching the new Star Trek also and enjoying it very much.
Didn't like the new season of Ms Marvel don't think we even made it through the first episode.
Made it to about episode 4 or 5 of Stranger Things so far.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

We have been watching a remake of Poldark. It's not the sort of thing I would have chosen to watch but I am actually enjoying it.

The show "Outer Range" on Amazon is really weird! I am sucked in though and want to know the answers to all these questions! It reminds of "Lost" which I really liked until it kind of went off the rails at the end.

The show "Outer Range" on Amazon is really weird! I am sucked in though and want to know the answers to all these questions! It reminds of "Lost" which I really liked until it kind of went off the rails at the end.
I just ordered some stuff on Amazon and that show came up recommended for me to watch.