Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

we just did test this morning for the first time ever as my honey has had a headache, when he coughs, for the past two days and he never gets headaches - mine didn't work properly as I somehow lost the test liquid and his showed negative - that sticking something up your nose really sucks...

so I am not sure if it is a slight head cold or what as he doesn't have any other symptoms - I am going to test him for fever as his forehead feels a bit warm/sweaty

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I have been noticing quite a few of the elderly are masking up again. I was in the supermarket yesterday and saw some people masked and wiping down their carts.

I usually go in very early, or near closing. I don't go near anyone, and use the self-checkouts.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I have been noticing quite a few of the elderly are masking up again. I was in the supermarket yesterday and saw some people masked and wiping down their carts.

I usually go in very early, or near closing. I don't go near anyone, and use the self-checkouts.

I am not 'elderly' and I do wear a mask, I am not as concerned about wiping down the cart or groceries. It is good to hear that people are protecting themselves.

My honey didn't have a fever and yet still does have a headache... hopefully it will go away soon.

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I am not 'elderly' and I do wear a mask, I am not as concerned about wiping down the cart or groceries. It is good to hear that people are protecting themselves.

My honey didn't have a fever and yet still does have a headache... hopefully it will go away soon.

Emma JC

It does sound like the latest strain of Covid. I also had a migraine that lasted 3 days (tested positive) and even the pain killers didn`t kick in.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
It does sound like the latest strain of Covid. I also had a migraine that lasted 3 days (tested positive) and even the pain killers didn`t kick in.

thank you for the info - I do hope that is what it was/is even if the tests don't show it

Emma JC

My granddaughter has Covid now. She tested positive on Sunday but thankfully had a super easy go of it. Little bit of a scratchy throat and a headache. She already feels better.

We were hoping she would never get it because the rest of her family has had it and she always escaped it, even living in the same house. I imagine she got it from school or maybe dance. Kids are always going while they are sick.

My granddaughter has Covid now. She tested positive on Sunday but thankfully had a super easy go of it. Little bit of a scratchy throat and a headache. She already feels better.

We were hoping she would never get it because the rest of her family has had it and she always escaped it, even living in the same house. I imagine she got it from school or maybe dance. Kids are always going while they are sick.
Awww, I'm glad she is feeling better. My great-nephew Nolan has had it twice, most likely from school, too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I'm wondering if it was Covid that I had two weeks ago when I had to call the ambulance. I still have a cough and have vertigo on my left side even with all the antibiotics I took. When I saw the GP at the time he was in full PPE so he might have thought it was Covid.

I tried to do an exercise for vertigo that I saw on YT. I remember a GP doing that exercise with me years ago. It feels like it has helped slightly. I saw in the comments some people said they had to do it two or three times so I'm going to do it again later today.

I tried to do an exercise for vertigo that I saw on YT. I remember a GP doing that exercise with me years ago. It feels like it has helped slightly. I saw in the comments some people said they had to do it two or three times so I'm going to do it again later today.
It did work for me and it was suggested to my husband to try it when he got the vertigo in February, but he wasn't inclined to do so. He just suffered through it but I do think the meds they gave him in the hospital helped him.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
It did work for me and it was suggested to my husband to try it when he got the vertigo in February, but he wasn't inclined to do so. He just suffered through it but I do think the meds they gave him in the hospital helped him.
I had forgotten about it, it is called the Epley maneuver. There were other exercises that I tried that didn't work at all, but I had forgotten that one was better. Is that the one you tried and how many times did you have to do it?

I had forgotten about it, it is called the Epley maneuver. There were other exercises that I tried that didn't work at all, but I had forgotten that one was better. Is that the one you tried and how many times did you have to do it?
It was so long ago I don't really remember but I do know I did it more than once.

Reactions: Raven
Well I fronted up to the chemist and got my Covid shot ,the lady there said that the whole structure of the Covid make up has changed and it’s important to keep getting the boosters.

Well I fronted up to the chemist and got my Covid shot ,the lady there said that the whole structure of the Covid make up has changed and it’s important to keep getting the boosters.
I'll be due again next month, assuming it's advised to get it every six months. I don't know if we're supposed to get it only once a year now. I have my yearly physical on Tuesday so I'll see what my doctor says.

Reactions: Blues and PTree15