The Everything Christmas Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already watching the Christmas 24 channel,:p there is a film called The Christmas Bunny on at the moment and I'm drinking cocoa and eating tangerines.:smitten: I'm sure I always say this but I'm thinking about getting a real tree this year.

6c1cc7291d344a50e5d36f7aca224354_zps5a16a2f9.jpg

Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
[QUOTE="KLS52, post: 206464, member: 22"]Yay!

I'm a mind reader KL's snow.:p

View attachment 5459[/QUOTE]
Indeed you are. I am also watching Christmas movies on Hallmark. Now that Halloween is over I'm ready to kick into full holiday mode. Looking forward to Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Yesterday was an awesome Fall day...cloudy, blustery and quite chilly. Today is still very chilly and windy but the sun is out. Lovin' it. :starshower:

Reactions: Amy SF
Something went wonky with the way my post/quote posted above and now it won't let me edit/fix it. :eek:

So cute and delicious looking.

Thanks for keeping this thread active, shyvas. ❤ I know it's still early for most people but I'm good to go, now. I have, officially, started listening to Christmas music in my car.

^I like Rose Elliot's nut roast recipe, I used to make that all the time when I was first vegan.

I hope it snows this year. I have been looking online for eco friendly Christmas trees to buy but I can't find one that delivers to me.

I'm going to make vegan Bailey's on Christmas eve. Vegan Baileys - Minimal Eats :lick:

Reactions: KLS52
Thanks for keeping this thread active, shyvas. ❤ I know it's still early for most people but I'm good to go, now. I have, officially, started listening to Christmas music in my car.

Same here. ;)

^I like Rose Elliot's nut roast recipe, I used to make that all the time when I was first vegan.

I hope it snows this year. I have been looking online for eco friendly Christmas trees to buy but I can't find one that delivers to me.

I'm going to make vegan Bailey's on Christmas eve. Vegan Baileys - Minimal Eats :lick:

Is this the recipe Molls ?

Cashew nut roast with herb stuffing from 'Vegetarian Christmas' by Rose Elliot,

• Serves 6
  • 50g/2oz/4 tbs butter
  • 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
  • 225g/8oz/1¾ cups unroasted cashew nuts
  • 125g/4oz white bread, crusts removed
  • 2 large cloves garlic
  • 200 ml/7 fl oz water or light vegetable stock
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • grated nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 quantity herb stuffing
  • To garnish: Sprigs of fresh parsley, small lemon slices
Set the oven to 200c/gas 6. Prepare a 450g/1lb loaf pan. Put a long strip of non-stick paper across the bottom and up the two narrow sides, then use some of the butter to grease the pan and paper well.

Melt most of the remaining butter in a medium-sized saucepan, add the onion and fry for about 10 minutes until tender but not browned. Remove from the heat.

Grind the cashew nuts in a food processor with the bread and garlic, then add to the onion together with the water or stock, salt, pepper, grated nutmeg and lemon juice to taste. Put half the cashew nut mixture into the prepared pan, top with the herb stuffing, then spoon the rest of the nut mixture on top. Dot with the remaining butter. Stand the pan in another pan to catch any butter oozing out, then bake for about 30 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Cover the roast with foil if it gets too brown before then.

Cool for a minute or two in the pan, then slip a knife around the sides, turn the nut roast out and strip off the paper. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and small slices of lemon, and surround with roast potatoes, if you're serving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.