Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

She gets drunk and wants to punch her husband....
Yeah, I guess we all have a different sense of humor. I particularly liked the “I want to smash my husband’s face” and I can relate. Considering the circumstances of sheltering in place, I don’t think it’s that unusual for tensions to run high when you’re in a confined space. Plus, I think it’s supposed to be a parody...I can’t imagine she really feels that way. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Yeah, I guess we all have a different sense of humor. I particularly liked the “I want to smash my husband’s face” and I can relate. Considering the circumstances of sheltering in place, I don’t think it’s that unusual for tensions to run high when you’re in a confined space. Plus, I think it’s supposed to be a parody...I can’t imagine she really feels that way. :)
Yes...I think everyone else has a sense of humor, except myself...Or I have very faint sense of humor that only appears when I'm extremely tired.
I'm sorry, if I came across as condemning. We all have the right to have a different sense of humor, you are absolutely right.
"I don’t think it’s that unusual for tensions to run high when you’re in a confined space."
I think I understand. It's almost the same as in when pigs in their filthy and stress-inducing captivity hurt each others... When otherwise, in freedom, they wouldn't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...I think everyone else has a sense of humor, except myself...Or I have very faint sense of humor that only appears when I'm extremely tired.
I'm sorry, if I came across as condemning. We all have the right to have a different sense of humor, you are absolutely right.
"I don’t think it’s that unusual for tensions to run high when you’re in a confined space."
I think I understand. It's almost the same as in when pigs in their filthy and stress-inducing captivity hurt each others... When otherwise, in freedom, they wouldn't do that.
No you didn’t. No offense taken. 😊

o_O
Hey Lou

Maybe I am twisted but that raised a laugh for me. Over here in UK we call it having a dark sense of humour; or if you can't laugh at a tough situation you would otherwise be crying or tearing your hair out! Just a way of coping with traumatic situations. I have worked in the NHS where this sort of humour is rife. I recall on one occasion being given resus training refresher course, whether the tune of 'Staying alive' by the Bee Gee's was still used to measure the beats for chest compressions. Quick as a flash the nurse replied 'We use 'Another one bite's the dust' by Queen! Gah, I think I prefer the old one....

o_O
Hey Lou

Maybe I am twisted but that raised a laugh for me. Over here in UK we call it having a dark sense of humour; or if you can't laugh at a tough situation you would otherwise be crying or tearing your hair out! Just a way of coping with traumatic situations. I have worked in the NHS where this sort of humour is rife. I recall on one occasion being given resus training refresher course, whether the tune of 'Staying alive' by the Bee Gee's was still used to measure the beats for chest compressions. Quick as a flash the nurse replied 'We use 'Another one bite's the dust' by Queen! Gah, I think I prefer the old one....

So very true. :D It's one thing that the Brits do well is to make fun of everything including the most dire scenarios.

I was actually wondering what Monty Python's take on Covid 19 would be ?
Ha!

Makes me think of the sketch by some of those members about Class. Basil Fawlty looking down on middle class 'I look down on you and the working class because I am an aristocat'.

To be replaced with 'I look down on you because I can afford a private jet to escape to my private yacht', then the middle class one saying 'I look up to you because you can afford to do that, whilst I sit here in my middle class suburb ordering grocery deliveries from (insert posh supermarket here) and look down on the working class because you have to do front line low paid work' and the working class one being 'I know my place...still'. :D

Ha!

Makes me think of the sketch by some of those members about Class. Basil Fawlty looking down on middle class 'I look down on you and the working class because I am an aristocat'.

To be replaced with 'I look down on you because I can afford a private jet to escape to my private yacht', then the middle class one saying 'I look up to you because you can afford to do that, whilst I sit here in my middle class suburb ordering grocery deliveries from (insert posh supermarket here) and look down on the working class because you have to do front line low paid work' and the working class one being 'I know my place...still'. :D

Hey, this and Monty Python's videos are the first time that I've had a laugh today.