Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

The UK is in a lockdown. People are not allowed to go out in groups and hang around.

I think that they are irresponsable and because of the behaviour of many others, there may be more restrictions.

Two people hanging out by themselves on a beach. How is that irresponsible.

Still don't see the problem.

Perhaps you are not aware of what's going on in some European countries. People are dying, seriously ill and many health workers are also dying. 80 doctors in Italy have died and that is only in one region.

People are asked to stay indoors and unless they do so, the more will become ill. Over here we have already had 8000 deaths and the UK is roughly a week behind.

I think that those people should have been fined.

Reactions: Emma JC
I must say, all the essential workplaces are still taking too long to get serious.
Mine was all talk--like our meetings were told to distance, then everyone would go off and form their own groups to discuss what was just disussed. Production was using the slower time to train people, and of course that was working next to each other, we have a new test program that the IT guy had to go around to everyone to train.'
I wasn't affected thank goodness, but I certainly sent my suggestions to HR--and the "covid team" 🙄
Now they're doing a bit better-but then we also are down more people, whatever that means :argh:
I guess I don't see going to grocery stores any more or less compromising.
I guess the beach thing was more an example for others

I had an idea while I was at the Dollar General this morning where I finally got some toilet paper and paper towels. I bought a box of the cheap sandwich baggies and can use them on my hands for gloves! Way cheaper than actual gloves!

We haven't been able to get hand soap or disenfectant for weeks. I haven't managed to find disenfectant but I have been buying shower gel and that is good for hand soap...

I bought White Rain shower gel for hand soap some time ago, but we all found it drying. Now I do have a back up at least!

It's good to have that... The one I have is softening, I bought it especially for purpose, doesn't have oils either... Some had coconut or Shea oil which is nice in the shower but for hands wouldn't be cleaning enough...

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I bought six bars of hand/body soap because the liquid soap is hard to get. I did manage to get a bottle of dish soap. I didn’t think of shower gel...what a good idea.

I can't get bar soap at all in the supermarket, all types of soaps gone.. But when I went to the organic shop they had many soaps for some reason people hadn't thought to go there, they even had liquid hand soap...

I can't get bar soap at all in the supermarket, all types of soaps gone.. But when I went to the organic shop they had many soaps for some reason people hadn't thought to go there, they even had liquid hand soap...
And it’s probably more expensive being organic...