Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My mother bought a machine just before the lockdown , i could try to use it, but i am the worlds worst sewing person, Honestly you would not want go wear anything i made... though i can do some basic hand stitching.

Last edited:
So, first day of level 2 today. i wasnt sure how different it would be, but there were definitely heaps more cars on the road today. It was like everyone decided to get out at once....i had only a supermarket, and country food store trip to make, when i pulled into the supermarket i saw it was surprisingly full.

When i entered the building, i soon saw why. There was a post office there, with a huge queue snaking from it. It hasnt been open in 7 weeks, so there was quite a backlog...

Then went past a hairdressers, one where people can go in or take their kids and get a cheap haircut. Also a queue for that... poor people, adult and child, all lined up desperate for the help the hairdresser would provide.

Was a good feeling though, to see things opening again

Havent been into a retail shop yet myself. Might wait until next week, when things have settled down a bit. Also they said contact tracing in each store, the idea makes me a little nervous TBH .

Why did you mention methylcobalamin? (I take it either, even at the moment).
I looked into the MTHFR mutation and while it seems there are different variations, what I got was that they can't convert cyanocobalimin to be used. Methylcobalimin is the more bioavailable form, and cyano is synthetic. Cyano is more stable, so the amount listed is what you get, but needs to be converted to be absorbed.,This mutation lacks the ability to use synthetic forms of B12 as well as Folic acid

WHat I didn't get was if taking the synthetic forms is actually bad> I looked into this wondering about my son, so I got the vitamins I linked. They didn't change anything. Anyway, asking my doctor about this was totatlly dismissed. I'm really getting to distrust doctors in general

I looked into the MTHFR mutation and while it seems there are different variations, what I got was that they can't convert cyanocobalimin to be used. Methylcobalimin is the more bioavailable form, and cyano is synthetic. Cyano is more stable, so the amount listed is what you get, but needs to be converted to be absorbed.,This mutation lacks the ability to use synthetic forms of B12 as well as Folic acid

WHat I didn't get was if taking the synthetic forms is actually bad> I looked into this wondering about my son, so I got the vitamins I linked. They didn't change anything. Anyway, asking my doctor about this was totatlly dismissed. I'm really getting to distrust doctors in general
Ah, i got your point. I also had done a small "research" before i started taking methylcobalamin. I HAD to find the way, because cyanocobalamin wasn't helping me at all, my general B12 blood levels used to drop drastically and i used to end up in hospital. But then i learned about 3 forms of B12, and decided: "What if i don't have this ferment that converts cyanocobalamin into something more suitable? Maybe that's why cyanocobalamin isn't helping me?" So i read a bunch of articles explaining the difference, listened to Michael Klaper's recital about it, found methylcobalamin in that "Muscle" sports nutrition shop, and boom! It helped! My bloodwork showed the best result that i've ever had (later, it showed even better, maximal level, but not too high). Now i'm taking methylcobalamin 1500 mcg in capsules, though it's better to consume it in tablets, because it penetrates right into bloodstream while you're dissolving it in the mouth, but i didn't find any in tablets (i was lucky to buy the jars with capsules, as it was the last day before the quarantine,- and i haven't been to the city since then). I couldn't buy Calcium Citrate there though, and i regret (somedays i'll have to order a delivery). :sigh:

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia and Emma JC
Methylcobalimin...this wasn’t mentioned to me, only the folate. I wonder if my particular mutation doesn’t warrant it?

I was very lucky with my GP. She always listened to my crazy theories and was never dismissive. It was rare that she didn’t humor me and I trusted her so if she was adamant that something wasn’t necessary I was ok with it. I’m worried about finding a new doctor now.

I’m researching vets first for the kitties. I found one that is very appealing but somewhat pricey. But I’m continuing the pet insurance for now to see if I can afford to keep it. I’m going to really try and keep that in the budget. So I may go with them. The one my daughter will be using for the new puppy just didn’t sit right with me. I’m used to my previous vet and they were exceptional. This will be another tough go for me.

I also take C and D. I was taking magnesium for awhile on suggestion of my cardiologist but I started having weird symptoms so I stopped. I think I do better without it. I wonder if I’m getting enough vitamins and minerals through diet and don’t really need to supplement. I usually feel weird when I try to supplement with anything other than the C, D and B’s (nutritional yeast).

I also take C and D. I was taking magnesium for awhile on suggestion of my cardiologist but I started having weird symptoms so I stopped. I think I do better without it. I wonder if I’m getting enough vitamins and minerals through diet and don’t really need to supplement. I usually feel weird when I try to supplement with anything other than the C, D and B’s (nutritional yeast).
I'm worried about of my levels of everything either.:fsm: Sometimes i get really paranoid. 🤦‍♀️ As soon as i didn't buy Calcium Citrate, i have to take "Calcium Carbonate +D3" vitamins. I get paranoid because i've been deficient of different nutrients in my life and it sucked. The only thing i'm afraid to supplement my blocky carcass with, is Biotine (though i have a tendency of leak of Biotine). I devour red beans in enormous quantities, and that's the only thing that helps. I wanted to buy a Biotine supplement once (i found a very good one, from California), but then i found a research which said that cancer cells accumulate biotine from surrounding tissues and eat it! So it appears to be that excessive biotine is kind of food for cancer cells! It looks like the rule "Everything in moderation" works in this case. I'd better struggle to get my daily intake of biotine than get tumors because of my greed...

I take a ridiculous amount of supplements! Vit C and D, a vegan multivitamin, lysine and flaxseed oil. I've started taking folic acid (as my GP said I had a deficiency) and now milk thistle as well. I also take CBD oil at night and will start 1 mg melatonin as it finally got delivered.

I take a ridiculous amount of supplements! Vit C and D, a vegan multivitamin, lysine and flaxseed oil. I've started taking folic acid (as my GP said I had a deficiency) and now milk thistle as well. I also take CBD oil at night and will start 1 mg melatonin as it finally got delivered.
I take milk thistle too! (as sometimes, my liver can misbehave a little). I have capsules consisting of artichoke and milk thistle, but i'm trying to be frugal, so i take milk thistle grist periodically (granted, once i bought a few foxes for mom). I noticed that these capsules help, and even grist helps me.
I started taking melatonin (3 mg) in December, because i was afraid that Gabapentin wouldn't help me that much (within that period when Pragabalin was forbidden), but i didn't like it (3 mg of melatonin). I was feeling like a zombie after that: 3 mg is too much, i know, but there are no tablets with lower doze here. So i quit taking it and gave the rest to mom.

^ I found 3 mg of melatonin too much as well.

I'm watching the whole of the lunchtime news for the first time in a while as I had been trying to consume the minimum of news as I was finding it too depressing being shut indoors so much. It's nice to see New Zealand getting back to normal, people queuing up to get haircuts at midnight.

Methylcobalimin...this wasn’t mentioned to me, only the folate. I wonder if my particular mutation doesn’t warrant it?

I was very lucky with my GP. She always listened to my crazy theories and was never dismissive. It was rare that she didn’t humor me and I trusted her so if she was adamant that something wasn’t necessary I was ok with it. I’m worried about finding a new doctor now.

I’m researching vets first for the kitties. I found one that is very appealing but somewhat pricey. But I’m continuing the pet insurance for now to see if I can afford to keep it. I’m going to really try and keep that in the budget. So I may go with them. The one my daughter will be using for the new puppy just didn’t sit right with me. I’m used to my previous vet and they were exceptional. This will be another tough go for me.
I didn't understand all the differences when I read about it, but did you see the link I used for Jarrow methyl b12 &methyl folate tabs? I bought them once to see if it mattered to my son, then found he wasn't taking them.
I have yet to find a doctor worthy of nutrition/supplement discussions.

