Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

More great news today about Oxford University/Astrazenica. Their vaccine is 70% effective which is by itself very reasonable but goes up to 90% when there is a half dose followed by a full one.

It works in a different manner to those developed by Pfizer and by Moderna (both at 95% effectiveness) and has some advantages over them.

It can be stored at normal refrigerator temperatures while the others need to be in deep-deep freezing and can then be kept for less than a week in the fridge. This means long distance transportation is simpler and cheaper as is storage at immunization centres.

Its production costs are a lot lower.

These advantages will be particularly helpful for third world countries. For example India has been particularly hard hit by Covid and has ordered huge quantities of the new life saver.

You might think that Astrazenica’s share price would have soared today. Not the case. From the start of their collaboration with Oxford University it was agreed that their work would be non-profit making. Nice to see that happening in our usually greedy, greedy world.

Roger.

Some fotball match yesterday, and someone won a gold medal or something... The supporters in that town went to the streets to celebrate, and the police just let them do that. But if you invite one person too many in your own home, you can risk a fine over $2200... "We have to understand that they need to celebrate it". If people are infected because of this, and some people die, I hope that the police officers that didn't do a thing personal have to go home to their relatives, look them in their eyes, shake their hands and say "I'm sorry for your loss, but you need to understand that football is more important than your family's life".

First day hired--and my coworker is out sick o_O. One guy tested positive last week, and at least 10 people they determined were 'exposed' are quarrentining for 6 days pending negative tests. She didn't come in, didn't sound as if she even called, and it was midday she texted me she felt ill, and was told to stay home tomorrow. I so hope I'm not involved.

Cuomo is now urging everyone at high risk for COVID to stay in except for grocery shopping, medical appointments, and anything else essential. By that, he means anyone who is “older,” or has a health condition that puts them at greater risk.

I’ve wrapped up my volunteer work and I’m staying in except for essentials. This is what my winter looks like:

54BEE9C4-4051-4153-A6C1-3CCC1CBC3424.jpeg

9F7B6569-B604-45C5-BCAA-1B8C513E5182.jpeg

The idiot governor of Florida says kids have to go back to the classroom in January. He is totally ignoring covid and will never support mask mandates or shutdowns. I have no choice but to go to work.
My friend lives in Gainesville and she posted some pictures on Facebook of a luncheon get together she had with some friends. There were no masks being worn and no social distancing. I was kind of surprised as I thought she was more careful than that.

My friend lives in Gainesville and she posted some pictures on Facebook of a luncheon get together she had with some friends. There were no masks being worn and no social distancing. I was kind of surprised as I thought she was more careful than that.
Yes its crazy
We are in Illinois and high count cases but our room mate thinks she can do whatever she wants. She goes to church twice a week and they dont mask up i dont think. Twice this week they celebrated her birthday took her out sunday. Then last night they gave her and another person a Birthday party. I am assuming close to 50 people there. She then brought home non vegan foods🤦‍♀️. I asked her nicely to make sure your taking the virus seriously please my husband is heart patient and I have low immunity. She uses our car alot too to stay over at hotel with her boyfriend😳.

Yes its crazy
We are in Illinois and high count cases but our room mate thinks she can do whatever she wants. She goes to church twice a week and they dont mask up i dont think. Twice this week they celebrated her birthday took her out sunday. Then last night they gave her and another person a Birthday party. I am assuming close to 50 people there. She then brought home non vegan foods🤦‍♀️. I asked her nicely to make sure your taking the virus seriously please my husband is heart patient and I have low immunity. She uses our car alot too to stay over at hotel with her boyfriend😳.
What are these roommates doing for you that makes it worth your while to have them? Are you all renting?
If they're not following the guidelines they're definitely putting you both at risk--especially being in your car!!! Why are they using your car?

What are these roommates doing for you that makes it worth your while to have them? Are you all renting?
If they're not following the guidelines they're definitely putting you both at risk--especially being in your car!!! Why are they using your car?
Exactly, they want to help but they never around. She follows guidelines at work and shopping.

• Friendly
Reactions: Urban Gardener
Exactly, they want to help but they never around. She follows guidelines at work and shopping.
What do they do FOR YOU? From your posts they're nothing but rude, inconsiderate bums who walk all over you, and your husband doesn't intervene. Of course they follow guidelines where they HAVE to, but if don't at all times it won't matter.
I'm just curious how much they contribute that you allow yourself to be so used by them?

:hide:
I got quarantined!
My coworker, whose been out all of last and was just sent for a test I believe Tues, tested positive. I'm the only one they flagged to be sent home even though she'd sent some time with other coworkers who were helping in our dept more than I did.
I was told to stay home today and tomorrow, and my supervisor believes I could come in Sat if I'm symptom free. As of now I'm not to be tested :|
Oh brother, I even got to work at 4:30 this morning to make up for staying home yesterday! I either take a nap or start eating🙄

:hide:
I got quarantined!
My coworker, whose been out all of last and was just sent for a test I believe Tues, tested positive. I'm the only one they flagged to be sent home even though she'd sent some time with other coworkers who were helping in our dept more than I did.
I was told to stay home today and tomorrow, and my supervisor believes I could come in Sat if I'm symptom free. As of now I'm not to be tested :|
Oh brother, I even got to work at 4:30 this morning to make up for staying home yesterday! I either take a nap or start eating🙄
Oh no! That stinks!
I don’t understand why it would be OK for you to go in Saturday. I thought it was possible to not come down with symptoms for up to 8 to 10 days after you’ve been exposed.

Oh no! That stinks!
I don’t understand why it would be OK for you to go in Saturday. I thought it was possible to not come down with symptoms for up to 8 to 10 days after you’ve been exposed.
I'd last seen her Nov 20, so tomorrow would be the 14th day. No one understands why they waited so long to have her get tested, I believe she went on this past Mon. We had another worker test positive a few days prior to her getting sick, but they stuck to the new cdc guidelines of like 15 minutes of being within 6 feet, and I think other specifications.
So far I've had no symptoms and I don't need to be tested.How do you know if you're asymptomatic though? :shrug: