Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

A joke:
IMG_20200520_121400.jpg
"Sensation! Fresh horse manure will stop covid! Just dip your hands into fresh horse manure before going outside. It guarantees that:
1. You won't be touching your face.
2. No one will shake hands with you.
3. No one will come closer than 2 meters.
4. You'll wash your hands thoroughly before lunch."

I was just watching a YT video by a UK guy and he was saying about what life would be like after this. He was saying do you want to go back to the life you had and were you happy in your life before the pandemic? It's something I have been thinking about a lot, there is a lot about my life that I want to change. He was saying it is an opportunity for personal growth.

I was just watching a YT video by a UK guy and he was saying about what life would be like after this. He was saying do you want to go back to the life you had and were you happy in your life before the pandemic? It's something I have been thinking about a lot, there is a lot about my life that I want to change. He was saying it is an opportunity for personal growth.

Exactly. I think a lot of us are going through that right now.

At the same time, I'm tired of that line being pushed on us as part of an attempt to sugar-coat things. I've been seeing a lot of that in the US. "This is a great time to get in shape! Spend time with family!" All of that. I don't like the positivity because we're in the midst of a tragedy in which almost 100,000 people have died, and mostly due to the choices of a government whose incompetence lies beyond the red vs blue divide and is instead just horrific.

But yes, it is a good time for personal growth. And we all can grow, no matter where we are in life.

It is changing society. It is changing people's perspectives. Some are growing wiser. I also see that human life is being devalued. NYC just lost 20,000 people and people are still going about their lives, not taking social distancing that seriously. What's going on there? All kinds of things, but there is clearly an element of callousness towards human suffering.

I'm definitely enjoying having some solitude, and a break from everything. I'm definitely re-evaluating and considering changing a few things.

Hi everyone. re lockdown, my experience has been different from others as it has largely involved being locked in with people and i havent had a lot of alone time, especially not the first 4 weeks, but the last 4 even though i have had some alone time it hasnt really helped, i keep atracting attacks on me including a nasty one yesterday, 2 women came to mythread yestetday on FB and attacked me over some offence i didnt evne know about, i explained i wasnt from the same country As them and the stuff they were accusing me of, i couldnt possibl have known about but they ignored me and continued trashing me, it was such a ridiculous reach...

Also other bad stuff has happened too. if anything right now i am realising i am tired of being bullied and targeted by others. i need a big break from humans in general, i am exhausted...

Re level 2, i havent been out much. i have had bad experiences with people invading my privacy in the past, and many shops and locations are using open paper books to record the names and addresses of visitors, also now a contact tracing app has been launched and people are being asked to use it to scan themselves into shops. i am just not a tech person, i have an old cellphone which i forget to even charge often, so none of this is something i like. So i will stay away from public spaces for i guess another month or 2.

Haha, internet is swarming with rusophobic humanoids. All i see is "Access denied". I wonder, what's so secret in there? :lol:

I am sorry you couldn't see the article Val. It is about another store closing down due to bankruptcy because of Covid-19.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val and Freesia
Wow Freesia. Sorry you are dealing with all of that. Sounds crazy. ☹

Thank you... yes al has been getting a bit much lately. i feel i have to pull back with so,ething in my life, perhaps trim off some responsibilities or obligations, or do something to change things, i just am not sure what..

I just volunteered at a soup kitchen for a few hours. The supervisor there talked about how many people she knew who had died during the past two months. She said she personally knew 58 people who died in the Bronx, plus others in our area.

Now I'm back at home, getting ready to walk the dog. It was good to get out, do something for my community, and meet new people. I feel really at home here. And yet I'm concerned for my city.

I just volunteered at a soup kitchen for a few hours. The supervisor there talked about how many people she knew who had died during the past two months. She said she personally knew 58 people who died in the Bronx, plus others in our area.

Now I'm back at home, getting ready to walk the dog. It was good to get out, do something for my community, and meet new people. I feel really at home here. And yet I'm concerned for my city.

A good opportunity for working to help the city is as a contact tracer. My sister just started her training here in California.

Initially I read this as New Yorkers would not be allowed and it made me laugh. But I think it just means no buses and no marketing to out of state...only Connecticut and Rhode Island.

• Informative
Reactions: Freesia and Val
I saw you can buy an antibody test at a high street store here. I don't know how effective it is and it was sold out when I checked anyway. It costs £70