Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My brother got quite sick from his 3rd Moderna. The side effects didn't last long, but he said it was nasty, fever, sweats & chills, headache, etc. I guess it's different for everyone. I received two Pfizer shots and didn't get much more than a sore arm the next day. I'm curious what side effects will result if I get Moderna for my 3rd. I think that's what they're recommending for me, so we'll see. I will go for mine in January.

I asked around and they say that if you had the J&J you should get a Pfizer of Moderna for the booster. but if you had Pfizer - just get a Pfizer booster. So far they think Pfizer is the best.

I had Pfizer for all three and nothing but a sore arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
Just read an article this morning with the math... even if we assume that Omicron results in a milder illness, some small percent will end up hospitilized and maybe dying. The thing is that it is so much more transmissible even that small percent is going to result in a lot of people in the hospital. And with family get togethers, travel plans, etc, this may get ugly.

• Friendly
Funny…I read if you had Pfizer initially, they recommended getting a Moderna booster but that if you originally had Moderna then stay with Moderna. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My sister in law had the J&J and feels that it triggered a flare up of her plaque psoriasis so she is skipping the booster…for now. Not sure that’s such a good idea. But at least all of us will be boosted by the time we visit her January 2. Except for the grandkids who will just have their initial two doses.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
Funny…I read if you had Pfizer initially, they recommended getting a Moderna booster but that if you originally had Moderna then stay with Moderna. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My sister in law had the J&J and feels that it triggered a flare up of her plaque psoriasis so she is skipping the booster…for now. Not sure that’s such a good idea. But at least all of us will be boosted by the time we visit her January 2. Except for the grandkids who will just have their initial two doses.

I think that comes from a study that said that only tested Moderna as a booster. But I also found some stuff where Moderna appears to be more effective than Pfizer in general.

Reactions: KLS52
I think that comes from a study that said that only tested Moderna as a booster. But I also found some stuff where Moderna appears to be more effective than Pfizer in general.
I've read all three versions. One thing that remains consistent is that the sooner you get the booster the more effective it should be.

• Wow
I've read all three versions. One thing that remains consistent is that the sooner you get the booster the more effective it should be.
I waited too long for mine 😞

I am healthy and fully vaccinated. I do not see a major risk of long term side effects of getting Delta or Omicron. Please tell me if I am wrong. I would appreciated some advice on the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
How long? Seemed like you got it pretty quickly after it became available
I was like 7-8 months

I scheduled my sons 1st shot for him. He agreed to it, now to make he gets there! o_O
It was 8 months. My second was March 13. I think it was available before December? I chose to get the flu shot first. I’m thinking I should have done it the other way around.

Reactions: Emma JC and Hog
I am healthy and fully vaccinated. I do not see a major risk of long term side effects of getting Delta or Omicron. Please tell me if I am wrong. I would appreciated some advice on the situation.
Even fully vaccinated people can catch covid. but most likely you won't get very sick. But you can still spread it.
Did you get the booster.?If not, do so. It decreases your chances of catching omicron and almost eliminates the chance of becoming severely ill.
Also even after the booster it would be a good idea to mask indoors, and stay socially distant outdoors. I also recommend avoiding large gatherings. Like there was that party of 100 people and 70 of them who were vaccinated got sick. but no one got Very sick.

No one really knows the long term side effects*. It hasn't been around long enough. So play it safe. Besides who wants to get sick - even for a day - if it can be easily avoided.

*For instance HPV can cause cancer years later.

Everyone I know has had either no after effects or very minimal compared to the 1st and 2nd shots.
Even my arm soreness was less than before. Tired the next day--but that's not unusual!

It's really hard to find first shots here now!

It`s not the case within my inner circle. Some have been really unwell with their 1st jab of Pfizer and others have had no side effects whatsoever. I was really ill with my 1st jab of AZ. I then took a homeopathic remedy for the following jabs and only had mild symptoms ( lethargy) for both AZ and Pfizer as I had the mix and match jab.
However all of the elderly people that I know had no side effects with either Pfizer or AZ. It would seem that both the jabs and virus are very strange and give different reactions to the population.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52, Hog and Lou
Thank you for the feedback. We were immunized as soon as it was widely available in the United States back in April. I will take care of it this week.

I never thought of the issue of being a spreader even if I am fully vaccinated. I do not want to get some innocent little kid sick. The point about long-term impacts such as HPV was also a great point.

Grandson woke up sick this morning… Cold symptoms, full blown. Home test was negative last night and not sure about this morning. Apparently there’s a line that will show if it’s positive and daughter said there’s a very faint line that you can hardly see. I haven’t done a home test so I don’t really know what she’s talking about. I would think any line that shows up would be a positive. I don’t know if the degree of darkness indicates severity of the infection. So she’s looking to get both kids tested today at a doctor office or clinic.

One of the schools where I previously lived in New York has gone to remote learning for this week. Cases are very high there and also there’s a staffing shortage including bus drivers.

• Friendly
Grandson woke up sick this morning… Cold symptoms, full blown. Home test was negative last night and not sure about this morning. Apparently there’s a line that will show if it’s positive and daughter said there’s a very faint line that you can hardly see. I haven’t done a home test so I don’t really know what she’s talking about. I would think any line that shows up would be a positive. I don’t know if the degree of darkness indicates severity of the infection. So she’s looking to get both kids tested today at a doctor office or clinic.

Lots of home tests don`t give reliable results.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Blues and KLS52