Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I just walked past the community room in my retirement building, and they were sitting at tables playing Christmas Party Bingo. About 30 of them sitting up close and personal. No masks.

I was notified that my sister, nephew, and granddaughter all have RSV.

It isn't just Covid anymore.

Last edited:
my doctor does not recommend the RSV. He says it's a really good idea for school age children. They get sick and then their parents send them to school and then more kids get sick. .
but he doesn't think its necessary for adults.

My sister -71, my nephew -37, and my granddaughter -23 all have RSV. Apparently, they all got together and infected each other.

It might have been my granddaughter. She works in a school with young children.

They all said it is pretty awful. It has been almost a month, and they are just managing to feel better.

My sister -71, my nephew -37, and my granddaughter -23 all have RSV. Apparently, they all got together and infected each other.

It might have been my granddaughter. She works in a school with young children.

They all said it is pretty awful. It has been almost a month, and they are just managing to feel better.
Yikes...sounds bad. Hope they all feel better soon.

I've been struggling with whether or not to get the rsv vaccine. So far I'm fine with getting the flu and Covid vaccines. And while I am pro vaccine I hesitate to add another to the list. I've yet to get the pneumonia or shingles vaccine. My doctor keeps pushing for them.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Yikes...sounds bad. Hope they all feel better soon.

I've been struggling with whether or not to get the rsv vaccine. So far I'm fine with getting the flu and Covid vaccines. And while I am pro vaccine I hesitate to add another to the list. I've yet to get the pneumonia or shingles vaccine. My doctor keeps pushing for them.
i hear you on the shingles and RSV vaccines. I've yet to get those, either. I haven't gotten the latest COVID shot, either. I did get the flu shot. One of my parents' doctors was like, if you're around kids a lot, maybe get the RSV, but the doc wasn't pushing it.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
i hear you on the shingles and RSV vaccines. I've yet to get those, either. I haven't gotten the latest COVID shot, either. I did get the flu shot. One of my parents' doctors was like, if you're around kids a lot, maybe get the RSV, but the doc wasn't pushing it.
Well at least you have some natural immunity to Covid now. I'm not sure what the wait period is for getting the vaccine after you've had Covid. I think my neighbor waited three months.

Well at least you have some natural immunity to Covid now. I'm not sure what the wait period is for getting the vaccine after you've had Covid. I think my neighbor waited three months.
I have read three months as well. But apparently the newest variant, JN.1, is immune-resistant. I've read conflicting reports about whether the latest shot will offer any protection against JN.1. I'm not sure which variant I had, so it's hard to know. JN.1 supposedly showed up in September.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I''ve had pnuemonia vaccine. Back in the summer of 2000 I had it and ended up hospitalized. Moved in quickly!
I also got shingles. I've never heard downsides of either vaccine. Got the 4th covid booster too.
RSV I'm a bit more hesitant.
People at work are getting all kinds of bad respiratory ills. One in the hospital for pnuemonia :worried:

I got the shingles vaccine. A woman where I worked 10 years ago got shingles, and urged everyone to get it. She got these lesions on her face and body that burned like fire.

Another young man who seemed to have a compromised immune system because he seemed to get everything, got shingles. He was 35.

I haven't had the flu or pneumonia vaccines because I never had an issue with it.

As far as RSV, it seems like you can get from someone who is around children.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I got the shingles vaccine. A woman where I worked 10 years ago got shingles, and urged everyone to get it. She got these lesions on her face and body that burned like fire.

Another young man who seemed to have a compromised immune system because he seemed to get everything, got shingles. He was 35.

I haven't had the flu or pneumonia vaccines because I never had an issue with it.

As far as RSV, it seems like you can get from someone who is around children.
My friend got the shingles vaccine and was warned about all sorts of side effects, but she got the two-dose regimen and had nothing but a sore arm. My mom had shingles quite a few years ago, and yes, it was very unpleasant. I may get that vaccine at some point.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
If I do get the shingles vaccine it will be the two dose one.
My husband had it in 2018 and it was a very mild case. But he also went on the antiviral just as the rash was coming out. For two or three days he kept asking me if there was something on his back because he felt like something was there, but every time I looked, there was nothing. Turned out that day three or four I spotted the rash and suspected shingles so he was put on the meds right away. Not sure if that's why he had no issue with the illness. I think that's why I keep hesitating… I feel like if I get it it won't be bad lol. Foolish, I know.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I'd have never believed I'd have pnuemonia like I did. I was only 30, and it was summer! and...It was a time when I was eating wfpb and getting a lot of outdoor
I first went to doctor and got antibiotics, within a couple days had to go to ER and admitted

I'd have never believed I'd have pnuemonia like I did. I was only 30, and it was summer! and...It was a time when I was eating wfpb and getting a lot of outdoor
I first went to doctor and got antibiotics, within a couple days had to go to ER and admitted
Yep. I went to work in the morning feeling fine, and it came on very sneakily. I became very very cold, a co worker gave me her scarf and it felt like nothing, I felt like ice inside, but that was all. Went home and to bed, just crazy tired, then the cough came on, and a really high fever. I didn't know anyone else that I could have caught it from.
Yep, I got that vaccine as soon as possible! Very scary. Had IV fluids and antibiotics in hospital

Ugh, Day 11, and I'm still positive, though the line was so faint that I almost missed it. So, I'm getting there, lol. I guess I will have to stay home for Christmas. I was hoping to be done with it by now. I do feel a ton better, though, which is good. And my appetite is back.

I would normally have had Brussels sprouts for my xmas dinner, but I don't like them anymore after having Covid! They taste very bitter to me now.

I got ill for three weeks in November (which felt like Covid to me) and then again for two weeks in December, but it wasn't Covid either time according to the tests. Just winter colds/flu even though I had a flu jab.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
So much respiratory sickness. I'm trying to resolve to not go out without a mask, not sure about work. I circled a parking lot twice before leaving cause i didn't have one.
Lots of sadness this xmas

• Friendly
I think that means I only caught Covid once this year then, back in January. The guy who was decorating our house who came here from London had Covid and I caught it from him. My husband hasn't had it at all as he got ill in December like me, but not in November. The illness I had this month seemed like a normal cold as I didn't get a fever or anything.

I can't remember if I said this but my hygienist caught Covid and she ended up with double pneumonia and pleurisy! She is much younger than me. I would say early 30's, but she had it very badly.

• Wow