The Strawberry !

I love strawberries! I have been eating them for weeks now and today got a "buy one get one free" deal so I just now finished cutting some up to make a fruit salad for work tomorrow. Will be strawberries, watermelon, and banana! I love smoothies too! I don't have the patience for fanciful recipes; just EAT them with no prep at all. :D

941121_618010641557643_439535739_n.jpg

I love strawberries! I just made a few of these. :)

They've been on sale here for a few weeks now, so I've been eating tons of them; in yogurt, fruit salads, cereal and muffins. :D

Here you go, Alice...these were done with a mini muffin pan. :)

RascalsMom said:
I'm making cookie cups and a fruit filling to put in them. :)

Cookie cups - you make cookie dough, flip a muffin pan upside down and form the dough around the raised muffin holes. When out of the oven, you have little cups made from cookies.
941121_618010641557643_439535739_n.jpg

Reactions: Calliegirl
Our strawberry season is over. :( February and march are the best for Plant City, Florida strawberries. There is a strawberry festival every year, and I buy half flats from farmers' markets and freeze whatever everyone doesn't would down.. Alas, only California strawberries in the markets now. I want that cookie bowl though!!! :D

I stood at the fridge yesterday and just kept eating strawberrys...just one more..one more...It was amazing.

Close the fridge! You're letting all the cold air out! :mad:

I was at the co-op on Wednesday and they had strawberries, but they didn't look that great, unfortunately. Plus, they were in large boxes and I didn't have enough room in my small fridge for them. I'll have to look elsewhere for nice looking strawberries and then make a little room for them.

I stood at the fridge yesterday and just kept eating strawberrys...just one more..one more...It was amazing.

Haha. I just eat them by the punnet, I don't even bother to pretend I wont. Even in the fridge berries seem to go off so quickly I try to eat them within a couple of days of buying them, so it makes sense to eat them all in one go.

... Plus they're delicious. Strawberries in season make you realise what a poor performance strawberries out of season were giving, I don't even bother eating them unless they're in season now.

Reactions: KLS52
We have a fruit and veggie market down the block and they have buckets of strawberries and ETC, I am thinking about getting me tons in a few weeks. I just had a strawberry daqcuri , I had a mix I had to use up and I used the ice cubes I made a few weeks ago with strawberries a few weeks ago, so I am having a frozen treat this afternoon.

Haha. I just eat them by the punnet, I don't even bother to pretend I wont. Even in the fridge berries seem to go off so quickly I try to eat them within a couple of days of buying them, so it makes sense to eat them all in one go.

... Plus they're delicious. Strawberries in season make you realise what a poor performance strawberries out of season were giving, I don't even bother eating them unless they're in season now.

I had to google this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punnet

A punnet is a small container for the gathering and sale of fruit and vegetables, typically small berries. The word is largely confined to Commonwealth countries and is of uncertain origin, but is thought to be a diminutive of "pun", a British dialect word for pound, from the days in which such containers were used as a unit of measurement.

We Amurricans, we is simple folk. We just call these things "baskets". :p

Reactions: SummerRain