Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I got an invitation from my neighbor and her friend to go to a movie theater. I’m hesitant. I don’t know if I’m comfortable. I would probably wear my mask the whole time but it will be uncomfortable for two hours. I’m not sure it’s worth it. Would any of you go into a movie theater yet?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I got an invitation from my neighbor and her friend to go to a movie theater. I’m hesitant. I don’t know if I’m comfortable. I would probably wear my mask the whole time but it will be uncomfortable for two hours. I’m not sure it’s worth it. Would any of you go into a movie theater yet?

nope...

Some of my family is getting together for a family picnic on August 28th. I declined the invitation as the 4th wave is starting up here and I have no interest in being a spreader or a spreadee of the delta variant. I would love to see them as one of my nieces and her family are here from Africa (they are missionaries) but it is just not worth it, imo.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I'm not going to movie theaters so soon.

I'm in self quarantine for now.

Last Saturday my family had a birthday party at my niece and nephews's house.
On Monday Brian felt ill. He got a covid test and it came out positive. he went back for another one with his wife and it came back positive for both of them. she was "presumptive positive. She is not feeling ill at all He is getting better. Says it felt like a cold.

All the other guests got tested on Friday. Will get the results on Monday. I'm waiting for their results. If they test positive I guess I'll get tested. Meanwhile I stay self quarantined.

The thing that concerns me is last Sunday I visited with some old friends. in their house and without masks. but we stayed 6 feet apart. I called them and warned them but IF I had been exposed on Saturday - I don't think I would be contagious on Sunday.

I'm not either, Lou. I'm no Spring chicken, and despite having both my vaccine shots, I still don't feel entirely safe yet. There seems to be an uptick in new cases here. On top of that, hardly anyone is wearing a mask here anymore. So there's no way I'm going to the movies just yet. I'm really surprised people have let their guards down so much already.

I just declined. I feel guilty lol. They are brand new friends and I don’t want them to get tired of inviting me if I have to keep saying no. I did sit outside two days in a row by my neighbor’s pool. Hopefully that will let them know I’m not against everything. I just don’t want to sit in a theater for two hours.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I just declined. I feel guilty lol. They are brand new friends and I don’t want them to get tired of inviting me if I have to keep saying no. I did sit outside two days in a row by my neighbor’s pool. Hopefully that will let them know I’m not against everything. I just don’t want to sit in a theater for two hours.
Friendships are truly too high maintenance for me!
I'm not going to theatres yet, I would not like wearing a mask through it
My job has a stake in covid testing and encourage us to take advantage of free weekly testing, and I do. I was a bit leery of having it this last week as it seemed like I had a cold

• Friendly
Friendships are truly too high maintenance for me!
I'm not going to theatres yet, I would not like wearing a mask through it
My job has a stake in covid testing and encourage us to take advantage of free weekly testing, and I do. I was a bit leery of having it this last week as it seemed like I had a cold
I’ve been very lucky, the older I get, to have had friends who are very accepting/tolerant. We know each other’s shortcomings/quirks yet still are able to have fun and be there for each other. The best thing is we can be ourselves with no judgment. Unfortunately I left them behind in New York. ☹️

I don’t know how these women are yet. I’m kind of letting them know up front what my issues are. I don’t know if they will eventually think I’m a PIA lol. I’m still feeling my way. I already know there is a difference between us with regard to politics. Luckily they don’t really talk about it but a few comments have been made. And the Trump signs on two of the houses was a clear give away haha. Two are definitely no maskers.

I don’t need to be best friends. But it’s nice to have one or two people to walk with when I don’t feel like walking alone or to sit outside and chat for two hours like I did the last two days. Or going to the beach. I’m good with once or twice a week, something to break up the days.

• Friendly
No, not yet.

• Friendly
My wife and I went to an outdoor concert last Monday (Hall and Oats).

We purchased the tickets back in March because we naively believed that we would reach herd immunity by then, and the virus would be under control. (After all, we live in New England, not Florida).

As it turns out New Hampshire is a little less than 60% fully vaccinated.

In any case, we wore our masks and were able to find seats that gave us some space away from others. It's been 5 full days and no symptoms, so crossing my fingers, we're probably OK.

Make no mistake..the variants are on the shoulders of the unvaccinated. The mutations happened because of them.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I don't go to any concerts, movies etc either yet. I have plans going to a Harry Potter concert in the end of October if it will be held. Hopefully it will be mandatory to be vaccinated to join. But otherwise I will avoid big crowds etc still.

I'm in self quarantine for now.

Last Saturday my family had a birthday party at my niece and nephews's house.
On Monday Brian felt ill. He got a covid test and it came out positive. he went back for another one with his wife and it came back positive for both of them. she was "presumptive positive. She is not feeling ill at all He is getting better. Says it felt like a cold.

All the other guests got tested on Friday. Will get the results on Monday. I'm waiting for their results. If they test positive I guess I'll get tested. Meanwhile I stay self quarantined.

The thing that concerns me is last Sunday I visited with some old friends. in their house and without masks. but we stayed 6 feet apart. I called them and warned them but IF I had been exposed on Saturday - I don't think I would be contagious on Sunday.

So everyone has been tested and its all negative.

I went to an outdoor concert the other day and it seemed really loud to me! :lala:

I have thought that when I've been to restaurants and bars too over the past few months. I'm not used to being around loud noises or that many people after months of lockdowns.