Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

@shyvas how frustrating! It does seem that travel is one way to catch it. When my daughter went to Italy last October, she and her two travel mates caught it despite all being fully vaccinated.

I still think the problem is that people aren't diligent with testing. They catch what they assume to be, the common cold. Or they will test the first day of symptoms and if it's negative, they don't bother to test again. It can take up to three days sometimes to test positive. So people are walking around with Covid spreading it to everyone else.
Agree on the testing. And some people refuse to test if they have symptoms because they don't want their travel plans ruined.

I'm off to Minneapolis on Sunday for the Tool concert, and I will be masking up on the plane and at the concert. I know my friends won't be happy about my wearing a mask at the show, but I have three other Tool shows coming up in mid-November, and I don't want to miss any of them. :D

I've not had time to get the new COVID shot because I have to allow for feeling crappy for a day or so, lol. So I'm hoping the mask will help me avoid it. I'll have a window to get it when I get back from Minneapolis, and that should help with those upcoming shows.

@shyvas how frustrating! It does seem that travel is one way to catch it. When my daughter went to Italy last October, she and her two travel mates caught it despite all being fully vaccinated.

I still think the problem is that people aren't diligent with testing. They catch what they assume to be, the common cold. Or they will test the first day of symptoms and if it's negative, they don't bother to test again. It can take up to three days sometimes to test positive. So people are walking around with Covid spreading it to everyone else.
I'm no epidemiologist... but I wonder if, when you travel, you're exposed to different strains of the virus that your immune system isn't up-to-date on?

@shyvas I'm sorry you had another bout with that virus. I'm glad you're feeling better now!

ETA: @PTree15 Here's hoping you give COVID a miss and catch your Tool shows!

Agree on the testing. And some people refuse to test if they have symptoms because they don't want their travel plans ruined.

I'm off to Minneapolis on Sunday for the Tool concert, and I will be masking up on the plane and at the concert. I know my friends won't be happy about my wearing a mask at the show, but I have three other Tool shows coming up in mid-November, and I don't want to miss any of them. :D

I've not had time to get the new COVID shot because I have to allow for feeling crappy for a day or so, lol. So I'm hoping the mask will help me avoid it. I'll have a window to get it when I get back from Minneapolis, and that should help with those upcoming shows.
....and don't test because a positive test means at least a week from work, requiring either your personal time, or unpaid time if no pto.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I'm no epidemiologist... but I wonder if, when you travel, you're exposed to different strains of the virus that your immune system isn't up-to-date on?
that's a very good/reasonable take on it.

Granddaughter isn't feeling well...day two of sore throat but so far Covid negative. We're going there for thanksgiving. I'm going to be so mad if she ends up with Covid. She is the only one in her family that hasn't had it! 🤞🙏

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Granddaughter isn't feeling well...day two of sore throat but so far Covid negative. We're going there for thanksgiving. I'm going to be so mad if she ends up with Covid. She is the only one in her family that hasn't had it! 🤞🙏
Oh, no! I hope it's just a cold. Fingers crossed for her!

So, the COVID bug got me. I think I got it at my concert on Friday night. Tested positive this morning after coming down with a fever, body aches and chills out of nowhere last night. Today I'm all stuffy. Throat is dry but not sore. And the body aches and chills have subsided. I still have a fever, but it's lower than last night. I can still taste things despite my stuffy nose. And I have a minor headache, nothing awful in that regard. I had not gotten the latest vaccine. I kept trying to find time where I could devote a day or two to being ill from the side effects and kept putting it off. Oh, well. <sigh>

So, the COVID bug got me. I think I got it at my concert on Friday night. Tested positive this morning after coming down with a fever, body aches and chills out of nowhere last night. Today I'm all stuffy. Throat is dry but not sore. And the body aches and chills have subsided. I still have a fever, but it's lower than last night. I can still taste things despite my stuffy nose. And I have a minor headache, nothing awful in that regard. I had not gotten the latest vaccine. I kept trying to find time where I could devote a day or two to being ill from the side effects and kept putting it off. Oh, well. <sigh>
Oh no!!!! So sorry! Is this your first time?

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
@PTree15 :rose:

So many people are getting sick--they just say like really really bad colds,, but aren't testing so....🙄
I did get the latest vaccine,, I think my fourth.
Debating about the RSV. My doctor does recommend it for me

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52

so sorry and sending you healing thoughts....

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
@PTree15 :rose:

So many people are getting sick--they just say like really really bad colds,, but aren't testing so....🙄
I did get the latest vaccine,, I think my fourth.
Debating about the RSV. My doctor does recommend it for me
my doctor does not recommend the RSV. He says it's a really good idea for school age children. They get sick and then their parents send them to school and then more kids get sick. .
but he doesn't think its necessary for adults.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
my doctor does not recommend the RSV. He says it's a really good idea for school age children. They get sick and then their parents send them to school and then more kids get sick. .
but he doesn't think its necessary for adults.
Mine suggested it for me because of asthma. I'm so undecided! I'm never around kids.
After reading this from the AMA I think I'll wait-

Really need to get back to eating more veggies!

Thanks so much, guys! I am feeling much better today.
@KLS52 Yes, this was the first time for me.
@silva This felt like a really nasty head cold once the body aches and chills subsided, and I had some nausea as well. There is so much illness going around.

Weirdly, my friend I stayed with in Jersey for the concert did not get it (which is great because she has enough health issues). She says it's' the third time she's been exposed to it, but she has never gotten it. I was thankful for that.

Thanks so much, guys! I am feeling much better today.
@KLS52 Yes, this was the first time for me.
@silva This felt like a really nasty head cold once the body aches and chills subsided, and I had some nausea as well. There is so much illness going around.

Weirdly, my friend I stayed with in Jersey for the concert did not get it (which is great because she has enough health issues). She says it's' the third time she's been exposed to it, but she has never gotten it. I was thankful for that.

Pleased that you are on the mend.:smitten: Covid symptoms may vary from person to person plus the strains are also different. I caught it twice and the symptoms were so very different.
With regards to your friend, some people catch it and have no symptoms at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom L. and Emma JC
Pleased that you are on the mend.:smitten: Covid symptoms may vary from person to person plus the strains are also different. I caught it twice and the symptoms were so very different.
With regards to your friend, some people catch it and have no symptoms at all.
Thank you, shyvas! Yes, she has tested twice and both times were negative. :)