Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Do you guys feel like it’s safe to eat take out from a restaurant?

Yes. Ideally you should give it a few secs in the microwave when you get it home. Just be careful not to touch with wrappings much. Unwrap, move the food to a clean surface (use tongs or just dump the food from the wrapper), dispose of the wrap and wash your hands.

Yes. Ideally you should give it a few secs in the microwave when you get it home. Just be careful not to touch with wrappings much. Unwrap, move the food to a clean surface (use tongs or just dump the food from the wrapper), dispose of the wrap and wash your hands.
Awesome. I can do that.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Worth reading

What an essay. Can't believe i've read all of it. Well written, btw. Very disturbing, because things that are said about the U.S., can be related to any country, especially big countries, e.g. Russia. Similar problems had been discussed at Putin's meeting with ministers and cities' mayors before he outspoke his solemn speech this evening.

Reactions: Mischief
Worth reading

I vote for this outcome...

One could also envisage a future in which America learns a different lesson. A communal spirit, ironically born through social distancing, causes people to turn outward, to neighbors both foreign and domestic. The election of November 2020 becomes a repudiation of “America first” politics. The nation pivots, as it did after World War II, from isolationism to international cooperation. Buoyed by steady investments and an influx of the brightest minds, the health-care workforce surges. Gen C kids write school essays about growing up to be epidemiologists. Public health becomes the centerpiece of foreign policy. The U.S. leads a new global partnership focused on solving challenges like pandemics and climate change.

Emma JC

I vote for this outcome...

One could also envisage a future in which America learns a different lesson. A communal spirit, ironically born through social distancing, causes people to turn outward, to neighbors both foreign and domestic. The election of November 2020 becomes a repudiation of “America first” politics. The nation pivots, as it did after World War II, from isolationism to international cooperation. Buoyed by steady investments and an influx of the brightest minds, the health-care workforce surges. Gen C kids write school essays about growing up to be epidemiologists. Public health becomes the centerpiece of foreign policy. The U.S. leads a new global partnership focused on solving challenges like pandemics and climate change.

Emma JC
Plus, that would be very cool, if our countries (U.S. and R.F.) stopped this prolongued, never-ending cold war, that affects average citizens. :sigh:

Yes, because CV has a special affinity for wraps and boxes but avoids foodstuffs like the plague. Oh wait...bad choice of words, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TofuRobot
so that happened...

banging a pot and clapping has arrived in my neighbourhood – so cool – was cooking dinner and a racket started up outside a steady bang bang bang and as we live in a highrise, directly across from another highrise the reverberations were very loud

At 7 pm everyone bangs or claps in support of the people working hard out there, medical, grocery clerks etc.

It was very cool although most of us didn’t know what was happening or why – tomorrow night we will be prepared!

feeling a bit emotional as it was very nice

Emma JC

A much bigger crowd outside tonight - most people clapping, some older folks dancing and a wonderful spirit!

Most of the people in our highrises are seniors and so they are very isolated. Thankfully most are couples.

Lots of waving to each other and cheering. :clap:

Emma JC

Blin, here we go.:hmm: I'm weird. I mentioned today's Putin's speech a few times, but i didn't tell what it was about. Though it's pretty clear what the theme was, i guess. It was a plan of how to save everybody and how to save economics (in a nutshell, how to survive). He sounds like a very good leader in this current situation. But the famous "Russian spirit" may do a bad favor to the nation. Therefore, he said again about AVOS' (he had been telling about it earlier),- that the iconic Russian Avos' won't work this time. Like i once mentioned on VV,- Avos' is a state of mind, when a person has a steady belief that nothing bad will happen to him, even if he violates all thinkable and unthinkable laws of nature and laws of society, and that he can get away with any sh*t he does, because he thinks smth. like "bad things happen, but not to me", etc...
Putin said that the next week will be "non-working" (sorry, can't translate properly). That is equal to a mild quarantine. Because he said it's BETTER to stay at home (it relates to all people this time,- not only to vulnerable categories, like it was 2 days before). He also said that non-essential services will be shut down.:bag: Only essential services will be working (such as pharmacy shops, medical facilities, grocery shops, banks, public transportation, police and authorities). He declared this regime only until Apr.5th,- but then what? Experts say that the highest rate of contamination in Russia is only approaching slowly. I.e., we need to be prepared for the worst. :hide:
His speech was long, about 18 minutes long, but everyone is worried more about the quarantine part, of course (though the years of recession, that will follow the epidemy, will be more tough than the quarantine itself).
I realized that, due to the late hour at which his announcement was released, not many people could hear it today. So perhaps, tomorrow there will be a "Hell on wheels" in grocery shops snd pharmacy shops.
I realized that due to the non-working week, i'll save some money that were supposed to be spent on transportation. I'll spend them on a couple boxes of my painkillers (if i find any), and on a couple boxes of Calcium citrate (IF it exists in our town). I regretted that i hadn't ordered it in "Muscle" shop (from the U.S.), but what can i do... I'll try and find something else... I'm also afraid that my meds can be sold out. So i'll try and wake up earlier, call all possible pharmacies, devour a few kiwis with red beans, take my "magic potion", take a quick shower (i'm dumb - i take a shower for 40 min. minimum), and either go on foot to Bonny-clabber district, or take a bus.
P.S. I noticed that Putin (and earlier the mayor of Moscow Sergey Sobyanin) are deliberately avoiding the word "quarantine", because they know, that having heard this word from an official source (especially from the president), Russians will go totally amok, and we will get an opposite result.🥴

