The Everything Animal Thread

Update:

Update: The response that I received from the legal dept. at B Bardot Foundation concerning a possible conviction in France:

Dear Ms,

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail below and thank you for it.

By application of the principle of criminal law "non bis in idem" according to which no one can be prosecuted or punished for the same facts, the case cannot be judged in France since Mr Zouma has already been convicted in England, where the crime took place.

We hope that his conviction and the negative media fallout from this case will prevent any recurrence and deter other individuals from committing such acts.

Thank you for your involvement in the animal cause,

Yours sincerely,

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Johnny Depp was in Newhaven (Sussex) the week end before we arrived in Brighton. He has recently
been to Folly wildlife rescue in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. I also went to visit the town when I was in the UK, however,
never bumped into him. o_O

Reactions: KLS52
TIL, Bees are fish.

This was decided in a California Court room.
The gist of it is that environmentalists want to put protect some bees under the California Endangered Species Act.

Land invertebrates are not explicitly protected under the California Endangered Species Act, which protects endangered "native species or subspecies of a bird, mammal, fish, amphibian, reptile, or plant."

The state's Fish and Game Code defines "fish" as "a wild fish, mollusk, crustacean, invertebrate, amphibian, or part, spawn, or ovum of any of those animals."

That means snails and frogs are "fish". So.... why not bees?

For more info.

1654782597920.png1654782631701.png1654782617173.png

Multiple gulls have been dropping off roof tops onto the pavements at Brighton Marina and some surrounding areas since yesterday.
We are all busy currently calling various authorities, including Defra, Rspb, Sussex police and the marina. They have to rule out
Avian flu but there is a huge suspicion that they are being poisoned.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
1654846693389.png

1654846711512.png

Little Miracle who was bought in by a person who found her at the tram station in the north east of the UK. Another orphan
further to the cull of mum and dad.
She was on the brink of death and spent the night in an incubator and liquids were fed to her. This morning she has opened
her eyes but is not out of the woods yet.

• Love
Reactions: Blues

Little Miracle who was bought in by a person who found her at the tram station in the north east of the UK. Another orphan
further to the cull of mum and dad.
She was on the brink of death and spent the night in an incubator and liquids were fed to her. This morning she has opened
her eyes but is not out of the woods yet.

How news travels fast. 36 hours ago Little Miracle was on the brink of death and now she'll soon be a future star.

I posted her story/video/pix on a Vegan FB page and the admin (and team) has a project for a vegan book. The person was
so touched by her story and photo that she wants her to be the mascot for the future book. How nice is that!

Reactions: KLS52
😍😍😍 Some people are just amazing. I hope to be able to do this someday.
B8973B7F-CDEF-4DE8-8FD3-C2D963F96999.jpeg5AF10DF4-851B-46D2-BD5A-7893A864325A.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas