The Good Memories thread

This is kinda mean of me to tell this story and to call it a "good memory".
But... One night I was about to eat buckwheat crackers and as I took a bite, it made a very loud sound somehow and Söpö, who was on the bed (I ate crackers in a bed... I suppose I don't know how to be a grown up) with me jumped down and made the whole "Halloween cat" posture with puffed fur and all.
It's good that she got over her fright quite quickly.

@StrangeOtter I suppose that's a funny memory, rather than a good one... but your cat would probably be mad at me if she knew.

There's a video someplace showing a cat in front of a mirror, arching their back at their own reflection.

I was thinking about my cat last night. She passed away a few years ago. She jumped on the lap of a repairman that was at my house. She was chewing his beard! He didn't mind as he said he liked cats. Luckily. :lol:

My family's cat Peasant used to groom my head/hair sometimes. More recently, cats I've lived with have groomed my beard and hair, usually by licking but sometimes with their teeth, like they often do with their own fur. I suppose that gives me "cat head" instead of "hat head".

My family's cat Peasant used to groom my head/hair sometimes. More recently, cats I've lived with have groomed my beard and hair, usually by licking but sometimes with their teeth, like they often do with their own fur. I suppose that gives me "cat head" instead of "hat head".
Fifty (RIP) used to groom my ex's hair all the time. He started doing it as a kitten sitting on his shoulders. I have a picture. It was so cute!

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Tom L.
Stella does the hair grooming thing and tries to use her teeth. She’s definitely a “licker” especially my hands. I give her about 3-4 licks then I have to stop her lol. It’s annoying.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and shyvas
I've been thinking a lot about my cats Peasant and Fluffy/Ambrose lately. Back in late July, after work, I went to the spot in the park where I found Peasant so long ago and wished her a happy birthday. Then I continued on a mile or so away to where we lived years after that, and thought about Ambrose and the critters I knew back then.

Last night I was spending time with my friends and one of them brought their dog along. At one point really late at night, the dog became tired and was like "let's go home, I wanna sleep! What are you humans doing?"
That reminded me of how Söpö would sometimes get confused if I stayed up late at night. She would come real close to me, look at me squinting her tired eyes and then go to the bed kind of like saying "come on already. I wanna sleep, don't you also?"
Such of an cute and good little cat. Damn, I miss her.

Last night I was spending time with my friends and one of them brought their dog along. At one point really late at night, the dog became tired and was like "let's go home, I wanna sleep! What are you humans doing?"
That reminded me of how Söpö would sometimes get confused if I stayed up late at night. She would come real close to me, look at me squinting her tired eyes and then go to the bed kind of like saying "come on already. I wanna sleep, don't you also?"
Such of an cute and good little cat. Damn, I miss her.
My Joon does that too. 🥰 She’s so funny. She will even do it during the day…whine and cry and follow me around. MY first thought is always that she wants more food but I find that if I go and sit down, either on the bed or on the couch, she jumps up, curls up and goes to sleep. Apparently she needs me there for nap time too, lol. I don’t mind especially when I need a nap too.

My Joon does that too. 🥰 She’s so funny. She will even do it during the day…whine and cry and follow me around. MY first thought is always that she wants more food but I find that if I go and sit down, either on the bed or on the couch, she jumps up, curls up and goes to sleep. Apparently she needs me there for nap time too, lol. I don’t mind especially when I need a nap too.
You're her Emotional Support human. :hug: