Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I think I read Vitamin C is meant to help too, I forgot to buy that. I do take a multivitamin but I might get a higher dose of Vitamin C too. I wish you could get a vegan version of the soluble Vitamin C. I've never seen one... I'm off to look.

SD does a chewable one that doesn't contain gelatine. I buy their multi vitamin/mineral ones and get 3 for 2.

I didn't find any on Amazon so I just bought high dose Vitamin C tablets .

Yes, I am getting outside in daylight for an hour now winter is coming. I'm quite at remembering taking Vitamin D as I take it weekly at the same time I take my chewable B12 tablets. We all sound like vitamin obsessed hypochondriacs on here.:laughing:

Today they upped our capacity to 150 since stupid DeSantis decided to open up Florida. I don't know if this is 100% or not though. I know people are going to stop wearing masks and there has been a lot of discussion on my Next Door group and DeLand Community FB page. There are so many people who just don't get it!

• Angry
Reactions: Freesia and Emma JC
Beta Glucans is great for any infection... but also elderberry syrup is supposed to be good.
I bought elderberry syrup awhile back on the recommendation of my daughter. I do not take it regularly though. I think I’m a little skeptical.

ETA I think it was supposed to be good for inflammation as well as an immunity booster.

Reactions: Freesia
ive seen it at the pharmacy. syrup and lozenges, looks like it could taste nice too, i like the fact that you can use winter as an excuse to eat hard candy often...

Reactions: KLS52
ive seen it at the pharmacy. syrup and lozenges, looks like it could taste nice too, i like the fact that you can use winter as an excuse to eat hard candy often...
The syrup is definitely yummy lol.

• Agree
I hate to admit this, but my front teeth have been chipped for some time and the price for veneers my dentist quoted was crazy! I think it has a lot to do with why I don't mind the masks! It's not a huge thing, but I feel like they make me look older. I should get second ops on that

My teeth aren’t great either. I just chipped my front tooth but it’s so tiny it’s really not noticeable. It’s a chip that keeps happening. I get it repaired which is super simple, don’t even need Novocain. It lasts a year or two then chips again.

• Friendly
Well, they are just little lozenges. Theyre not hard-hard like gobstoppers, a bit sticky though.

Reactions: KLS52
I got a message yesterday about downloading the government test and trace app. I haven't done it yet, I probably will later.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
today I am going back over the inventory list that I made in February/March for food and necessary items and topping it up again - today our province hit 700 new cases which is the highest number since all this began (mind you we are testing at a much higher rate also) - this is with masks mandatory, even within our highrise building common areas, and all the other handwashing social distancing etc - schools did reopen and that is not going well, bars and restaurants are going to have to limit themselves again.... I do not wish to stand in long lines once grocery stores reduce their limits also so I am going to get it done over the next day or so - fresh items like potatoes onions garlic I will buy some and hope to be able to update those over the next while - I have stayed on top of most staples and still have quite a bit from the first go around - also buying some more vitamins NAC, Genestra Scorbatate, B12 and D

"they" are saying that we may peak again for this second wave mid to late October, so fingers crossed that is true...

Emma JC

Maybe stock up on vital wheat gluten? Nooch?
I've got yeast :rofl:
I read an article about the possible recession making things like new appliances very costly. I'm again thinking about a new fridge :fp:

Reactions: Freesia and Emma JC
Maybe stock up on vital wheat gluten? Nooch?
I've got yeast :rofl:
I read an article about the possible recession making things like new appliances very costly. I'm again thinking about a new fridge :fp:

bought a huge bag of nooch today!!! a must have!

Emma JC

Thats a great idea.. we had the sudden lockdown and i wished i had known about it sooner, was chaotic ... i only had a few hours notice..

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Some very sad news today as over 1 million people have died of coronavirus. Sadly, the UK is in the 5 th place with regards
to the highest death rates but well below the US that has by far the largest number.

More than a million people around the world have now died in the coronavirus pandemic.
The data from Johns Hopkins University, which has been tracking the outbreak, also shows more than 33 million COVID-19 cases have been reported.

Coronavirus deaths: More than one million have now died worldwide