The Give Us Short People Some Love Thread

I'm the same height as you Amy [emoji14]

& yes, definitely experience all of those things.

Reactions: Amy SF
I'm 5'6 and I feel short compared to a lot of people. It seems like everyone else is tall.

Reactions: Freesia
I'm 6foot, and sometimes I meet someone taller than me(well I don't meet many people), and it is reallt strange...it feels like they are towering over me....it's quite nice in a way.

eta: I hope it is all right to post in this thread.

Reactions: Freesia
Just under 5 ft 5 in. (5 ft 4 3/4 in) and everyone says I'm tall...everyone that is shorter than me, that is.

Same here. We have a couple of women in our office who are pushing 6 feet.

Whenever I walk past a group of schoolgirls I feel short as most of them seem to tower above me.:D

I wonder what height you have to be to feel tall, maybe around 5'7 or 5'8 for a woman.

I'm 6foot, and sometimes I meet someone taller than me(well I don't meet many people), and it is reallt strange...it feels like they are towering over me....it's quite nice in a way.

eta: I hope it is all right to post in this thread.

Sorry, hun, but U IZ TALL.

Short is usually defined as 5'5" or less.

I'm 5'2", down from 5'4" from when I was in middle school. It's unclear when in my life I started shrinking, but I had always believed that I was 5'4" until my mid to late 20's. I got measured, told I was 5'2", and now I've felt like my whole life was a lie. You know what though? I like being short.

Reactions: KLS52 and Freesia
I am 5 "3. Whether I feel short or tall depends who I am with. I used to have a group of friends where I was the shortest. But my mother calls me "tall" as she is 5"1, she seems to think being 5"3 is a very big height, and it is well below average height.

It all depends on population as well. At my high school I was considered short as there were lots of polynesian girls and they were all quite tall...

But even most of the white girls were taller than me too...

NZ has a lot more Asian people now than it used to so now I dont feel as small walking around the place as I used to. Heaps of women are my height.

Re the too long pants thing. I have that problem with things with long sleeves.

But with pants, the jeans stores here have their own alteration service which you can get done on purchase. Also the malls here have alteration shops so I have got maxi skirts taken up.

Long sleeves are always too long on me because of my short arms. I've worn shirts with three-quarter length sleeves that were almost just the right length to be long sleeves on me. I've worn shirts that are a little too big in the neck and shoulders because of my narrow shoulders. It seems that the people who design clothes for petites have no clue what our body shapes really are. The clothing might fit okay in some areas of my body but not in other areas. I've tried on pants that are the right length but too big or small in the waist, and there's no size option halfway between either.

I'm 5'4, so don't complain ladies! :p

But number 13 doesn't fit. My little legs is like drumsticks, and taller people have problem keeping the pace. :p

Reactions: Mischief