OP
Mr_Gentleman

Mr_Gentleman

Forum Novice
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It's funny, I swear someone in the production of the Jeremy Vine show stalks me or they analyse everything that's said about them... they were only just discussing a test that claimed bullsh*tters are more intelligent & they all agreed because they wanted to look intelligent, but I think it was fake news to trick them because obviously you'd get all answers wrong if you made them up.

OP
OP
Mr_Gentleman

Mr_Gentleman

Forum Novice
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Who remembers when Chris Packham was claiming the world was going to end if people kept eating almonds... he's never mentioned it since.

OP
OP
Mr_Gentleman

Mr_Gentleman

Forum Novice
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I still wish this thread would kick up its feet and die.
Sorry I forgot Americans think its okay to lie about things all the time. I thought this was an American forum to begin with and you didn't want to know about British people but I've just had a look and it seems to be run by people from Oxford? Hopefully its not as crooked as some of the others.

LoreD

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sorry I forgot Americans think its okay to lie about things all the time. I thought this was an American forum to begin with and you didn't want to know about British people but I've just had a look and it seems to be run by people from Oxford? Hopefully its not as crooked as some of the others.

(Shrug)

OP
OP
Mr_Gentleman

Mr_Gentleman

Forum Novice
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So is it true the world's going to end if people keep eating almonds or did he just make it up? Its quite a claim to make. Something about bees and stuff?
The soya milk factory probably paid him to say it.

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
So is it true the world's going to end if people keep eating almonds or did he just make it up? Its quite a claim to make. Something about bees and stuff?
The soya milk factory probably paid him to say it.
End of the world is pretty overblown, but they're certainly adding to bee colony demise. Almonds have been grown as a mono crop, and their sudden rise in demand from all dietary groups is insane.

Are vegans who ignore the impact of food production any better then the ones say are fake? (I only know Natalie Portman and the Dalai Lama and have no issue with either. And when has the Dalai Lama ever said he was vegan?

OP
OP
Mr_Gentleman

Mr_Gentleman

Forum Novice
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
That's your cue to laugh... pigs might fly.
Now this has made me think. Knowing that so many people are unable to be honest and more people are vegans the name will have to be dropped at some point and the just the produce called vegan. Because unwitting friends or relatives claiming their vegan would end up feeding you anything, people would be running charity scams, people claiming their the messiah, unregulated donkey rides, etc. if everyone was a vegan. The meaning would be lost.
Realistically you would have to appeal to the law to pass other moral rights.

OP
OP
Mr_Gentleman

Mr_Gentleman

Forum Novice
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
End of the world is pretty overblown, but they're certainly adding to bee colony demise. Almonds have been grown as a mono crop, and their sudden rise in demand from all dietary groups is insane.
I've never understood bees & pollination when you can grow things in greenhouses but if its going to cause a catastrophe it should obviously be looked into immediately. Apparently California is the largest almond producer in the world. Maybe if your friends ask them nicely they might do something about it... maybe dress up as a giraffe outside and see if the big black eyelashes & long face helps.

• Disagree
Reactions: silva

ameliashawn

Newcomer
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Brad Pitt has been vegan for years before most people even knew even though he's never been shy about hiding his hatred of red meat. He often speaks out about how he hates to see his partners and children consuming animal products

Reactions: Lou