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
This evening, it became clear that 2 patients died of covid in Moscow (like it was said, they had been diagnosed with covid)... One of them was 88y.o., the other one was 73. They both had severe pneumonia. And again(!), it's being claimed that the reason of their deaths wasn't covid,- but that it was some hypothetical pneumonia, which had appeared from nowhere and killed them "just because". Of course, death cases spoil statistics...

We should all just stop eating as nearly every foodstuff, including any packaging has all come into contact with another person at some point.

One MIGHT be safe if they chemically treated all their produce. Maybe.

Isn't the CV crazy wonderful? Do you like being so paranoid and fearful that it hinders your ability to think straight?

The saying used to go "hugs, not drugs"....

but not anymore. Now it will be "drugs, not hugs", because that cure it all vaccine will be available soon - you know, the one that probably has mercury, animal bits, other poisons in it that many will scramble to mix into their blood....just so they can touch an apple.

This evening, it became clear that 2 patients died of covid in Moscow (like it was said, they had been diagnosed with covid)... One of them was 88y.o., the other one was 73. They both had severe pneumonia. And again(!), it's being claimed that the reason of their deaths wasn't covid,- but that it was some hypothetical pneumonia, which had appeared from nowhere and killed them "just because". Of course, death cases spoil statistics...

Eh, you are probably not aware of this, but one of the most frequent symptoms of the so called covid-19 infection is a dry cough. This remains true today, as it was initially. Pneumonia is characterized by fluid in the lungs resulting in a wet cough.

People should really go back a few pages and watch the video I linked by Dana Ashlie. It's informative on various levels.

Eh, you are probably not aware of this, but one of the most frequent symptoms of the so called covid-19 infection is a dry cough. This remains true today, as it was initially. Pneumonia is characterized by fluid in the lungs resulting in a wet cough.

People should really go back a few pages and watch the video I linked by Dana Ashlie. It's informative on various levels.
I've been aware of it since the very first info about the virus appeared. Anyway, this morning, it was confirmed that those 2 patients died of complications of covid, but earlier they both had a long-term pneumonia, and some-other chronic diseases. Their immune systems had been compromised before they got contaminated, and covid killed them easily.

Worth reading

I agree, it's worth reading because of what it reveals (from the article):

“No matter what, a virus [like SARS-CoV-2] was going to test the resilience of even the most well-equipped health systems,” says Nahid Bhadelia, an infectious-diseases physician at the Boston University School of Medicine. More transmissible and fatal than seasonal influenza, the new coronavirus is also stealthier, spreading from one host to another for several days before triggering obvious symptoms. To contain such a pathogen, nations must develop a test and use it to identify infected people,(1)isolate them, and trace those they’ve had contact with. That is what South Korea, Singapore, and Hong Kong did to tremendous effect. It is what the United States did not.

As my colleagues Alexis Madrigal and Robinson Meyer have reported, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention developed and distributed a faulty test in February(2). Independent labs created alternatives, but were mired in bureaucracy from the FDA. In a crucial month when the American caseload shot into the tens of thousands, only hundreds of people were tested. That a biomedical powerhouse like the U.S. should so thoroughly fail to create a very simple diagnostic test was, quite literally, unimaginable(3). “I’m not aware of any simulations that I or others have run where we [considered] a failure of testing,” says Alexandra Phelan of Georgetown University, who works on legal and policy issues related to infectious diseases.

1) Why not use the test China used? Did they even have a definitive test before reporting so many infections back through Dec 2019 and through the early part of Feb 2020? Does it not seem strange to anyone that so many cases are developing but a definitive test has yet to be developed? Doesn't that indicate that reported diagnosis and cause of death is being concluded on either guesswork or something close to guesswork?

2) By late February there were some 80,000 cases in China alone - and if those numbers are to be believed by virtue of a definitive test, why would the CDC muck around and then deliver a faulty test in February? Maybe because there is, and has never been, a definitive test? Just a shaky diagnosis on flu like symptoms?

3) It's not unimaginable if Covid-19 is being identified on flu-like symptoms rather than on something more conclusive.

But what am I talking about. People get the flu vaccine every year because curing the flu is ever elusive, said to be mutating and such and therefore requiring yearly vaccinations for those who believe in it as an infectious disease. Finding a once and for all *cure* wouldn't be financially viable or profitable for drug companies.

This is no different in that respect. Just a lot more media attention and hype likely because the lockdowns are hiding something else.