Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

What is the reasoning for your opinion?
I'll take that one.

It is up to us to protect the children from vaccinations that have been proven over and over and over again to be dangerous, deadly and unproven.
By now everyone knows that covid is no worse than the flu. no reason to be concerned.
Not only that, the vast majority of vaccines we subjugate children to are for diseases that are so rare no one gets them anymore. For example measles, mumps rubella, the flu, tetanus, hepatitis A, B, and whopping cough.
Thank god that the scientists finally decided that vaccines for polio, and smallpox were too dangerous to administer.

😜

One of my buddies (IRL) had an idea. Not sure if he came up with it himself of maybe read it somewhere.

But the big vaccine companies should hire a law firm (or a dozen) and sue the companies and individuals who slander the vaccine. Like what that voting machine company did. that seemed pretty effective.

And before our resident libertarian starts off complaining about free speech. Slander is not covered. Besides its not the government bringing the lawsuits but private companies.

IMHO this is such a good idea, I wonder why its not already being done. Maybe I should start a petition.

At work today, we were told that corporate is lifting the mask requirement for employees starting on Monday. This is rather ironic as the cases in Florida are skyrocketing. Of course, it is your choice if you want to continue to wear a mask but you won't have to. I actually think this is a good plan. The workers in the back room who are not close to anyone while working will now be able to take off the masks. I will be happy to not wear a mask when I am in the cash office all by myself. And when doing stocking and markdowns before the store opens, I don't think they are needed. However, I think if I am a cashier I will wear one.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
One of my buddies (IRL) had an idea. Not sure if he came up with it himself of maybe read it somewhere.

But the big vaccine companies should hire a law firm (or a dozen) and sue the companies and individuals who slander the vaccine. Like what that voting machine company did. that seemed pretty effective.

And before our resident libertarian starts off complaining about free speech. Slander is not covered. Besides its not the government bringing the lawsuits but private companies.

IMHO this is such a good idea, I wonder why its not already being done. Maybe I should start a petition.

Rename the J&J vaccine "The Freedom Shot" and call it a day.

Vaccine mandates are spreading as fast as _______
A. Wildfire
B. The flu
C. Trump’s lies
D. All of the above

A. Wildfire
B. The flu
C. Trump’s lies
D. All of the above
I hadn't heard a single case of the flu last year! :laughing:
I know many people who will continue to wear masks during cold and flu season, regardless of covid-myself included!:up:

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I hadn't heard a single case of the flu last year! :laughing:
I know many people who will continue to wear masks during cold and flu season, regardless of covid-myself included!:up:
Good point.
Revised.

A. Wildfire
B. The flu Delta Variant
C. Trump’s lies
D. All of the above

They're to young to consent, I don't have a problem with a mature adult deciding to get vaccinated, but no one should get vaccinated without consent.
Wait! What!
You make it sound like statutory rape. Its medicine. Do kids consent to go to the Doctor? the Dentist?
Heck, most of them don't even want to go to school.

Reactions: Emma JC
Wait! What!
You make it sound like statutory rape. Its medicine. Do kids consent to go to the Doctor? the Dentist?
Heck, most of them don't even want to go to school.
This is a lot different than just taking medicine, being vaccinated alters a person for the remainder of their current incarnation, what if they grow up to be anti-vax?

This is a lot different than just taking medicine, being vaccinated alters a person for the remainder of their current incarnation, what if they grow up to be anti-vax?
...or....what if their parents don't vaccinate them, and they suffer the long term consequences of covid (or other disease that have vaccines) and ruin, or even kil, their "current incarnation"?

Few adults would make the same decisions they'd make as youths

Your argument could be made about pretty much everything.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
TJX corp took back the no mask requirement and now we have to continue wearing them. We were also informed someone had tested positive in the store. The North end Walmart closed down for 2 days for "deep cleaning" due to high covid cases in the area. Someone on the city FB page said that 12 employees had tested positive.

Today I learned from the Rachel Maddow show that in 1901 the city of Boston had a Small Pox outbreak and Mandated a vaccine. Doctors went door to door. If you didn't want to to get the vaccine you paid a $5 fine.
One guy didn't want the vaccine and didn't pay the fine and appealed it to the Supreme Court.
Here is how the court ruled. Italics are mine

Justice John Marshall Harlan delivered the decision for a 7–2 majority that the Massachusetts law did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment.[2] The Court held that "in every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand" and that "[r]eal liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."[2]

^ Wow. do you think she kisses her mother with that mouth.

I like how she says, "scanning, slacking, and sh1+faced smirks", with the biggest grin on her face.

• Haha
Reactions: Blues
To those opposed to covid mandates, whether the mask or vaccine- @anarchist100
If you live in an apartment and you get a new neighbor you soon find is creating a hoard. You soon begin to find the smells of garbage are wafting into the hallways,then you start smelling it in your own home. You confront them and they tell you to worry about yourself and leave them alone.You're clean, you do everything you can to prevent bugs but now you find bedbugs and cockroaches. Your neighbor declares they have a right to how they live, and you can get an exterminator or whatever you want to do.
Where I live at least, this neighbor would be subject to an inspection by city officials and given a time frame to get there housing cleaned and the infestation addressed or risk being evicted

Do you believe this is a violation of their rights?
How is this different than the unvaccinated causing the resurgance of covid and the rise in mutations that otherwise would be stopped if everyone were vaccinated? Is it far to those who have complied and received the vaccine to have to deal with the threat of covid variants and the consequences?

Florida governor Ron DeSantis, 3/2/2021:

"There are not a whole lot of Floridians who are itching to move from Florida to lockdown states, but there are thousands and thousands of people who are seeking to leave the lockdowns behind for the greener pastures in Florida.

We have long been known as the Sunshine State – but, given the unprecedented lockdowns we have witnessed in other states, I think the Florida sun now serves as a beacon of light to those who yearn for freedom."

Link: Governor Ron DeSantis’ State of the State Address

Florida daily new cases, updated 8/1/2021:

1627876403036.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Emma JC