The 17 Best Vegan Breakfasts

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

This article is a good summary of breakfast options and had a number of new things.

Pretty much product - oriented but still informative.

I knew about Puffins and sometimes buy them but more for eating out of the box while watching TV.
I will be keeping an eye out for the Catalina Crunch

I didn't know there was a drinkable yogurt (Califia farms). That is good to know.

I've had some of the Alpha breakfast buritoes. IMHO they don't deserve to be on a list that contains the word "best".

Thumbs up on Just Egg and Van's Waffles.

I probably should get some pancake mix. Maybe that Partake would be good to try. I think its past time I make another InstantPot Pancake.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
These are breakfast dishes that you can make at home. Liquid (drinkable) yogurts and pancakes are just an example.

I just ate my last portion of steel cut oatmeal this morning. I used up all my blueberries, so it worked out. I do love breakfast, even if that's just some toast and homemade jam/jelly.

I'm wanting to try some different breakfast ideas. I mean like maybe some different ethnic traditions. For example, East Indian breakfasts would be much different than what we're generally used to in North America. Many East Indian recipes are naturally vegetarian. Those that are can be made vegan very easily in most cases.

There's plenty other ethnic traditions to try out. Anyone have any experiences or traditions they wish to share? Any suggestions? I'm just looking for, not necessarily the best vegan breakfasts, but rather different vegan breakfast ideas from around the world.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
NYC Jewish Vegan Breakfast
Toasted Bagel, with fake lox cream cheese*, lettuce, one slice of tomoto, onion, and 4 slices of cucumber.

first you toast the bagel. Apply the cream cheese. put the cucumbers in the cream cheese - it helps to hold them in place than. then a slice of tomato and a slice of onion and then some lettuce.

California Breakfast -
Avocado on toast.

Processed Food Breakfast
Foldable Just egg, hash browns, and sausage.

Tofu Scamble.

When I want to indulge myself, I make sausage and gravy and biscuits. I don't care for plain TVP (to me, it tastes like dog food smells), but I do like sausage flavored TVP, and I think it works well for sausage and gravy).

My breakfasts vary widely - everything from toast and coffee to warm oatmeal to savory leftovers of all kinds to cake to tofu scramble and fried potatoes, to fruit.

I would love pizza for breakfast, we just never have leftovers unless I order it in and that is rare 😥

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Being that I live alone, whenever I make a home made pizza there are leftovers.
When I get takeout I have two dinners, and one lunch.
One thing I have recently discovered is that my home made pizza taste great when getting reheated in the air fryer. I haven't tried that with take out yet. but I bet it does too.

When I want to indulge myself, I make sausage and gravy and biscuits. I don't care for plain TVP (to me, it tastes like dog food smells), but I do like sausage flavored TVP, and I think it works well for sausage and gravy).

My breakfasts vary widely - everything from toast and coffee to warm oatmeal to savory leftovers of all kinds to cake to tofu scramble and fried potatoes, to fruit.
My breakfasts vary widely as well, when I actually eat breakfast. I will often have what are considered breakfast foods for dinner. I love a good tofu scramble any time of the day. And sometimes if I make a quiche for dinner, I will have a slice for breakfast. I like to make blueberry pancakes, home fries and scones when I splurge, usually on a Sunday, so it's more like brunch. Toast with peanut butter or a fruit smoothie are good breakfast options for me as well.

I've tried "Just Egg" and also various granolas, and liked them all. I'm sure that vegan waffles would REALLY do it for me.

But I usually just have quick-cooking oats with my liquid of choice (usually water) poured on, and fruit. The quick oats don't have to be cooked this way: as I understand it, they're pre-cooked and aren't excessively chewy, even after only a minute or two of soaking. It's a whole-grain, low-fat-and-sugar, convenient, yet satisfying breakfast. (Not very imaginative, though...)