The Everything Animal Thread

1632213372385.png

Ronchamp Biodiversity Refuge

18 September

I would like to thank all the hunters who took this photo and imagine the palpable pain of this male turtle-dove in front of the lifeless body of his female...
The turtle-dove, like the pigeon, IS MONOGAMOUS, it loves only once and for life!
This male is now a widower and will remain alone and sad for the rest of his life...
The death of this female wipes out how many generations of turtle-doves?
- WHO can still imagine that an animal has no feelings?
- WHO can still enjoy killing an innocent wild animal, which only wants to live, to love and to procreate?
- WHY does AN ANIMAL'S LIFE not count as much as ours in our eyes?
➡️ Let us understand that the time has come to safeguard biodiversity and that the traditions we know are part of a gluttonous, dangerous system, incapable of evolving to perpetuate the survival of Man on Earth.
➡️ HUNTERS, who are demonstrating today to defend this hobby: The rural world IS NOT THREATENED... IT IS SIMPLY THE WORLD THAT IS THREATENED if the state of conservation of BIODIVERSITY CONTINUES TO DEGRADER 😉
✅ REFORM THE HUNT, with the certain intelligence of these men, accomplices in spite of themselves, of the perversity of their hobby of which they seem not to understand the consequences!
Photo : James YUL

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I watched the peaceful demonstration on the live streaming (FB) yesterday. This group was asking all Ontario residents to complain to their MP's with regards to the Bill 156!

Animal Save Movement

Yesterday
MEAT THE VICTIMS CANADA #2

BREAKING: 200 animal activists stage a Meat the Victims action at a Hybrid Turkeys breeding farm in Ontario, a week before Canadian Thanksgiving. They’re bringing attention to abuse that regularly occurs on farms, which is hidden from the public. But filming abuse inside these facilities has been outlawed by Ontario’s new ag gag law, Bill 156. With no laws for on-farm animal welfare, and no monitoring from government inspectors, one of the only ways the treatment of farmed animals has been brought to light is when activists expose it.

Hybrid Turkeys, the world’s largest breeder supplying 60% of grocery store turkeys, was previously exposed in 2014 by Mercy for Animals - revealing workers kicking & throwing turkeys, crushing their spines with bolt cutters, and viciously beating them with shovels. Video footage also revealed turkeys with gaping, puss-filled wounds and rotting eyes who were left to slowly die. The company was convicted of animal cruelty, but as we can see today, Hybrid Turkeys has failed to clean up its act.

To stop activists from exposing abusive practices, the industry lobbied to pass ag gag laws in Canada. In 2020, Bill 156 was passed in Ontario; anyone who violates this ag gag law could be arrested, prosecuted, fined, and/or imprisoned. Today shows that ag gag laws will not prevent activists from exposing the sickening cruelty that farmed animals face. Instead of trying to silence activists & cover up the violence going on in commercial farms, the Ontario government should do the right thing and repeal Bill 156.
#MeatTheVictimsCanada #RepealBill156

I've often considered it telling the when confronted with videos depicting animal cruelty the response is frequently to make the production of the video illegal - not the animal cruelty.

We should be allowed to see how our food is made. We should be able to bear seeing how our food is made.
If the conditions in which we raise animals for slaughter are so awful they can't be seen, then they should be reformed, not hidden by the force of the state.​

— Ezra Klein (@ezraklein) January 4, 2019

• Agree
Reactions: EllieW and KLS52
1634033080105.png

Linjoy Wildlife Sanctuary and Rescue - Midlands

These hot dog rolls were donated for the birds. The gulls of course helped themselves as they fly freely around the sanctuary and are into every thing. The pigeons then had a free snack after the gulls had done
😂

You can feed them the best food ever yet in the end they are more interested in a few bread rolls lol!

I saw the donkey one when I was scrolling TikTok the other day. Sooooo cute 🥰

View attachment 25933

Linjoy Wildlife Sanctuary and Rescue - Midlands

These hot dog rolls were donated for the birds. The gulls of course helped themselves as they fly freely around the sanctuary and are into every thing. The pigeons then had a free snack after the gulls had done
😂

You can feed them the best food ever yet in the end they are more interested in a few bread rolls lol!
you sure those were for the birds and not for the workers' lunch?
I would think if they were meant for the birds they would have opened the packages. The gulls probably think everything tastes better when stolen.

you sure those were for the birds and not for the workers' lunch?
I would think if they were meant for the birds they would have opened the packages. The gulls probably think everything tastes better when stolen.

The rolls were donated to the sanctuary. Everybody knows that gulls are scavengers ! :heart_eyes: