The Try One New Thing A Day (or Week) Thread

I would prefer one new thing a week...you know, ease into it. Im being serious, anxiety would seriously prevent me from one a day.

I bet if you got really picky you're already doing one new thing a day. Such as posting in this lovely new thread or deciding to do one new thing a week.

Anyway today I went to see The Purge despite its awful reviews. It was ok, better than I expected (although very predictable and cheesy).

Okay, you're all making fun of me now. :(

We are not making fun of you! It is just that I am having trouble thinking of new things to try. And June 2013 is new. I bet you havent tried it yet. :)

I'd quite like to be able to do some of the old stuff.....like waltz into Waitrose and brows the isles for goodies....if I went into a supermarket now, it would be in and out as quickly as I could manage it....no browsing.

I'd quite like to be able to do some of the old stuff.....like waltz into Waitrose and brows the isles for goodies....if I went into a supermarket now, it would be in and out as quickly as I could manage it....no browsing.

I used to browse Waitrose too... well I did once when I was staying near one. Usually it was browsing Sainsburys or Tesco. But I cant do any of those any more because of them all being now thousands of miles away.

There are no supermarkets even within vague walking distance. Probably an hours walk.

I get most of my shopping on line, except for small things like crisps and coke down at the garage..

Do you have online supermarket shopping where you are?

Yes but I am terrible at being a homebody, I feel really antsy if I am home for too long and have to go somewhere, even if it is just driving to the supermarket. And it is ten minutes in the car. It is just that I cant walk there. I miss living in places where I could walk everywhere.

Okay, so I thought I'd try something new this week, and decided to watch the FOX series The Following. The pilot episode was rebroadcast after a rerun of Bones.

OMG it sucks canal water. Too many dead bodies, unpleasant characters, lame dialogue. The piling up of dead bodies had me hyperventilating at one point.

So much for trying new things. :(

Sorry, Amy. What sort of things do you like to watch? Perhaps someone could suggest something. I recommend Daria, though you have to enjoy watching cartoons. If you like comedies, Miranda is really good- a British series.

Daria can be a little nihilistic though, if you are sensititive. I have to mute her sometimes.

I tried non-dairy milk before this thread happened (with great success). I don't try new things often -- I'm very regimented -- so even once a week is too much for me.

This thread is still a great idea, though.

I was 14 when I tried non-dairy milk. Didn't like it at first, but I loved it after a while.

Sorry, Amy. What sort of things do you like to watch? Perhaps someone could suggest something. I recommend Daria, though you have to enjoy watching cartoons. If you like comedies, Miranda is really good- a British series.

Daria can be a little nihilistic though, if you are sensititive. I have to mute her sometimes.

I should have known better, but it actually had some good reviews and seemed popular with some viewers, so I thought I'd try it. Serves me right.

I much prefer comedies and dramedies and lighter dramas. I love Bones because it has lots of humor and likeable characters and great dialogue.

There are plenty of new shows airing this year and I do plan to check out some of them. I was just disappointed by The Following.

And I do want to try other new things as well.

I think i might try going to the lavatory without taking my trousers down. Or shall i be nice to my neighbours? Or perhaps be nice to my neighbours and then take my trousers down, and possibly get arrested.

I had vegan (avacado) sushi for the first time at a restaurant I never been to.
Also vegan ramen. Was so good. Looking forward to going there again.

You live in vegan heaven when it comes to vegan restaurants. You have so many options!

Today I tried a new brand of hummus. Not only is it cheaper than other brands, but it was really pretty good.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I know I do. :smile:
This wasn't really an all vegan restaurant, but they did have a lot of nice vegan options.
And yesterday we were walking to Chicago Diner, but it was raining really hard, so we stood by this restaurant.. they offered us some free coffee, so I asked if they had soy. Turns out they did, and I decided to ask if they have any vegan food, too. Turns out they had this vegan pasta*.. was really nice. Also had a cheeseless pizza to go.There's so many places I still need to try.
*Sun dried tomatoes are like crack to me