Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

There is more DeSantis drama. Idiot signed an executive order banning mask mandates in schools threatening to with hold funding and school boards are defying him and ordering mask mandates. So he retaliates saying he will take away the school board superintendents salaries! JHC!!

Agreed. Let's allow anyone to drive a car. What harm can be caused by a 4,000 lb. object moving at 65 mph?
It's not the government's place to decide that, they don't own the cars, they didn't make them, what gives them any right to decide who can drive? This is why government is illegitimate, they're just regular people like you and me, so what gives them a higher claim to people's lives and property than the person? How is it any different than a gang that comes in and declares that everything belongs to them?

There is more DeSantis drama. Idiot signed an executive order banning mask mandates in schools threatening to with hold funding and school boards are defying him and ordering mask mandates. So he retaliates saying he will take away the school board superintendents salaries! JHC!!
This is a good example of the shortcomings of our little like icons. If I like your post it can be misconstrued as me liking the news. If I give it a sad face you might take it personally.

There are already at least two law suits against him.

And in a related story, the largest teacher union appears to be Against mandating covid vaccines for teachers. Whose side are they on?

Reactions: KLS52
It's not the government's place to decide that, they don't own the cars, they didn't make them, what gives them any right to decide who can drive? This is why government is illegitimate, they're just regular people like you and me, so what gives them a higher claim to people's lives and property than the person? How is it any different than a gang that comes in and declares that everything belongs to them?
Let's talk again, after one of your friends or family members gets hurt by a drunk driver who believed they had the right to drive.

Someone I know online has just tested positive with a lateral flow test . She is around my age and lives quite close to where I live. She said her symptoms are very mild.

speaking of borders.... ours has now opened to US non-essential travel and the line ups to come across are lengthy - can't say I am happy about it and happy that my town (although very close to the border) is not a tourist mecca like Niagara Falls - I am happy for the businesses that rely on the money but fear that it will just make us close everything down again as the cases are already rising for a 4th wave although not a rapidly or as severely as our southern neighbours - we do have a high vaccination rate and hopefully that will continue to rise

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

...Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) of Florida has proven himself exceptional in a crowded field, taking arguably the most blasé and reckless approach to COVID-19 of any state executive during the latest phase of the pandemic.​

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Ha! Texas Gov Abbott can't let DeSantis get all the good press.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton filed a petition for an appeal against Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, threatening legal action against any local governments that defy the governor’s ban on mask mandates.

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC
Now I'm sad. ☹️

this evening there was a march with picket signs down my block.

I thought, wait, they can't protest without me.

I grabbed my glasses so that I could read the signs.

I didn't think the timing was right for a rally on voter rights or infrastructure. There haven't been any murders recently or accusations of Police brutality. so it seemed like a it couldn't be either of those things.

I live near the county hospital and it was the hospital workers holding the signs. Oh, sure, those guys need better pay. Or maybe it has something to do with the county getting caught up in a big medicare scam.

Nope. the county mandated vaccines and these guys were protesting against it.

So now I'm sad. Hospital workers should know better.

This medical worker's attitude was a bit extreme. I wonder whether she should have simply asked her superiors if she could have been
made exempt of doing this task as she has put many peoples' lives at risk.

An anti-vaxxer nurse in Germany has allegedly injected up to 8,600 people with saline solution instead of a Covid-19 vaccine.

The Red Cross nurse may have given thousands of elderly patients in northern Germany a fake jab in the early Spring, a police investigation found.
Authorities on Tuesday urged thousands of people who received their first jab at a vaccination centre in Friesland - a rural district near the North Sea coast - to get another shot of the Covid-19 vaccine after making the discovery.

Anti-vaxxer German nurse 'injected up to 8,600 with saline solution'