The Everything Animal Thread

Fingers crossed that Penn and his staff including all the animals make it:

I've been following this since yesterday. There have been many updates both on the news and on their FB page. The MOD says that it's not
going to let Pen and his team including the pets jump the queue. The chartered plane should be heading from Luton to Kabul tonight with animal right's activist Dominic on board who says this is a Dunkirk operation. Pen and his 4 lorries with the 150 caged pets have been outside the aiport in the sweltering heat since the last 15 hours.:sweat:

Fingers crossed for all of them.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and KLS52

I've been following this since yesterday. There have been many updates both on the news and on their FB page. The MOD says that it's not
going to let Pen and his team including the pets jump the queue. The chartered plane should be heading from Luton to Kabul tonight with animal right's activist Dominic on board who says this is a Dunkirk operation. Pen and his 4 lorries with the 150 caged pets have been outside the aiport in the sweltering heat since the last 15 hours.:sweat:

Fingers crossed for all of them.

According to UK government sources and the main media, Pen has left Kabul with the animals (200) in the early hours of the morning. Sadly, he had to leave his entire team behind due to Biden's latest regulations.

Apparently there were many tears shed.:relieved:

Ministry of Defence Press Office
@DefenceHQPress
·
17h

Pen Farthing and his pets were assisted through the system at Kabul airport by the UK Armed Forces. They are currently being supported while he awaits transportation.

1630147264442.png1630147276872.png

Reactions: Lou
I'm delighted that these animals will find loving homes in the UK:

''Mixed emotions and true deep feeling of sadness for Afghan today," he said.

Mr Farthing added he had "witnessed first hand the compassion Heathrow is showing Afghan refugees".
Dr Iain McGill, a vet on the plane back with Mr Farthing, which made a stop-off in another country before returning to the UK, said there were also between 90 to 100 dogs and 60 to 70 cats on the flight.
"The animals, considering what they've been through, are in very good shape on the whole," Dr McGill told the BBC.

He said they had been checked and had gone to quarantine kennels, adding: "As you can imagine they're not short of homes for these animals."

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
View attachment 25673

View attachment 25674
View attachment 25675
View attachment 25676

View attachment 25680

View attachment 25681

A few of the 200 Nowzad animals at the Animal Reception Centre where they will quarantine for up to 4 months!

1630323548778.png

It has been reported that sadly 5 cats died and a dog (he was shot) on the 1st leg of the journey further to the Isis K bombing. :worried:

“From the second I met the British troops, during the Taliban-British handover, oh my God, those guys were absolutely amazing, fantastic.

“The marines and the Army tend to have a little bit of a rivalry, but I could not have been happier to see them at the checkpoint.”
Pen explained that they only had an hour to put the animals on their flight from Kabul, but the help of troops made the move possible.

“Some American troops on the airfield said ‘are you the dog guy?’, and they dropped everything to help,” he said.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and PTree15
This is how the Nowzad animal charity in Kabul started:

Nowzad the dog made a 3,000 mile journey for a new life after being found half starved in a cellar in Afghanistan. The badly-treated pooch was discovered by British troops in Nowzad, a desert town in the Helmand province, and was removed to the home of then Sgt Paul Farthing 42 Commando Rgt Royal Marines. (Image: SWNS)

1630392801474.png

Sgt Paul Farthing with Nowzad the dog in Afghanistan after he was saved by the Royal Marines. Nowzad was among five dogs and 14 puppies rescued from the town of Nowzad by 42 Commando (Image: SWNS)

1630392904454.png

1630401954337.png