The Try One New Thing A Day (or Week) Thread

I bought a Florida avocado thanks to a post by SB. Will be trying that today.

Reactions: Amy SF
I took my car to a Valvoline shop for an oil change. I usually avoid all chains like Valvoline, Midas, etc. because 1. I don't trust them and 2. They always try to feed me a line of ******** about all the million things that are wrong with my car 3. They always try to sell me expensive services and products. I've been going to a local mechanic for my oil changes, but my car was acting really fucked up and Valvoline has a drive thru oil change that's super fast plus I was already right across the street from it.
I have got to say that I'm glad I made the stop. Their price was $35 but they were willing to price match my mechanic's deal of $19.99. They got me in ASAP and had my oil change done in 10 mins. They were pretty awesome and I was really impressed with the service. No pressure to buy expensive services or products. No list of repairs that I needed to be done. Just a quick in and out with no hassles and my car no longer sounds like an airplane!

Reactions: Amy SF
That's a load of BS. Christmas tree in July? Next thing you'll tell us you went skiing for the first time ever. On Mount Mojave. ;)

My family gets a tree every year, and since the trash company stopped picking them up two years ago we just have them sitting in back.

My family gets a tree every year, and since the trash company stopped picking them up two years ago we just have them sitting in back.

Well, that's a whole new kettle of pinecones. Why didn't you say so before?

Can't you get a woodchipper and toss 'em in or something? Sounds like a fire hazard. Every year I hear about so many horror stories of dried out Christmas trees starting fires.

You're making me drool.. :drool:

1681667-poster-1280-an-excercise-in-creative-limitations-how-to-get-an-emmy-nomation-without-speaking.jpg

Reactions: Danielle