I always list anything that I'm taking, and they always dismiss the b12 or d or algae dha,. None have wanted to write an order for a b12 test, or another D.
I said I was taking NAC and had to listen to the "authority" tell me that it's prescribed for some overdoses, and be sure to tell a doctor if prescribed medication--but I don't need it anyway.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
^ I found 3 mg of melatonin too much as well.

I'm watching the whole of the lunchtime news for the first time in a while as I had been trying to consume the minimum of news as I was finding it too depressing being shut indoors so much. It's nice to see New Zealand getting back to normal, people queuing up to get haircuts at midnight.

Thank you. Yes i didnt realy understand why to queue at midnight for it.. maybe they were really in need. i guess they anticipated the rush.... im definitey going to wait until the novelty of it all wears off...

On a lighter note: the orchestra of Mariinsky theatre (SPb) has recorded a humouristic recital online. The most famous piece from suite "Time, forward!" by Russian composer Georgy Sviridov. The dude that appears at the beginning and says a few words, is Valery Gergiev, its director and the main conductor. He said that they'd chosen "Time, forward", because they all want time to pass by, and that it becomes possible to get back to work (Mariinsky theatre is closed since Mar.18th). In this funny video, they are filming themselves in a relaxed home atmosphere, but closer to the end, they're dressing up. [Pay attention at the horn player,- that's hilarious🤣].

Something disturbing is happening in my hometown. Look a these pics (they are not mine,- someone uploaded them this night to VK social network). This is Kolpino, Lenin's avenue, Dumsky bridge over one of Izhora arms. This "island" has grown under the bridge because no one is cleaning the river due to the shortage of work force and multiple furloughs during the quarantine. But i'm afraid that the river may get ebbed again, like it happened 8 yrs ago, when they partly closed the dam, because they are idiots. It was close to an ecological catastrophe then, but they opened the dam, and the river refilled again. This👇 "island" is a very bad sign. So, while some natural resources are resurrecting,- our town may get back to the state of oozy swamp, because that's what it used to be before big civilization came to its banks. The river was bigger, and the land was very uncomfortable to live on (only a few Finn-Ugric tribes lived here). During soviet era, people have buried many Izhora arms, having damaged the eco-system, and now nature will take the revenge. And oozy swamp means malaria. Humanoids will extinct for their disrespect to nature and destroying the delta (the latest act of violence towards nature is the construction of Defence bridge, which has destroyed an entire unique eco-system on/around "Big Izhorsky pond").🥺
IMG_20200516_122035.jpg

IMG_20200516_121849.jpg

IMG_20200516_121801.jpg

IMG_20200516_121930.jpg

Last edited:
Sad news has come this morning: a famous doctor died in SPb. He was a head of department of radiation diagnostics in 31st city hospital. He was 71 y.o. Somedays, he was a pioneer in radiation diagnostics in Russia. He saved a lot of lives, but he couldn't save his own: that hospital had been re-profiled into a hospital for covid patients, so he got contaminated and died of complications of covid. :cthulhu: :sniff:

The majority of public transport in London is going back to normal on Monday. I'm going to avoid it for some time as luckily I don't have to commute to work!
Our state is going to start opening up on Wednesday. I'm not ready for it, so I think I will continue on with only going out for essential grocery shopping. The rate of new cases hasn't really dropped, though hospitalizations have. Our public transportation has been running on a reduced schedule but only because people stopped taking it. When I see a bus on my walk there may be two or three people on it, probably those who have no other way to get anywhere.

My county meets the first three requirements
Are cases flat/decreasing?​
Are hospitalizations flat/decreasing?​
Is COVID-19 hospital capacity less than 50%?​

But we have made little progress in testing, contact tracing, and PPE supplies.

So we are moving into phase 2 (of 4) of reopening. Phase 2 doesn't look that much different. More stores are going to have curbside delivery. Car washes are open. Gardeners are back in business. Some parks are open but have limitations. Some workers can go back to work.

its nice to see the beginning of the end.

I have thought a lot about going back to see live music and I wonder if things will ever get back to "normal" again.

The last three concerts I went to before lockdown I didn't really enjoy as well which is annoying! :unamused: