Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Nope, not at all. I even went on to the airport, and I'll be going again in April.
I have a cough, so I get teased about having it. I've had this cough for years.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Nope, not at all. I even went on to the airport, and I'll be going again in April.
I have a cough, so I get teased about having it. I've had this cough for years.
Sounds like you have slight COPD (i have it either). Have you tried to treat it, as if it really was COPD?

If I do, that really sucks. I don't smoke on a regular basis (weed *very* rarely), but my mom smokes like a chimney. I'm around second hand smoke every day. There are days where I don't have a cough at all, but then there are days where I can feel the mucus building up and I have to cough a lot.

I'm frankly pretty terrified. E is over 60 and has a compromised immune system due to non-Hodgkins lymphoma and daughter Kelly has a serious lung disease called lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). I'm trying to live life normally, but it's always in the back of my mind that they're potentially so vulnerable.

Tom Hanks snd his wife may have Coronavirus.
“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus <https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ni...20-kids-choice-awards-coronavirus-1203531487/>, and were found to be positive.
Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?
We’ll keep the world posted and updated.

Take care of yourselves!”

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
I read the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention's updates and recommendations daily, and I follow those recommendations.

The popular media tend to dramatize the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I work at a Health Department and we get updates daily directly from the state. No one is panicking yet so I’m good. We have no confirmed cases in our county but are monitoring 30 suspected. So far so good.

I keep forgetting I don’t live there anymore lol, as we just sold our house. I am currently only 8 miles away from an area that has the most cases in New York. They have quarantined a one mile radius area and have brought in the National guard to help take care of the needs of the people in that area.

I’m still not freaking out. I needed to go to the grocery store which brought me even closer to the quarantined area. It was a little weird being around people, some had masks on even though we’re being told masks will not protect against the virus. I never gave it a second thought before. I had my wipes with me and used them well.

This is all very bizarre to me.

I have to teach myself now how not to rub my face with my hands constantly. Being a neurotic type, i tend to touch the face even more than it's considered a standard for a human being. But i'm also very dubious and worrywart, which makes my fears of being in a crowd or public places really exagerrated. Now i never miss a chance to wash hands more and more, IF there is a chance. I carry my sanitizers and antibacterial wet wipes in my bag as i have always done, but i caught myself on the overuse of them.🤪
P.S. I feel so bad for Tom Hanks and his wife.:sigh:

I have to teach myself now how not to rub my face with my hands constantly. Being a neurotic type, i tend to touch the face even more than it's considered a standard for a human being. But i'm also very dubious and worrywart, which makes my fears of being in a crowd or public places really exagerrated. Now i never miss a chance to wash hands more and more, IF there is a chance. I carry my sanitizers and antibacterial wet wipes in my bag as i have always done, but i caught myself on the overuse of them.🤪
P.S. I feel so bad for Tom Hanks and his wife.:sigh:
I touch my face constantly! I’m only now finally being more aware and I’m able to stop myself half of the time. 🤦‍♀️

Have just received the message that in my kids' school, a family member of one student was tested positive for Covid-19 :mask:
The student is quarantined, and they will keep us advised...

Update: All schools in the country will close down on Monday. Likely our school is not the only one with confirmed cases.

Last edited:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control now recommend that people avoid all non-essential travel, including plane trips.

Reactions: KLS52