Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

In NYC, we're seeing an increase in cases again. Cuomo and de Blasio are vaguely warning about, "new restrictions," and, "like in the spring." It's not entirely clear if we would be sticking to the currently outlined plan or doing something different.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
NYC just got more restrictions. They limited the size of indoor gatherings and ordered certain kinds of businesses to close early (bars, gyms, restaurants).

I’m trying to decide whether or not to stay at my food distribution volunteer job through the winter. I really want to. On the other hand, I am sensitive to the cold and concerned about COVID. We work outdoors, giving food to large numbers of people. It’s a great thing to be involved in, but I have to decide whether or not it’s worth the risk.

• Friendly
Three people in my social circle tested positive in the last week. I got tested on Saturday and didn't get results (negative) until Tuesday...I missed work and skipped an outdoor party for some friends who were back in town while I waited. I know a lot of people are just gonna go about business as usual while they wait on results so that kind of wait time just seems unacceptable (turns out one of the people I know with covid came straight from getting tested to hang out at the bike shop!).

I hope the death rate stays low if it doesn't decline further. But at this point I'm expecting everyone will get it eventually - our government has totally failed to control this and people just aren't taking it seriously. When it's all said and done the US will have lost well over 100x the number of people lost on 9/11 and it doesn't feel like our response is in anyway proportionate to that.

I hope the death rate stays low if it doesn't decline further. But at this point I'm expecting everyone will get it eventually - our government has totally failed to control this and people just aren't taking it seriously. When it's all said and done the US will have lost well over 100x the number of people lost on 9/11 and it doesn't feel like our response is in anyway proportionate to that.

I agree. It seems like a lot of us are in some form of denial. Why isn’t there more outrage? I think it will come later. We’re all in survival mode right now. Once we get through it, we’ll have time to reflect, and then the full reality will set in.

My coworker was complaining about how strict our work policy is on masks. She said it's so ironic when the people who want everyone to wear a mask get covid themselves! :fp: I started to say something, but let it go.... There's a lot worse she comes up with than that!

Yeah, a lot of people still don’t get that thr masks are to protect other people.

I hope everyone stays vigilant. It’s really starting to spread. More and more people that I know are being directly exposed to positive cases. Luckily they are testing negative. I know we are all tired of it...so so tired. But we can’t quit now. It will mean all we’ve done the last 8 months was for nothing.

I hope everyone stays vigilant. It’s really starting to spread. More and more people that I know are being directly exposed to positive cases. Luckily they are testing negative. I know we are all tired of it...so so tired. But we can’t quit now. It will mean all we’ve done the last 8 months was for nothing.

It’s rising here too. It’s at that point where it’s not that bad, and people are still relaxed, but things could take a turn for the worse any time.

• Friendly
Cuomo is now hinting that we could soon get new state-wide or city-wide restrictions. He might make an announcement on Monday.

I’m doing 3 more days of in-person volunteer work. I’m also going to try and get to the dentist soon, before the rate of infection goes up. And I keep stocking up on basic supplies.

our area is also going into Red Zone on Monday - I too have been continuing to stock up and it is working as I have only had to go out every 10 days to 2 weeks to restock with fresh food and replenish the other items - I would like to do another fresh food run since the weather has cooled down again so my balcony can again be a cold cellar of sorts - potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, squash, etc.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

So far the counties in the Bay Area are doing ok, covid-wise. Much better than most places. I can’t find the data on new cases per day but it must be pretty low. There are only 20 people with Covid in hospitals today. That is for the whole county. And the curve is flat. San Francisco reports about 40 confirmed hospitalized patients. It is starting to go up. In October it was down to 20. As of today, San Francisco is discontinuing indoor eating. Mostly because of a report that stated that indoor eating was very risky. Not sure if that is going to happen here or not. I still don’t go out to eat.

Reactions: Emma JC and Freesia