The Give Us Short People Some Love Thread

My partner likes to put things were he can reach them, but I have to climb on a chair. It is quite annoying. He said it is so he can help and feel useful.

Reactions: Freesia
I'm 6'3". Many years went by, before I ever met someone taller than me, a guy who was about 6'5". Frankly, it scared hell out of me.

The disadvantages can cut both ways. When you're tall, furniture- ALL furniture- is too small. When you sit, your knees stick up in the air. Shower heads are hung too low, so you have to bend way down to rinse the shampoo from your hair. Most beds are too short, so your feet hang off the end. When you walk into a store, you get smacked in the forehead with little advertisements they've hung from the ceiling. (There should be a law against that.)

On the plus side, you do get a good view of the parade!

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject... This thread has been an education. I love short people!

Last edited:
I can't reach the back part of top shelf of my wardrobe. All those unloved clothes, unworn because most of the time I cba to get a chair from downstairs to stand on.

Reactions: Amy SF and ledboots
I'm 6'3". Many years went by, before I ever met someone taller than me, a guy who was about 6'5". Frankly, it scared hell out of me.

The disadvantages can cut both ways. When you're tall, furniture- ALL furniture- is too small. When you sit, your knees stick up in the air. Shower heads are hung too low, so you have to bend way down to rinse the shampoo from your hair. Most beds are too short, so your feet hang off the end. When you walk into a store, you get smacked in the forehead with little advertisements they've hung from the ceiling. (There should be a law against that.)

On the plus side, you do get a good view of the parade!

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject... This thread has been an education. I love short people!

I gave you an upvote for that last paragraph. :cool:

Reactions: Capstan
Wilt Chamberlain was 7'1.

Let me explain.

About 20 years ago I worked at a hospital that was the official hospital of the Los Angeles Lakers when the Lakers still played in Inglewood. Wilt Chamberlain played for the Lakers. The hospital was big into Sports Medicine and frequently had famous athletes visiting for promotional events, besides taking care of them medically. One day I was at the salad bar in the cafeteria and in walked Wilt to get lunch. He stood on the other side of the salad bar and I craned my neck up to get a look at him. The height difference was so big I came up to just his belly button. (I didn't say anything to him because employees were discouraged from interacting with famous patients and visitors if we weren't part of their care team.)

So you tall guys ain't tall until you can play for the NBA and I come up to your belly button. :p

I'm about 6" and my wife is maybe 5"1, so every time I drive the car after her I have to adjust the seat from "highest position, front" to "lowest position, back" :)

She is a bit miffed now that our sons (11&12) are more or less exactly her height ....

How did I miss this thread? I'm 5'1 . My best friend is 5'6", which isn't super tall, but she is all legs and therefore looks TALL. She prefers to buy slacks for tall women just to get enough length in the leg. She's also naturally thin. Sometimes I hate her.

Most people don't realize I'm as short as I am because I'm evenly proportioned.

My best buddy recently turned 51, is 6'1" & thin as a friggin' rail.... and I've never seen a single person eat so damn much. :wtf: It's unreal. LOL

That's like my husband! I call him the anaconda (though he is vegan lol) because he can go a long time without eating, and then can eat a ton of food!!
As you know, I've mentioned I do quite a bit of big-batch cooking. I can make, what seems to me, to be a massive amount of food.... "Oh, awesome, I'll have frozen meals for weeks!" I've been keeping my buddy fed (nutritiously) during some rough times & what would be weeks of food for me ends up being a couple days worth for him. I can't keep up!! LMAO

Reactions: ledboots
I'm technically 5'5.75" but I just say I am 5'5.5". I really hate being a half size lol. I am one of those who has VERY long legs and a very short waist, and finding pants that fit right is nearly impossible. Squats are a challenge too. I like being middle of the road though as far as height.