The Tea & Infusion Thread.

Sometimes it seems these flavored teas are more about the aroma than the taste. I would love chocolate peppermint, though. :D
The box recommends adding a little creamer. I added 2 - 3 tbsp of soy milk and 1 tsp sugar and it really does taste good.
I was hoping it would sub for a hot chocolate on blustery afternoons. Not quite but a distant second.

Reactions: PTree15
Funny but I tend to need more sweetener with flavored teas. It’s partly why I don’t drink them. I don’t need something that makes me consume more sugar. I’d rather save the sugar intake for a dessert like cake, cookies or ice cream. 😊

Funny but I tend to need more sweetener with flavored teas. It’s partly why I don’t drink them. I don’t need something that makes me consume more sugar. I’d rather save the sugar intake for a dessert like cake, cookies or ice cream. 😊
I hadn't thought about that. but for me I think I only add sugar to the teas that I add cream too. The Sweet and Spicy from Good Earth I drink straight. I like my chai and my Matcha with cream and sugar (latte style).

I have these little seeds. I don't remember what they are. I put them in a jar when I bought them and didn't keep the package. Anyway you put four or five of them in the tea as is steeps and it makes it sweeter. I hardly use them but I think I will try them with these chocolate flavored teas.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I'm the opposite. I don't like anything in my tea, except maybe lemon in iced tea. 😁

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas and KLS52
You can never tell with taste tests so take this with a grain of salt.
Right now I have Stash Premium Green Tea in my cupboard.
some of these other seem like they are worth trying

1612593552390.png

Clipper infusions and green tea are very tasty. It's the only green tea that I like but tastes more like an infusion as I make it
very weak. I also don't mind drinking tea bags when it comes to green tea.
It also makes an excellent iced tea with a few slices of lime during the hot summer months.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
I think I wrote about this in another thread.
when I was shopping last week I made an impulse buy.
I bought Tazo Chai Latte concentrate. I think this is the same stuff you get at Starbucks.
I did some quick math at the grocery store and it seemed to be economical.
You mix it 1:1 with hot milk. I used some vanilla soy.
I bought two. one decaf, and one skinny.
Its definitely more flavorful than the chai lattes I make at home with just tea bags.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 3
I think I wrote about this in another thread.
when I was shopping last week I made an impulse buy.
I bought Tazo Chai Latte concentrate. I think this is the same stuff you get at Starbucks.
I did some quick math at the grocery store and it seemed to be economical.
You mix it 1:1 with hot milk. I used some vanilla soy.
I bought two. one decaf, and one skinny.
Its definitely more flavorful than the chai lattes I make at home with just tea bags.

It would never occur to me to buy ready made tea. I've never seen it in shops, except for in the US. It also contains honey. :confused:

I was under the impression that Americans serve iced tea from a pitcher with tons of ice cubes to their guests. That is what you see in most of the
1940-60 movies.

It is also entirely possible that iced tea was popularized as a trend started by a single man. This man was Richard Blechynden. The year was 1904, and it was absurdly hot at the World’s Fair. Blechynden was trying to offer people delicious hot tea, and quite literally could not give the stuff away. However, once he chilled it, people flocked to his tent in pursuit of the cold beverage. It is a popular misconception that this was how iced tea was invented, but there are references to it in cookbooks from more than 20 years earlier.

However, when Blechynden started giving away cold tea at the world’s fair, he saw a ripe marketing opportunity. He started giving it away at department stores, as part of a massive marketing campaign. By 1917, tall, heavy bottomed glasses were generally called iced tea glasses, and were ubiquitous in most homes.

I have iced tea almost every day - except in the winter.

I make a pitcher of sun tea. I keep that in the frig. and a glass in the freezer. I don't add anything to it. Not even ice. For a long time its been a mixture of Liptons (because its cheap) and Good Earth Sweet and Spicy. but I've been cutting down on my caffeine and I've been trying a few other mixes. Liptons and decaf S&S. I now have the herbal S&S - that should be good.
I'm thinking maybe the honey bush with turmeric and green tea might be a good mix, too.

I was at a restaurant years ago and they made ice cubes with tea for their iced tea.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
You can never tell with taste tests so take this with a grain of salt.
Right now I have Stash Premium Green Tea in my cupboard.
some of these other seem like they are worth trying

They couldn't stick with comparing green tea to green tea? Throwing in mint, tumeric, spice?! And showing the price of TJ"s bought at amazon :eek:

I used to buy big boxes of Bigelow organic green tea when I belonged to a wholesale club. That was really good!
Yogi had a kombucha green I liked, don't know if it's still around

Side note--Yogi Cold season teas are really nice, esp if you have a scratchy throat or cough

I have a disount store by me that sells a lot of teas at great prices--and they have the GOod earth blends. I'll put that sweet and spicy on my list--as long as it doesn't have stevia or other sweetener! :tired_face:. Honeybush was ok, but I hate stevia, monk fruit or any other natural sugar free thing

Side note--Yogi Cold season teas are really nice, esp if you have a scratchy throat or cough
oh. hmm.
My RD was really big on tea as medicine. She gave me a box of Throat Coat and a box of Smooth Move. and I bought some more.
I just realized that might have been what got me started on this tea habit I have developed.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde

The takeaway.

According to Minich, adding lemon to your green tea can supercharge the drink's antioxidants even further. Of course, green tea has loads of antioxidants on its own, so feel free to sip away, sans lemon. But if you're partial to a bit of citrus—for the taste, perhaps—you should know that the pair also has some science-backed benefits.​

• Love
Reactions: Lou
I really do like chai tea and I saw a really good review for David Rio teas. I wrote to the company and I asked if any of the products are vegan. (The chai mix I bought a few weeks ago contains honey. ) David Rio wrote me right back and said these two products are vegan.
I'm not sure if I'll buy them - they are not like regular chai tea. But here they are.

I tried to find a review of them. I found good reviews for other David Rio products but not these particular ones.

I really do like chai tea and I saw a really good review for David Rio teas. I wrote to the company and I asked if any of the products are vegan. (The chai mix I bought a few weeks ago contains honey. ) David Rio wrote me right back and said these two products are vegan.
I'm not sure if I'll buy them - they are not like regular chai tea. But here they are.

I tried to find a review of them. I found good reviews for other David Rio products but not these particular ones.

Not too sure about mixing tea and coffee together. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: silva and 1956