The Everything Animal Thread

View attachment 26027

This is Nouga and she is up for adoption. She's a gorgeous 4 yr old KAV. I have
forwarded the details to my doctor who wishes to adopt a dog. Fingers crossed.
I absolutely love these dogs. I think they're the most beautiful dog breed. I was going to get one but ended up with a little Pom that's sassy and my little love.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
I fell in love with this guy online. They were looking for a foster. Luckily they found one. He seems so sweet.
View attachment 26029

He is indeed. I feel so sorry for these millions of abandoned animals. There are literally dozens of photos and ads on FB and online for dogs who need a new home. It beats me how anyone can just abandon them.

I feel so sorry for these poor bulls. Not only are they terrified by getting released into a screaming crowd of jerks but then they are
taken into the arena and are killed ruthlessly after having been tortured. It's mind boggling that Spaniards (also the French & Portugese) think it's part of some kind of honorable tradition!:rolleyes:

May be an image of text

Need some prayers, well wishes, healing vibes…whatever your persuasion…for my daughter’s cat, King. He ended up at the emergency vet last night with a urinary blockage which they operated on, and now they found two bladder stones. He will need a second surgery today. 🙏🏻💙🙏🏻

He has been on a special kidney diet for a couple of years. This is the first major issue. I think he’s around 12 years old. He’s so cute. I love tabby’s. I’m glad I got see him on Tuesday. 😍

D5BBF5C3-162B-4092-8371-7BE9C349CE58.jpeg

Need some prayers, well wishes, healing vibes…whatever your persuasion…for my daughter’s cat, King. He ended up at the emergency vet last night with a urinary blockage which they operated on, and now they found two bladder stones. He will need a second surgery today. 🙏🏻💙🙏🏻

He has been on a special kidney diet for a couple of years. This is the first major issue. I think he’s around 12 years old. He’s so cute. I love tabby’s. I’m glad I got see him on Tuesday. 😍

View attachment 26227
Awww poor baby. Sending him tons of best wishes for a full recovery.:heart:

I love this story... I remember when I was a child my mom had lots of records (albums) with different bird calls on them and it helped me over the years to recognize various birds and to appreciate and love them.

• An album of bird noises has cracked the Top 5 in Australia, besting holiday stalwarts like Mariah Carey and Michael Bublé. The record, entitled Songs of Disappearance, was captured over four decades, and features the calls and songs of 53 endangered species, including the night parrot and the regent honeyeater. All proceeds will go to BirdLife Australia.

The whole article, where I found this, is very interesting and I will link it here. There are stories about raising houses during flood times, about zero-waste Christmas trees etc. https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/what-on-earth-house-retrofit-floods-1.6288377

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
I love this story... I remember when I was a child my mom had lots of records (albums) with different bird calls on them and it helped me over the years to recognize various birds and to appreciate and love them.

• An album of bird noises has cracked the Top 5 in Australia, besting holiday stalwarts like Mariah Carey and Michael Bublé. The record, entitled Songs of Disappearance, was captured over four decades, and features the calls and songs of 53 endangered species, including the night parrot and the regent honeyeater. All proceeds will go to BirdLife Australia.

The whole article, where I found this, is very interesting and I will link it here. There are stories about raising houses during flood times, about zero-waste Christmas trees etc. https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/what-on-earth-house-retrofit-floods-1.6288377

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

That reminds me of a story I just heard about a project that records forest sounds and then uses AI to determine the health of the forest.

That got me thinking that it would be cool if someone developed a Shazam for birds. So I googled it and there are three apps

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC