The economist predicts 2019 will be the “year of the vegan”

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Forward-looking publication “The World in 2019” posits that veganism will officially become the norm next year.

Very optimistic, but not a bad way to start the new year. I'm not that familiar with the Economist but I had the impression that they were a serious news magazine. I just wanted to make sure that my impression was well founded and looked thru a list of their headlines this year. And I spotted a lot of veganish articles. Maybe one of the editors has gone vegan.

Here is a link to an article in VegNews about the article
https://vegnews.com/2018/12/the-economist-predicts-2019-will-be-the-year-of-the-vegan

I could not find the article to link to, tho.

I found an interesting YouTube video of John Parker talking about nutrition back in 2013 so it seems he has at least been aware of nutrition for awhile.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Wow - that's pretty awesome. I saw that headline earlier from PBN I think - I didn't click on it so didn't realise it was something published by The Economist. I can't help but feel like why oh why has it taken so long... But whatever! I do actually feel like lots of people are at least *starting* to wake up. I mean, the information is out there and has been for a while now. I am hoping that by the time my child is my age that he will begin to see a world where the exploitation and consumption of animals is something destined for the history books. Yay!