The Democrats USA (2018-2020)

Blues

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
From the outside of the USA watching the Democrats, the party seems to be still struggling with leadership problems. It looks like the only contenders are Biden, Clinton, and Sanders, at the moment.

I did see I program on up and comings in the Democrats party, they all had a separate message to the above three, more of a cross the country appeal rather than preaching to the converted.

Have waited for a thread to start up but (well on the board ) most postings are about the other guy, Trump.

Trump himself seems to be his biggest opposition at the moment with lack of cohesive leadership and policies from the Democrats.

Reactions: Second Summer
Somehow, this comes back to my mind ...

Unfortunately, I think it is very much correct ...

View attachment 14286
I'm not sure if this was ever entirely accurate, though it does have quite a lot of truth to it. At this point, though, may be outdated, or soon outdated, as the Republican party under Trump is being transformed on a number of issues such as policies on immigration and against immigrants, foreign policy regarding the relationship with current allies in Europe/NATO, and the relationship with Russia, as well as international trade, to name a few.

New Democratic Party leaders are finally beginning to emerge - Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, just to name two. Terry McAuliffe is also making a lot of noise, although I don't think he'll go very far if he runs.

And I really don't think the Venn Diagram is all that accurate - especially among more progressive Democrats! :dismay:

And I really don't think the Venn Diagram is all that accurate - especially among more progressive Democrats! :dismay:

There is one thing on that diagram that's outdated for certain. Republicans love Russia now... "Putin is a great leader"...:rolleyes:

Top-tier Dems begin making way to Iowa

sandersbernie_bookercory_harriskamala_100518gn_lead.jpg

Don't know about Bernie, he seems to come across as an angry old man. It's going to be interesting how this all pans out, there are a few more who haven't as yet, put their hand up for the top job.

Top-tier Dems begin making way to Iowa

sandersbernie_bookercory_harriskamala_100518gn_lead.jpg

Don't know about Bernie, he seems to come across as an angry old man. It's going to be interesting how this all pans out, there are a few more who haven't as yet, put their hand up for the top job.

OMG, I could only dream of a Kamala Harris-Cory Booker ticket.... :master: <3 :woo:

And I love Bernie. I prefer to think of him as endearingly grumpy. :D But he certainly has a lot to be legitimately angry about. :sadnod:

OMG, I could only dream of a Kamala Harris-Cory Booker ticket.... :master: <3 :woo:

And I love Bernie. I prefer to think of him as endearingly grumpy. :D But he certainly has a lot to be legitimately angry about. :sadnod:

Well maybe angry old man might have been a hash call, more of a frustrated grumpiness about him, he definitely has a core of support. But with his demeanour can he appeal to the wider electoral community, and at 77 his clock is ticking.

I never thought of a Harris-Booker ticket that would be interesting.

The Democrats need someone who can put Trump in his place and sink to his level of necessary. Hillary's approach didn't work...

They also can't ignore Democratic voters in certain states like Hillary did.

In short, if they copy Hillary's playbook, they will lose. We all know the definition of insanity...

The Democrats need someone who can put Trump in his place and sink to his level of necessary. Hillary's approach didn't work...
Lots of reasons why Hillary Clinton's approach didn't succeed, and not all were of her own making, but she had "baggage" and an image as a DC insider with a distinct lack of appeal to young and progressive voters. Despite everything, she did win the popular vote at least ...

Do you really think sinking to Trump's level is the right approach, though?

One of the more important things that went wrong for Hillary Clinton was that she didn't manage to set the agenda in the media. The media wants a circus so it's easy to write attention-grabbing headlines, and Trump's tweets could always be relied upon to provide the material. I don't think you have to be a fascist circus clown to set the agenda, though. For example, humour could be an effective weapon against such an opponent.

Another advantage Trump had was that he didn't have much of a political history, so a lot of people didn't realize what kind of policies he would push as president, and voted for him because they thought surely anything would be better than the alligators in the D.C. swamp. I think that advantage is now gone, for the most part ...

I was surprised he "might" be a contender .....but we will see

I think we might see a buffet of Dems running just like we saw with the Reps in the last campaign... and I'm thinking (merely envisioning at this point) that Trump will just be offered up as sole slaughter by the GOP... because they'll have accomplished a lot of what was on their agenda & they no longer need him & they'll exit all the richer & leave a Dem majority a colossal mess that will take years, probably decades, to clean up....

Just "thinking out loud" here.... :| LOL