The Coffee House-Come and Chat With Us!(January 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love coffee- it's one of my favorite flavors. I quit it before, trying to like teas more, but after a couple months went back. I had been drinking coffee all day, and really had none of it's effects, so quitting did allow my to reset my tolerance, and now I can feel the caffeine, and only have a couple mugs a day.
Good and plain.

OK, but are the acid-free?
I'm just going to leave this right here:

The temperature issue is addressed.
Also, aren't filters just one more thing to buy and throw away?
Also, make sure your using filtered water for you coffee and not tap water. Makes a huge difference in the taste. May not be recommended, but I used to use distilled.
... I'm so glad I quit coffee. Not only did it not agree with me but it's one more thing I don't have to buy or worry about. 😉

On colds: Anyone every had a success with elderberry syrup? I've been sick since Thursday night. Missed days off work kind of sick. I just got some of it but I'm afraid I started taking it too late. 😭😷🤧🤒 #pityparty

Yes I find that elderberry, echinaicea, zinc and vitamin C work. It sounds like you might have the flu. It may be too late for it to stop symptoms entirely but it should help you heal faster.

Get lots of rest! 😴💙

Reactions: Emma JC
Oregano oil helps. 100%, I promise. 🙌
Start as soon as you feel anything coming on...or even better, every day.
How do you take the oil? It just so happens I hate oregano...blame it on my Italian family/upbringing, lol. I can’t imagine taking a spoonful of the oil...*gag* LOL

How do you take the oil? It just so happens I hate oregano...blame it on my Italian family/upbringing, lol. I can’t imagine taking a spoonful of the oil...*gag* LOL
It is DISGUSTING :laughing: I'm sorry to to tell you that but for me there's no way to make it palatable hahaha. A few drops mixed into a cup of plant milk & downed is the most efficient way to do it in my experience.

You can't have it while pregnant or breastfeeding so it's been a while for me.....

So worth it though. Wouldn't persevere through it otherwise 🤭

It's horrible- and the smell :worried:
I do have a teeny vial, it does wonders at the beginning of a cold or sinus problem. I know people who've taken it for tooth problems- didn't help me there :tired_face:

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC

I would imagine that all essentiel oils taste bad as they are highly concentrated. I love, love oregano but only on my pizza. 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I am shaking off a cold, havent had one in years,lol. So I'm kind of babying myself.
But! On the plus side, I've been getting art done, and I've gotten a few more high priced commissions in! I might either get new carpet or a new sofa.

Our new roommate is so much better than the vegetarian who left. This guy is almost-vegan and wants to come to our animal rights activist meeting later in the week. He is really nice too.

I discovered Anthrozoology is exactly the field I belong in, but there's only ONE Master's program so far in the country. I could do it online but it's a private college in New York and may be too expensive even with financial aid. Anthrozoology covers topics like speciesism and how our relationship with animals influences anthropogenic climate change. It's considered new-ish. I'll try to do Biological Anthropology at my current school but who knows if any faculty will even want to advise my research.

Edit: there's also a Master's in Animal Studies (possibly the only one in the world) at NYU. Its so weird that both of these programs are in New York and none exist in California. NYU would be cheaper if I became a resident of New York. I don't want to live in New York :(

Last edited:
@Forest Nymph - I wouldn't like to live in NY neither. I hope that you find another program elsewhere.

It going to rain today with temps. around 12°C. I'm stuck indoors anyway so will make the most of it. I have a lot
of reading to catch up with.
I may also make a black bean & sp chilli in the slow cooker. It's by far the best way
to cook chilli as the flavours have far more depth when the ingredients are gently simmered.

Morning coffee must be my favourite beverage ever. I really look forward to enjoying my daily mug. :grinning:

We woke up today and the furnace is blowing cold air. Why does stuff break when my house is a mess? Plus, i am taking my kid to his therapist appt in afew hours, we're hoping she will be cooperative, we need her to write a letter so Danny can start hormones, we're not sure she will help out. Wish me luck today.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sax and Emma JC
Kind of wish I was here for the new year's day. Do people still watch New Year's Rockin' Eve? My parents and I use to watch it, but now I just go to sleep at 4pm and wake up at 12am and start the day at that hour. Wish I had a boyfriend to do that with.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Came home from spending a few hours with my mother this morning to find my husband had vacuumed and steamed the entire downstairs. :)

Then after lunch we took a drive around the Capitol, downtown and down Monument Avenue to see what kinds of barricades have been erected before the gun rights protests on Monday. The Capitol grounds look very secure, and tricky to maneuver, although you can still drive right up behind the Governor's Mansion, but that will probably be changed by Monday.

Scary times.

Status
Not open for further replies.